Finding an IFA to advise on a QROPS transfer essentially on a fixed fee basis

Hello

I am looking for an IFA who is able to advise on transfer to a QROPS essentially on a fixed fee basis, reflecting the effort and complexity, rather than entirely on a percentage basis linked to the transfer value.

I realise that the transfer value would impact the PI insurance, regulatory fees and levy so a fee partially linked with the transfer value seems fair. However a number of IFAs I have contacted (via the unbiased site), base their fees fully linked to the transfer value which IMHO results in an unfairly high fee where the transfer value is large.

I would welcome any information on IFAs who are able to advise on a QROPS transfer essentially on a fixed fee basis. Please PM me.

Thanks.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,354 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    However a number of IFAs I have contacted (via the unbiased site), base their fees fully linked to the transfer value which IMHO results in an unfairly high fee where the transfer value is large.

Lots of IFAs I know charge a fixed fee. However, all the ones I know wouldnt go near a QROPS or would intentionally price high to act as a passive blocker.
    I would welcome any information on IFAs who are able to advise on a QROPS transfer essentially on a fixed fee basis. Please PM me.

its against board rules to do that.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Aegis
    Aegis Posts: 5,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Are you still based in the UK at present, or have you already moved overseas? You should have more luck if you're still in the UK and preparing to go elsewhere, as many firms that would otherwise help might not have the permissions to deal with residents of certain jurisdictions.

Also where are you looking? In London you'd be able to find a number of IFAs who can help, while somewhere out in the countryside you almost certainly wouldn't.
    I am a Chartered Financial Planner
    Anything I say on the forum is for discussion purposes only and should not be construed as personal financial advice. It is vitally important to do your own research before acting on information gathered from any users on this forum.
  • Maybe I saw the name somewhere else, but if you think they may not be legitimate then I will not follow up. Thanks for your input.
  • sandsy
    sandsy Posts: 1,719 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Is this funds from a DC or DB pension?
  • coyrls
    coyrls Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    sandsy wrote: »
    Is this funds from a DC or DB pension?

Until it was dug up again by "UK Pensions Adviser", the last post in this thread was from January this year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure