Rising to the top of the ocean - and staying afloat!

Comments

• :jWelcome to my new diary elantan,. you're my first visitor!:)

Now I've got all the boring stuff out the way & where I can find it ;) ..... fancy a cuppa & a biccie to celebrate!:)
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • zepsgal wrote: »
    Oh hello shiny new diary :wave:

I love the idea of having money stored to bulk buy pet food etc, something I would love to be able to do.

Have subscribed, will be here pushing and shoving you along, dragging myself on your coat tails into a DF life! :)

Hi zepsgal lovely to see you too :D and looking forward to having you along for the journey ..... Cuppa?

It's brilliant being able to bulk buy their stuff and honestly, you can make huge savings.... their dry food is £8.50 / kg if I buy it in 2kg bags locally but I've just managed to get a 10kg one for £3.49 / kg online by waiting until it was on offer :) (and as it lasts ages so I've always plenty saved up again by the time I need to buy another one:T).

I started by putting a couple £s away each week and gradually managed to change it over to a set amount a month once it was up and running. HTH
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,634 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Always nice to start a shiny new diary, maybe I should do the same. Did someone say the kettle was on?:coffee:
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Sep 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2250/7000

Mortgage balance: £52660

• Shortie
    Shortie Posts: 2,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Subscribed!
    April 2021 Grocery Challenge 34.29 / 250
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Rising~All looking good.
    Happy shiney new diary,
    Good to see some new faces & some old ones :wave:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Hi Rising, I've been lurking on your old diary for about 3 weeks so hope you don't mind me coming over to see your here on your new shiny one. May just join you for that cuppa & stick around for the ride if you don't mind ;0) x
  • Always nice to start a shiny new diary, maybe I should do the same. Did someone say the kettle was on?:coffee:

I've always felt - and this may well be me as I am a bit ..... odd sometimes :o - that once a diary gets really long (probably over 1000 posts) it puts me off reading it - talking new ones here, it's obviously different when you've been there since or near the start.

I sometimes look at the last few pages of long ones and feel like I'm intruding as it's obvious that the posters know each other / and each others circumstances really well ..... so I shuffle off again without posting:o.

So ... decided it was time!
    Shortie wrote: »
    Subscribed!

:T Great to have you along Shortie!
  • beanielou wrote: »
    Rising~All looking good.
    Happy shiney new diary,
    Good to see some new faces & some old ones :wave:

Yup :) - hoping for lots of new faces to join me!
    onmywayup wrote: »
    Hi Rising, I've been lurking on your old diary for about 3 weeks so hope you don't mind me coming over to see your here on your new shiny one. May just join you for that cuppa & stick around for the ride if you don't mind ;0) x

Great to have you onmywayup .... always room for more supporters!:)
  • Shortie
    Shortie Posts: 2,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If there's still a cuppa on offer, I'd love one :D I can provide the biccies, though they will be Mr T value I'm afraid. I can put them on a plate though so it's not so obvious? ;)
    April 2021 Grocery Challenge 34.29 / 250
  • Shortie wrote: »
    If there's still a cuppa on offer, I'd love one :D I can provide the biccies, though they will be Mr T value I'm afraid. I can put them on a plate though so it's not so obvious? ;)

Kettle on & perfect for the biccies!

I've got some Mr A Smart*price ones too .... help yourself!:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure