PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Comments

• tifosi
    tifosi Posts: 485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Some great payouts over the last few days, congratulations folks!

:D
    -

Congratulations to all who have got their PPI back!

:T
  • Halifax Success !!

Hello ,
    Submittted my claim on 5th of May , using the forms from here, and had the usual letters back.
    Received a letter this morning stating they are refunding the following :-
    Refund of premiums £1501.13
    Refund of interest applied because of PPI £1134.65
    Interest at 8% calculated until 9 Sept 2011 £ 69.93
    Total = £2705.71

I am thrilled as was expecting a 'battle' with them !!

Thankyou so much to Di, Amersall and everyone else for all their help and support and Good Luck to everyone waiting !!
    :j
    Kay x
  • claire95
    claire95 Posts: 78 Forumite
    smitchy73 wrote: »
    Hate to break the bad news claire95 they've been given extra time from the FSA/FOS to allow 8 weeks to work out and pay the calculations of redress, just need to be that bit more patient and know that the final interest payment to you will be up till the day of payment to you.:D
    aww ty hun i only have 2 payments left on the loan, after next week it will be only 1 so i will be around £300 pound a month better off plus my ppi back , after being in debt for 5 years i cant wait to be free from it:j:j
    :A:beer::A
  • farcove54 wrote: »
    Halifax Success !!

Hello ,
    Submittted my claim on 5th of May , using the forms from here, and had the usual letters back.
    Received a letter this morning stating they are refunding
    Kay x
    Hi kay, congratulations!! Another halifax success. Do you mind me asking if it was a credit card or loan? Im waiting on a response from them and really pleased to hear May submitted complaints seem to be coming through this week as mine went in mid may!! Am getting ready for a fight. Smitchy ur exacts are so helpful and im already building up my case as i think they will turn us down as we signed the form. Thanks for posting the extracts!! And happy spending kay!!
    Mary B
  • Hi kay, congratulations!! Another halifax success. Do you mind me asking if it was a credit card or loan? Im waiting on a response from them and really pleased to hear May submitted complaints seem to be coming through this week as mine went in mid may!! Am getting ready for a fight. Smitchy ur exacts are so helpful and im already building up my case as i think they will turn us down as we signed the form. Thanks for posting the extracts!! And happy spending kay!!

Hello Mary,
    Sorry , should have said ! It was a credit card, taken out 'face to face' when I opened my bank account with them in 2004 and paid off in 2009 - so I also signed the form but was working less than 16 hours per week.
    This should give hope to others waiting!
    Kay x
  • farcove54 wrote: »
    Hello Mary,
    Sorry , should have said ! It was a credit card, taken out 'face to face' when I opened my bank account with them in 2004 and paid off in 2009 - so I also signed the form but was working less than 16 hours per week.
    This should give hope to others waiting!
    Kay x

Tanks kay, we think this was a postal application but not actually sure. Husband has excellent redundancy and sick scheme etc and hoping to get success because of this that. As there was no face to face contact its a bit less likely though. Cant remember if it was tick box or not so time will tell. Thought we had a long wait but now hoping we might hear soon.
    Mary B
  • :jMy husband took out a loan with Northern Rock, after completing the PPI template he mentioned that although he was interested in taking PPI with the loan after recent media activity understood that he could get it at a fraction of the cost offered by Northern Rock. He applied for the loan through the internet and they agreed that there was not enough information provided, after only one letter they agreed to refund over £9500! We have now received the money and the whole process took about 12 weeks.
  • smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    claire95 wrote: »
    aww ty hun i only have 2 payments left on the loan, after next week it will be only 1 so i will be around £300 pound a month better off plus my ppi back , after being in debt for 5 years i cant wait to be free from it:j:j
    Excellent, that means if you get to the end you should get back the full ppi amount and all the interest as quoted on your agreement, plus I think you should get 8% interest on each payment you have made from when it was paid.:j:j:D
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • Santander - Evans Card
    Has anyone had any dealings with Santander? I sent them the questionaire and they've responding by sending me a copy of the form I filled in instore in 2003 which does show that I signed for PPI. They have also said that there was a 30 cooling off period and therefore they are not upholding my complaint.
    I clearly remember that when I was filling in the form I was instructed simply to sign here, here and here etc. and have always thought that the PPI was compulsary. On looking at the form says 'and don't forget to take out account cover for your peace of mind' which to me seems a leading statement.
    Do I still have a claim? If so, what is the next step?
    Lisa
  • Rae115
    Rae115 Posts: 187 Forumite
    farcove54 wrote: »
    Halifax Success !!

Hello ,
    Received a letter this morning stating they are refunding the following :-
    Refund of premiums £1501.13
    Refund of interest applied because of PPI £1134.65
    Interest at 8% calculated until 9 Sept 2011 £ 69.93
    Total = £2705.71

I am thrilled as was expecting a 'battle' with them !!

Thankyou so much to Di, Amersall and everyone else for all their help and support and Good Luck to everyone waiting !!
    Kay x

:j :j congrats :j
    thanks for that - at least i have an idea of where i stand in the queue with halifax - got 3 in with them - 2 from may and 1 last week
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback