What are the best and worst basics/value/smartprice own brand products out there?

Comments

• trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    maman wrote: »
    Asda Smart price products:

mint sauce @ 25p a jar. I have n't used it with lamb but mixed with yogurt and a bit of sweetener/sugar it makes a lovely dip
    lasagne sheets @ 23p a pack are as good as any others
    orange juice (from concentrates) @ 56p a litre is about the best price around and I prefer it to many others 'cos it's not too sweet

thanks maman, added your import to the first page, cheers
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • trinidadone
    jamespir wrote: »
    no probs every little helps ;)

:) Now I wonder where I have heard that from
  • karenccs67
    karenccs67 Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Loving this thread x

I buy Asdas Smart Price biscuits, in particular we like their chocolate caramel wafers, great for packed lunches 40p for a pack of 5.

I also buy Smart Price Vinegar 13p, hot dogs 45p, coffee 47p, tinned spaghetti 14p, 20 chocolate digestives (individually wrapped) £1.08, black pepper 18p, I also buy their baked beans and tinned tomatoes but theyre already on your lists. My son actually prefers smart price macaroni cheese and pot noodles to Asda & Brand ones. Hubby is the only one who drinks coffee and really likes the SP one. SP self raising & plain flour are brill too, I bake cakes regularly and you really cant tell the difference, both 52p for 1.5kg bags.
    ***Dont save what is left after spending, spend what is left after saving***
  • trinidadone
    karenccs67 wrote: »
    Loving this thread x

I buy Asdas Smart Price biscuits, in particular we like their chocolate caramel wafers, great for packed lunches 40p for a pack of 5.

I also buy Smart Price Vinegar 13p, hot dogs 45p, coffee 47p, tinned spaghetti 14p, 20 chocolate digestives (individually wrapped) £1.08, black pepper 18p, I also buy their baked beans and tinned tomatoes but theyre already on your lists. My son actually prefers smart price macaroni cheese and pot noodles to Asda & Brand ones. Hubby is the only one who drinks coffee and really likes the SP one. SP self raising & plain flour are brill too, I bake cakes regularly and you really cant tell the difference, both 52p for 1.5kg bags.

Good morning Karenccs, thanks for the positive comments, i have added your shopping list to the first thread, including the baked beans and tinned tomamtos :) thanks again
  • pickle54
    pickle54 Posts: 26 Forumite
    To add to the list....all ok- Asda frozen Yorkshire puds, chilled garlic baguettes, passata, poridge oats, choc chip cookies, lightly salted nachos, soap, crumpets
  • trinidadone
    thanks pickles54, i have added your recommendations to the first post :) have a nice day
  • hey 2gorgeousgirls. i am cooking on gas today :) would really really love if you can add any prices to the list, that would be great :)

I will add tescoo mayo as well, thanks again :)

At hospital with hubby today so will check prices tonight and post them.
  • trinidadone
    At hospital with hubby today so will check prices tonight and post them.

cheers hun XX
  • Mrs_Arcanum
    Mrs_Arcanum Posts: 23,976 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Sainsbury's Basics Pasta Sauce (large jar 18p) - Brilliant for a pasta bake.
    Sainsbury's Basics Fair Trade Ground Coffee (227g £1.69) - Good flavour for the price.
    Truth always poses doubts & questions. Only lies are 100% believable, because they don't need to justify reality. - Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The Labyrinth of the Spirits
  • trinidadone
    Sainsbury's Basics Pasta Sauce (large jar 18p) - Brilliant for a pasta bake.
    Sainsbury's Basics Fair Trade Ground Coffee (227g £1.69) - Good flavour for the price.

thanks Mrs Arcanum, I have added your recommendations to the first message, ty
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport