L & G Multi-Index

Options
I'm looking at the L & G Multi-Index Funds and wondering what the different unit classes mean and what fund a private investor would select? For example on AJ Bell can see that for multi-index 5 there are two options - 5 C Acc and 5 I Acc.

Can anyone explain the difference between these?

Thanks

Comments

• Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,165 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    The C and I are examples of different Classes. These reflect different fund charging rates. For example if you buy direct from the fund manager there may be higher charges than if you buy from a platform to pay for the extra customer support etc. Some platforms may offer particular classes if they have been able to negotiate a bulk purchase deal with the fund manager. You should choose the one with the lowest charges shown on your platform's list of funds. Others may be shown on the platform's list for historical reasons - some investors may not have moved onto the cheapest class.

There is no standard on the naming of classses. One fund's I and C may correspond to another fund's A and B.
  • DropD
    DropD Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Linton for quick reply and explanation, much appreciated.
  • Audaxer
    Audaxer Posts: 3,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DropD wrote: »
    I'm looking at the L & G Multi-Index Funds and wondering what the different unit classes mean and what fund a private investor would select? For example on AJ Bell can see that for multi-index 5 there are two options - 5 C Acc and 5 I Acc.
    Thanks
    AJ Bell only have these funds in I class as far as I can see - which I think is the same Class that most of the major platforms have for L&G Multi Index funds. They have I Class ACC Units and I Class Distribution (normally known as INC) Units. Both have an OCF of 0.31%.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure