50 p off per litre of petrol at Tesco

Comments

3010 Posts: 5,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 17 November 2012 at 8:03PM
    Andrex

Two packs required.
    £5 - Tesco
    £4 - Asda

Thornton's

£10 - Tesco
    Can't find a comparison elsewhere

Robinson's

Two bottles required.
    Orange Fruit Squash 1.75L
    Orange No Added Sugar 1.75L
    Apple and Black Current No Added Sugar 1.75L
    ONLY THREE ON ASDA. Don't buy the others as these will not work with the Tesco Price Promise.

£3.75 - Tesco
    £2 - Asda

Dairy

Look out to see what is on offer elsewhere and buy from T to get a Price Promise. £8 spend required.

Nescafe

£8.98 - Tesco
    £6.98 - Sainsbury's

So to get a Tesco Price Promise you need at least 8 DIFFERENT items in your basket. You can buy stuff like loose fruit and vegetables even items like one red and one white onion to boost your shop with cheap fillers. Website to compare your shop.

https://www.tescopricepromise.com/

Please do note though that these prices are correct as of today and are showing on mysupermarket. Although the Asda price could change tomorrow. So please make sure you check the prices before you shop. You do have to be patient as well as the results can take upto 24 hours to be returned to you by email.

The Tesco price promise compares Morrisons, Asda and Sainsburys prices only. It might be worth noting to that Morrisons prices might not be upto date on the price checker as Morrisons does not have a website so these will be collected in store. There is now a £10 cap on the Tesco Price Promise. So, don't plan a shop that will take you over this threshold. If need be breakup your shop. Remembering 8 items a shop.

Hope this helps everyone to understand how the Tesco Price Promise works as it does take a bit of getting used to. :)

Edit:

Just something else worth noting. Don't mix the shops if planning to Price Promise with the items. So, if buying coffee do a shop that is against Sainsbury's. If buying Andrex and Squash do a shop against Asda. :)

Don't buy reduced to clear as this compares on the price promise!!!
  • Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    £10 off £50 shop for new customers plus cashback

Only for new customers with new email address !
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • keith99_2
    keith99_2 Posts: 1,234 Forumite
    The items featured seem massively overpriced.
    I would urge caution unless you normally buy the items. Trading up could wipe out any savings you would make on the petrol.
    Andrex quilted x9 is £3 at Asda, £5 at Tesco.
    Robinsons double concentrate £2 at Asda, £3.75 at Tesco.
  • Whoo!! Great use for my Andrex coupons!!
  • I can see right through this so called headline grabbing fuel deal, perfect timing for Tesco but not really rewarding loyalty.

I've seen these fuel gift cards money back all year round.
    Martin is King, But I have a few tricks up my sleeves too, i'll happily share the best Voucher codes and Breathtaking deals and Comps.
    Follow me on Twitter : @wildboi83
    Or visit my about me: harrisd
  • Also of interest is the fact that the thorntons at £10 are actually when you click on the info link for them coming up at £16, so not really a deal if you have to pay £16 to get voucher.

Appreciate it if anyone can clarify exact price, much better deal obvs if £10!

Thanks
  • kolibri
    kolibri Posts: 471 Forumite
    Many thanks!
    3010 Posts: 5,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Also of interest is the fact that the thorntons at £10 are actually when you click on the info link for them coming up at £16, so not really a deal if you have to pay £16 to get voucher.

Thanks

Go with the price that it say they will be on the offer page. Last time there was washing powder on the offer the price did not come online until the day it started. So, they will be £10.
  • Also of interest is the fact that the thorntons at £10 are actually when you click on the info link for them coming up at £16, so not really a deal if you have to pay £16 to get voucher.

Thanks

Outside of this offer those same chocolates are usually 50% off at £5.99.
  • 3010 wrote: »
    Andrex

Two packs required.
    £5 - Tesco
    £3 - Asda

Thornton's

£10 - Tesco
    Can't find a comparison elsewhere

Robinson's

Two bottles required.
    Orange Fruit Squash 1.75L
    Orange No Added Sugar 1.75L
    Apple and Black Current No Added Sugar 1.75L
    ONLY THREE ON ASDA. Don't buy the others as these will not work with the Tesco Price Promise.

£3.75 - Tesco
    £2 - Asda

Dairy

Look out to see what is on offer elsewhere and buy from T to get a Price Promise. £8 spend required.

Nescafe

£8.98 - Tesco
    £6.98 - Sainsbury's

So to get a Tesco Price Promise you need at least 8 DIFFERENT items in your basket. You can buy stuff like loose fruit and vegetables even items like one red and one white onion to boost your shop with cheap fillers. Website to compare your shop.

https://www.tescopricepromise.com/

Please do note though that these prices are correct as of today and are showing on mysupermarket. Although the Asda price could change tomorrow. So please make sure you check the prices before you shop. You do have to be patient as well as the results can take upto 24 hours to be returned to you by email.

The Tesco price promise compares Morrisons, Asda and Sainsburys prices only. It might be worth noting to that Morrisons prices might not be upto date on the price checker as Morrisons does not have a website so these will be collected in store. There is now a £10 cap on the Tesco Price Promise. So, don't plan a shop that will take you over this threshold. If need be breakup your shop. Remembering 8 items a shop.

Hope this helps everyone to understand how the Tesco Price Promise works as it does take a bit of getting used to. :)

But can you definitely use this with the specific fuel coupon deal ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure