June 2011 Brides

Comments

• RainbowDrops
    RainbowDrops Posts: 4,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    So, any reports from the early June brides?

It still hasn't dawned on me that it's only days now until the Wedding, still gotta do Order of ceremony, place names, finnish making up the favours & write a speech, erk!
  • Emma1988
    Emma1988 Posts: 387 Forumite
    I feel abit out of it at the moment, the stress has gone... and i just feel as though its someone elses wedding on saturday... after years of build up... its actually here!!!! :j
  • kezz_kezz
    kezz_kezz Posts: 76 Forumite
    I think we've got everything sorted now, just starting to buy food for the buffet.
    :beer: Getting married 18/06/11 :beer:
  • LaurensMummy
    LaurensMummy Posts: 311 Forumite
    Kez Kez - are you doing your own buffet? my caterer has fallen ill and is in hospital so I've had 10 days notice to do all our food :( the wedding preparation was going so well, so knew something would go wrong!!
  • kezz_kezz
    kezz_kezz Posts: 76 Forumite
    Yeah, we're doing our own, or rather OH's parents are doing most of it for us. We couldn't afford caterer prices. Our problem was the photographer backing out about a month before our date, managed to drop on another that had a cancellation on our date! phew!
    :beer: Getting married 18/06/11 :beer:
  • blondali
    blondali Posts: 556 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    So, any reports from the early June brides?

It still hasn't dawned on me that it's only days now until the Wedding, still gotta do Order of ceremony, place names, finnish making up the favours & write a speech, erk!

I am currently on honeymoon with my new husband (argh so strange lol) and cannot stop thinking about our wedding day! It's indescribable exactly how amazing and surreal it all felt, it was without a question of a doubt, the best day of our lives! The flowers were beautiful, the cake was perfect, all our guests were happy and looked gorgeous, it was so hot and sunny, the entertainment was great and the food was delicious. I have put my pics up on a thread elsewhere, but in case you haven't seen them yet, here is a link:

http://www.davidfenwick.co.uk/wedding-photography/ritz-hotel/

I do hope all you June brides have an amazing time!
  • Good luck to all the June brides only 6 days to go for me! and 2 more days at work eeekkkk!
    we managed to get a caterer to do the buffet at short notice for £3 a head which is excellent value and saves me making sarnies in my wedding dress - now just waiting for the next major thing to go wrong!!
  • RainbowDrops
    RainbowDrops Posts: 4,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Glad you've sorted the buffet LM :)

We spent the weekend folding order of ceremonies, menus & place names, and bagging up the favours.
    Picking up my dress tonight - weee!

Just hoping that the weather rains itself out this week!
  • Rainbow drops - looking at the weather for me in berks on Sat its showers!!! hope its sunny when we have the ceremony but not bothered about the rest of the day!!! hope its sunny where you are! :)
  • Mrsanders
    Mrsanders Posts: 239 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Not long to go now and I'm feeling a bit fed up and can't get motivated! So many things to do and don't know where to start, things going wrong, some idiot thought it would be a good idea to smash the glass door on the side of the church that we were meant to exit from and that now has a nice big board accross it! My venue failed to tell me that it has a sound limiter which the DJ is not too impressed about as he usually refuses to do venues with them so may have to keep the noise down, and every weather report I've looked at says rain for Saturday! So white umbrellas ordered now just in case, just hope they get here in time.

Sorry for the miserable post, hope all your plans are coming along nicely!
    [STRIKE]Getting married to[/STRIKE] Married my soul mate on
    :T 18th June 2011!!! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family