Anyone have an Egg Credit Card?

Hi All,

I had a credit card with Egg which I paid off in full in 2006 but I am pretty sure I paid for PPI and I would like to try and claim it back. As I don't have any of the details, I used the template letter from here requesting them but as Egg has now been taken over by Barclaycard I had to write to them instead. I received the following response from Barclaycard today:

"As your account was not transferred to Barclaycard from Egg we regret we are unable to provide you with any information relating to this account"

Has anyone else experienced these problems? What can I do as as far as I am aware there is no where I can contact at Egg to get my details? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Comments

• Little_Mo_70
    Little_Mo_70 Posts: 417 Forumite
    jayray79 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I had a credit card with Egg which I paid off in full in 2006 but I am pretty sure I paid for PPI and I would like to try and claim it back. As I don't have any of the details, I used the template letter from here requesting them but as Egg has now been taken over by Barclaycard I had to write to them instead. I received the following response from Barclaycard today:

"As your account was not transferred to Barclaycard from Egg we regret we are unable to provide you with any information relating to this account"

Has anyone else experienced these problems? What can I do as as far as I am aware there is no where I can contact at Egg to get my details? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

This is where I wrote last year and also had a reply from:
    Egg
    Riverside Road
    Pride Park
    Derby
    DE99 3GG

Got the knock back as my claim was over 6 years.
  • mcfisco
    mcfisco Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have long known that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure