Balancing not just the budget

Options

Comments

• RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MuffinTops wrote: »
    I have some Amazon kindle credit!!! Which book do you have of Danielle LaPorte?

I have the Desire Map... haven't fully worked through it, but am thinking of it and getting closer to picking my Core Desired Feelings for the year :)

I've also got her Truthbomb phone app and I LOVE it - great for answering a question, getting a new perspective or just giving a minor kick in the pants when needed!

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Right. Poking out tongue at reality moment (trademark Nora)
    stick%20out%20tongue3.gif

Definitely required as I have just updated YNAB and seen my budget for August :eek:. It's £380 over and that's without any of the holiday costs or paying down the college fees. However it does take into account clearing all the cards except the 0% with the college fees on it, and the overspend is mostly due to college costs. If I take that overspend out of the August paycheque - which is technically OK in the YNAB system - it will be OK. Though it won't solve the holiday costs, which will just have to happen and be dealt with - because I'm really looking forward to it :j.

Everything else looks reasonable, so I'm not too far off track :).

Rosa xx
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Quick Freeby-inspired list for tomorrow:
    • Book cat's booster vacc appointment
    • Cancel hair appointment (it will do for another few weeks)
    • Claim expenses
    • Get petrol ready for Saturday
    • Put volunteering project file by the door so I don't forget it on Saturday
    • Pay for professional association conference booking (it's going on the 0% 'College Card')
    • Sort out car insurance via TCB (the renewal is OK, but there's no sense missing out on a free £35, and it falls when I'm on holiday so want to be sure it's done in advance).
    • Match up YNAB and banking.
  • moneyonmymindsam
    moneyonmymindsam Posts: 2,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 August 2015 at 10:50PM
    Options
    Edited the post :) xxx
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Rosa,

I really understand your feelings of impatience at getting the whole board sorted and into your life. Sometimes it can be that impatience that is a slight hinder as we think of these things with irritation rather than openness? I don't know, only you know how you think about it, but I know I'm guilty of that!

You're far too lovely to be waiting long, it's just a case of how to get out there and find a person good enough for you! We'll obviously need to set up interviews when you meet someone you like to make sure he's worthy!!!!! :)

I truly hope you find what you're looking for. You definitely deserve that!

MT x
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Truly thank you both - that will teach me not to read MSE at work, made me sniffle at my desk :o .

Sam I am so sorry to hear what you went through - and very glad that you've found the nearly perfect Plus One.

I hear what you're saying, and I think MT's point about openness is a really relevant one for me - I'm going to try and just do more things where I might meet people. And that will be easier now I'm well and more relaxed. Holiday soon and a weekend coming up with a lovely friend helping on her stall at a local festival - really looking forward to it. Let's see who I meet :)

Rosa xx
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    As for the list...

Book cat's booster vacc appointment - done
    Cancel hair appointment (it will do for another few weeks) - done
    Claim expenses - done (and very welcome as turned out to be £25 more than I thought)
    Get petrol ready for Saturday - done
    Put volunteering project file by the door so I don't forget it on Saturday - done
    Pay for professional association conference booking (it's going on the 0% 'College Card') - done
    Sort out car insurance via TCB (the renewal is OK, but there's no sense missing out on a free £35, and it falls when I'm on holiday so want to be sure it's done in advance). - not done because it quoted me three times the renewal :eek: so will be phoning them next week
    Match up YNAB and banking. - done, all up to date and matching :)

No list required for the weekend, chores can all wait til Monday.

Rosa xx
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Rosa,

I honestly think my new found (and likely short lived) attractiveness is that I'm in a really good place mentally right now. I'm genuinely happy in my life and I think that's radiated out in our aura (ooh where's a tree, I need a hug!!!) I have more confidence than I've ever had (thanks going to the radio station and chatting to lovely people - here included), and I feel I know where I'm headed. I no longer feel lost. Maybe that has a lot to do with why men have approached me recently. You're sounding like you're there too now, so hopefully a lovely man will soon cross your path.

Yay to chores waiting until Monday! I'm procrastinating here after declaring a declutter war on my diary!!!!

How did it go on your friend's stall? Did you have a lovely day?

MTxx
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Hi Rosa, So sorry didn't mean to put you off so I edited the post - didn't mean to get carried away and sully your diary :):) :P - yes you get out there ...you are so lovely and kind and always very thoughtful what I did mean to say is I think you are wonderful so make sure someone deserves you :)

p.s have we found out the perfume MT is wearing yet ??? lol
    p.p.s leaves Mansize Yorkie Buttons for you ...open ...who knows maybe the right one can be tempted by chocolate ...
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Hi Rosa, So sorry didn't mean to put you off so I edited the post - didn't mean to get carried away and sully your diary :):) :P - yes you get out there ...you are so lovely and kind and always very thoughtful what I did mean to say is I think you are wonderful so make sure someone deserves you :)

p.s have we found out the perfume MT is wearing yet ??? lol
    p.p.s leaves Mansize Yorkie Buttons for you ...open ...who knows maybe the right one can be tempted by chocolate ...

Oh Sam I meant sniffle in a good way, it's lovely that you were both so positive, I didn't mean you'd put me off! It was a lovely post and very brave - sorry, I should have explained more. And I'm so glad you found your plus one :)

((big hugs))

Rosa xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills