Orange Early Upgrade

Comments

• robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    actually just found this:-

Early Upgrade terms and conditions
    If you are a SIM Only customer on an 12 or 18 month contract or a pay monthly customer on any other type of plan, and are more than 6 months into your contract with more than 3 months to go before the end of your minimum term, we will let you upgrade onto a new pay monthly price plan with new phone if you pay your Early Upgrade Fee. You can’t upgrade to a 30 day SIM Only plan. Your new price plan will have a new minimum term and you might have to pay to get the phone you want.
    You won’t be eligible for Early Upgrade if you pay by direct debit or cheque and have outstanding debt on your account. Early Upgrade is not available for mobile broadband or business customers.
    The Early Upgrade Fee will be calculated as a lump sum equal to the total monthly line rental due for the remaining period of your minimum term (on a pro rata basis if you are part way through a monthly billing cycle). We’ll then apply a discount to that amount to get to your final Early Upgrade Fee. You’ll need to pay your Early Upgrade Fee straightaway unless we advise you otherwise.
    If your monthly line rental already has a promotional discount we might use that lower amount to calculate your Early Upgrade Fee and your promotional discount may continue to apply to your new price plan. However, this is not always the case, so please ask instore for details.
    You can either keep your own Orange phone or trade it in for cash using our Recycle and Reward scheme. You can read the full Recycle & Reward terms and conditions here: http://www.orangerecycle.co.uk/information/terms-conditions
    You can decide to cancel your Early Upgrade by telling us within 14 days. You will need to return your new phone. We’ll then put you back on your original price plan and at the same point in your minimum term, and either pay you the Early Upgrade Fee or credit it to your account. Because we can’t get your old phone back, the 14 day cancellation policy does not apply if you have chosen to recycle your old phone with Recycle and Reward.
    What goes around-comes around
  • I broke my phone and was getting charged £140 from apple for a replacement iPhone 4. Orange let me upgrade to the 4s 7 months early by paying £150. It was just after the news of their price increases broke but they allowed me to sign up to a cheaper contract too. It was only £2 cheaper but it was something. Plus I was able to keep my broken phone which sold for £210 on eBay.
    Earn £10 a day JAN: £92.23 / £310 :j ...............NSD Jan 2/10

14 months to debt free with snowballing (start date Jan 2012) £0/12600........JAN weight loss target 5/60 pounds

I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl
  • Tony5101
    Tony5101 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    gabbyevs wrote: »
    actually just found this:-

Early Upgrade terms and conditions
    If you are a SIM Only customer on an 12 or 18 month contract or a pay monthly customer on any other type of plan, and are more than 6 months into your contract with more than 3 months to go before the end of your minimum term, we will let you upgrade onto a new pay monthly price plan with new phone if you pay your Early Upgrade Fee. You can’t upgrade to a 30 day SIM Only plan. Your new price plan will have a new minimum term and you might have to pay to get the phone you want.
    You won’t be eligible for Early Upgrade if you pay by direct debit or cheque and have outstanding debt on your account. Early Upgrade is not available for mobile broadband or business customers.
    The Early Upgrade Fee will be calculated as a lump sum equal to the total monthly line rental due for the remaining period of your minimum term (on a pro rata basis if you are part way through a monthly billing cycle). We’ll then apply a discount to that amount to get to your final Early Upgrade Fee. You’ll need to pay your Early Upgrade Fee straightaway unless we advise you otherwise.
    If your monthly line rental already has a promotional discount we might use that lower amount to calculate your Early Upgrade Fee and your promotional discount may continue to apply to your new price plan. However, this is not always the case, so please ask instore for details.
    You can either keep your own Orange phone or trade it in for cash using our Recycle and Reward scheme. You can read the full Recycle & Reward terms and conditions here: http://www.orangerecycle.co.uk/information/terms-conditions
    You can decide to cancel your Early Upgrade by telling us within 14 days. You will need to return your new phone. We’ll then put you back on your original price plan and at the same point in your minimum term, and either pay you the Early Upgrade Fee or credit it to your account. Because we can’t get your old phone back, the 14 day cancellation policy does not apply if you have chosen to recycle your old phone with Recycle and Reward.
    Ok, so all that tells you is that you can upgrade early outside of the normal upgrade window, by paying up your remaining months minimum commitment. If you take this route, then there would be no additional term, as you've already wasted probably quite a bit of money paying for service that you won't receive.
    Your choice I guess.
  • robbies_gal
    im not saying i would do it just that it answers the question if its added on or not
  • Tony5101
    Tony5101 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Ahh...I see. I thought you were looking to actually do it.
  • richardvc
    richardvc Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Without being boring why would you want to upgrade with Orange ?

The company are shysters - upping the costs of millions of their contract customers in the middle of those contracts.

Who would really want to stay with a company that cannot be trusted ?
    Thanks to MSE I cleared £37k of debt in five years and I was lucky enough to meet Martin to thank him personally.
  • robbies_gal
    didnt vodafone do it aswell though

its up tothe individual who they want to pay money to
  • jasonwatkins
    jasonwatkins Posts: 2,420 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Tony5101 wrote: »
    Ok, so all that tells you is that you can upgrade early outside of the normal upgrade window, by paying up your remaining months minimum commitment

With a discount on top as well -not sure if it's a fixed discount or applied based on length of time with orange ?
  • wandos
    wandos Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    With a discount on top as well -not sure if it's a fixed discount or applied based on length of time with orange ?

The guy in the local Orange shop told me it was calculated as

(Monthly line rental x months remaining) - VAT

Then a 33% discount applied as a "loyalty bonus"
  • I upgraded my phone last week too, £50 for a new samsung galaxy SII was pretty good, and the new contract is cheaper, and they said that the remaining two months would be added on to my new contract, thing is, i processed the order and paid for the phone, but i have yet to receive the phone but more than that, i've not received any form of correspondence from orange at all, not even an email to confirm the upgrade, and there is nothing listed on my orange account either, this worries me because it appears as though they have simply taken the money and done nothing on their part of the deal...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure