Add your feedback on energy supplier Flow

Comments

• topicalcat
    topicalcat Posts: 51 Forumite
    The call centre is in East Anglia - Ipswich! I think you have been scammed?
  • AbbieCadabra
    AbbieCadabra Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    topicalcat wrote: »
    The call centre is in East Anglia - Ipswich! I think you have been scammed?

tried to scam possibly, don't see what they'd achieve if i'd followed the call through, perhaps tried to switch our business supply? but they'd have failed anyway as no business supply here!

i did email Flow with details & asked if they could tell me what the call was about, no reply as yet & way past their 7 working day response time.

i could well have just assumed the call was from flow as he was talking about meter reads, i can't remember now if he even said he was from Flow, think he did, but can't be sure now...
  • topicalcat
    Very strange that we should have such widely different levels of service and that call to you does seem strange. As I say, they just sent me an email with a link, much like the monthly one for meter readings with a link to click if I wanted Connect6 tarriff so it was a 30 second job o sign up.
  • keith969
    keith969 Posts: 1,571 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Just in the process of switching to Flow. They sent me an email yesterday asking for meter readings and gave a link to do it online. Needed to activate account, provided all my details as requested but it came back with the details not matching their records.

So phoned them at 8:30am, got straight through and they discovered the phone number was incorrect - don't know if this was my error or theirs, but was corrected. They took my meter readings there and then so I didn't need to do it online, but did check if the online account had been activated - it had.

Will give an update when it's all switched over.
    For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong.
  • AbbieCadabra
    AbbieCadabra Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    topicalcat wrote: »
    Very strange that we should have such widely different levels of service and that call to you does seem strange. As I say, they just sent me an email with a link, much like the monthly one for meter readings with a link to click if I wanted Connect6 tarriff so it was a 30 second job o sign up.

this is the first time i've had to contact them, & this call might not even have been from them, it's a mystery :)

i enter my reads online each month on the 24th & a few days later a bill is ready to view on my account. my current deal ends next week & i've already opted to stay with them again as they are still cheapest for our use in our area.
  • parist
    parist Posts: 56 Forumite
    edited 31 March 2016 at 1:02PM
    Connect tariff ends today 31st March 16.

Called them up & was told connect 6 would be cheaper and would be £7 per month cheaper than the Connect I was previously on.

So if I had'nt called I would have been put on more expensive variable tariff.

Then I was given my actual usage for 12 months -as they used this to calculate new Connect 6 tariff monthly charge.

And guess what the "Your actual usage in the last 12 months" on my statement was considerably higher than what the agent gave me from his system readings.
    in the case of the gas it was nearly 3,000 kwh more on the statement!!!

The agent told me that there is an IT issue with this since February which they are aware of and are telling all customers who call. (what about the ones who have not called).

I asked if I have been overcharged then? He said not at all its just a statement error.

Looks like I will be getting pen paper n calculator to check the last few bills.

Anyone else had this experience with Flow energy??

Connect 6 works out cheaper than Connect - but this "IT problem" puts some serious doubt in my mind!!_pale_
  • topicalcat
    Very strange, i had an email last month asking me if I wanted to sign up for connect6 so I did and last week I had an email saying my monthly direct debit goes down by £6 a month from April following the review. So their system has worked seamlessly for me. I do hope their System is not about to go into meltdown, as has happened to other companies.
  • why do utility companies think we want to spend every month giving readings ? It's such an invasion of privacy and time.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    twinkerzzz wrote: »
    why do utility companies think we want to spend every month giving readings ? It's such an invasion of privacy and time.

Probably, because they need to manage their cash flow and they do not want to be saddled with a large amount of customer debt. Personally, I like suppliers that bill monthly as I can make sure that I am not paying too much or too little per month for the energy that I am consuming. Yes, it does take a few minutes of time each month, but I cannot see how reading a meter is an invasion of privacy.
  • i agree with the above it takes me 45 seconds to read and 2/3 mins to send to company on internet .sadly making problems where there are none just do it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure