IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC Parking Fine for not displaying my permit

Hi Guys

I have received a fine from UKPC for not displaying my parking permit. I was parked in the parking bay which belongs to the property I live in - i live in a block of flats, which has a private car park with numbered bays, residents are expected to park in their bay only, assuming that the landlord / property owner has purchased a space - if a space has not been purchased then residents are expected to park elsewhere.

If I should include any other details please feel free to let me know what information I'm missing out here, any help at all will be massively appreciated.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Hi Guys

I have received a fine from UKPC for not displaying my parking permit. I was parked in the parking bay which belongs to the property I live in - i live in a block of flats, which has a private car park with numbered bays, residents are expected to park in their bay only, assuming that the landlord / property owner has purchased a space - if a space has not been purchased then residents are expected to park elsewhere.

If I should include any other details please feel free to let me know what information I'm missing out here, any help at all will be massively appreciated.

Many Thanks

Ask a board guide to move this to the correct part of the forum where your other posts are and read the Newbies sticky there!
  • Inner_Zone wrote: »
    Ask a board guide to move this to the correct part of the forum where your other posts are and read the Newbies sticky there!

Ok will do many thanks!
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,043
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    I've moved this to the sub board.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,155
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    It is not a fine.

What does your lease/AST say about parking? This will have primacy of contract over anything the scammers say.

Start with the NEWBIES and also use the search posts facility for own space.

Also look here to see what judges say about this scam.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/residential-parking.html
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,029
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    lease/ast is critical.
    why are you displaying a permit to park in what looks like being your space?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure