Do any online banks show pending payments?

We're currently with the co-op, and they never show what payments you have pending, which is really annoying, because if you don't get receipts at wherever you've shopped, it's so easy to forget exactly what you've spent. I could have sworn there was an advert a couple years ago about an online banking service that got updated really often. Am I mistaken?

Comments

• krisskross
    krisskross Posts: 7,677 Forumite
    I have Barclays online banking and it is really accurate. The payment may not be showing in the itemised balance but will have been deducted if I use the 'at a glance' figure. This is only with my debit card or cash withdrawals.
  • BruceyBonus
    BruceyBonus Posts: 1,142
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    With HSBC, debit card transactions are knocked off the available balance immediately after they are processed.
  • co-op/smile are the only bank i know off that don't show authorisations on your debit card. shame really
    :santa2:
  • co-op/smile are the only bank i know off that don't show authorisations on your debit card. shame really

I called natwest out of curiousity and they said they won't show pending payments either :confused:
  • SalsaDanca
    SalsaDanca Posts: 434
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Lloyds TSB doesn't show debit card transactions until a couple of working days after they happened, but cashpoint withdrawals appear on internet banking immediately.

Like most other banks, authorised debit card transactions are deducted from the available balance immediately, so you can work how much you have spent.
  • elaina79
    elaina79 Posts: 953 Forumite
    When I use my solo card with RBS, the payments can sometimes be reserved for a few days. Most of the time they are taken after these few days but occassionally the amount can go back on your balance, making it appear you have more than you do.
    To stop me from overspending I have created a spreadsheet to note down what I have spent, that way I don't spend the money twice by mistake.
    I used to suffer from lack of motivation.... now I just can't be arsed.

Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 1141 - Proud to be dealing with my debts :cool:
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If you use a card the till automatically spits out a transaction slip. This is your record of how much you spent, when and where. What's the problem with that ?
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • agsnu
    agsnu Posts: 1,457 Forumite
    If overspending is a problem, then perhaps consider using cash?
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    SalsaDanca wrote: »
    Lloyds TSB doesn't show debit card transactions until a couple of working days after they happened, but cashpoint withdrawals appear on internet banking immediately.

Like most other banks, authorised debit card transactions are deducted from the available balance immediately, so you can work how much you have spent.
    By clicking on the account name in Account overview you get the available balance.
  • withnell
    withnell Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    Errata wrote: »
    If you use a card the till automatically spits out a transaction slip. This is your record of how much you spent, when and where. What's the problem with that ?

Not for all transactions - for instance online purchases.

While it's easy to say "write a list", if you buy some things at work, some at home etc, it's easy to lose track - that's why I always use a credit card!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure