My First Post - Hello , Debt, DMP & PPI claim be taken seriously

Comments

• Received a cheque off Barclaycard for £557.36 regarding a Morgan Stanley card. So now just the Goldfish card and then bank charges for Lloyds TSB current account..

Current PPI Status as of 9th March 2015

£9,262 Cheque Received (Lloyds Tsb)
    £8,190 Cheque Received (Barclays)
    £5,708 Bank Transfer Received (HSBC)
    £1,536 Cheque Received (Bank Of Scotland)
    £1,122 Cheque Received (Barclaycard)
    £0,625 Cheque Received (MBNA)
    £0,557 Cheque Received (Barclaycard - MS)
    £0,206 Bank Transfer Received (NRAM)
    £0,028 Cheque Received (Capital One)

£1,906 Balance Reduced (NRAM)
    £0,563 Balance Reduced (Monument)

Been advised no PPI- (LLoyds TSB Credit Card)
    Refused Refund - (Barclaycard - Goldfish) - Kind of curious why they refused when i sent the identical application form for that and the Barclaycard - MS at the same time and both reviewed by same person yet different decisions. Will pass it on to FOS.
    Nothing ventured and nothing gained

£27,250 - Total Received So Far
    £02,354 - Total Offset against Balances
    £29,604 - Grand Total

This has been a massive journey.
    My original debt was £108k
    10 years into a DMP with Stepchange it is just over 50k now

I sent away F&F letters today to all my creditors offering 30% of the balance. Expect them to say no but will keep upping it.
    PPI Refund pot means I could go as high as 55%.

No matter what though I am now going to be debt free guaranteed by July 2019 at the latest.

Ps All the firms that I still owe did sent a cheque or transfer.
    The 2 that didn't that reduced balance were

Monument (It just about paid the card off)
    NRAM (This was the weird one as they had sold it to Marlin yet reduced the balance and when I checked with Marlin they had reduced it by the exact amount)

Lloyds package account charges claim was unsuccessful.
    The Goldfish card (via Barclaycard) is currently being assessed by the FOS

The PPI refunds i received have allowed me to make F&F offers.

Long way to go but had a couple of acceptances at 40 & 50% with a slight adjustment for another. Have used 5.3k to clear nearly 11k of debt.

Current debt is 37k (with 19.6k left to make further F&F)
    Worst case scenario is debt free in 38 months.
    A lot better than when I started making F&F and massively better than when i first started enquiring about PPI in January 2014 !!!
    31st December 2004 - Debt was £128,596.72
    1st October 2016 - Debt Free
    12 years of Stepchange + PPI +F&F
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4862915
  • Got the letters off Barclays today.
    They have reviewed the Morgan Stanley and Goldfish card PPI claims.

I done the application at the same time online.
    They were both postal applications. I did tick both boxes back in the day. Gave same reasons. I actually copied and pasted the application

They were reviewed the same day by the same person and i got both responses the same day.

One was upheld (MF) saying they felt it was missold
    The other was refused saying no miss-sale.
    Seems a bit strange when same person reviewing identical claims but one that was upheld was worth a lot more than the one which wasnt :)

Hi NCP, can I first just say many congratulations on your sterling efforts in recouping your missold PPI contributions - I too am on a similar path to yourself, and have so far managed to get around £6k back.

My question is this: when you said 'I done the application at the same time online.
    They were both postal applications. I did tick both boxes back in the day. Gave same reasons. I actually copied and pasted the application', did you mean that you applied for these cards by hand, i.e. filled in a form? If so, what were these 'same reasons'? I'm in the same boat with one of my PPI claims, and was wondering what reasons you gave.

cheers!
  • walloper wrote: »
    Hi NCP, can I first just say many congratulations on your sterling efforts in recouping your missold PPI contributions - I too am on a similar path to yourself, and have so far managed to get around £6k back.

My question is this: when you said 'I done the application at the same time online.
    They were both postal applications. I did tick both boxes back in the day. Gave same reasons. I actually copied and pasted the application', did you mean that you applied for these cards by hand, i.e. filled in a form? If so, what were these 'same reasons'? I'm in the same boat with one of my PPI claims, and was wondering what reasons you gave.

cheers!

Cards were applied for separately over the years.
    I meant that I had done the online applications to attempt to reclaim PPI charges at the same time online.
    Because there were multiple claims with some creditors i actually had to fill in the online form for all of them, just changing card numbers and application dates on each.

It surprised me that despite putting carbon copy PPI claims to same company. Some claims were successful and others were not. Unless its just down to the handler of each case but as online application I would have thought same person would have reviewed each one.
  • Had a letter from FOS regarding my complaint against Goldfish (opened 6 months ago) . Nothing earth shatteringjust that it might take upto 2 years.

I am still on my DMP so no hurry.
    my big news though is that I have used the money i got to make full and final settlements worth over 41k to get rid of all but 1 of my creditors. Also this means I have paid back or negotiated away 100k of my original debt. Finally I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Seems a lifetime ago that I rang Stepchange (10 years in December)
    Before i started my PPI journey I thought I had 9 years left
    Thats to F&F settlements it is now 15 months.

:beer: :j :T
  • Letters received from all creditors that accepted my full and final settlement offers confirming payment received, accepted and account closed.

Credit reference file been updated for all but 2 and they should be done soon.

I have 1 creditor left and that will be just over 5.5k in a couple of weeks. Debt free within 12 months.

This thread, board and website changed my life and got me back to normal living :j
  • Letters received from all creditors that accepted my full and final settlement offers confirming payment received, accepted and account closed.

Credit reference file been updated for all but 2 and they should be done soon.

I have 1 creditor left and that will be just over 5.5k in a couple of weeks. Debt free within 12 months.

This thread, board and website changed my life and got me back to normal living :j
    Wow! Amazing stuff Paul and massive congratulations to you.

We had to go onto a DMP 2 years ago after Nat West, who told us that we could get a remortgage that would have paid off our debts once my wife went full time then rejected us.

Got a PPI claim upheld against RBoS for a Nat West Loan I had and another one being reviewed at the moment. Also got a Direct Line Mastercard PPI claim to make.

Hoping they give me a cheque and not use it to pay part of the DMP off.

Well done again, mate. :j :T
  • NewcastlePaul
    NewcastlePaul Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 25 May 2016 at 12:47PM
    Thank you and Happy New Year.
    Doesn't seem like 2 years ago that I created this thread.
    Reminded of it as I got a notification that I'd been awarded a 2 year badge.

Update...

10 months since I started the FOS ball rolling for the Goldfish card.
    Did get the update from the FOS in August saying it may take a while.

Didn't expect it to be sorted in the 7 months that they took with Hbos. I can wait. If i do get a refund in 15 months time It will just be a cherry on top.

After the PPI claims, then the F&F and of course my DMP
    my total debt is down from £128,596.72 to £4,750

After 10 years on a DMP
    I have 10 months left !!!!!!
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Brilliant, thanks for the update.
  • Afternoon all.
    Had a phone call from the FOS regarding Goldfish / Barclaycard.
    Started the ball rolling on my final claim 13 months ago and the good news is they have upheld my complaint.

They are now going to write to Barclaycard and advise them of their decision. Still no certainties but its looking better than it did last year.

I have 5 more Stepchange DMP payments and then after 11 years I will finally be debt free. I still thank god that I found this site as well as contacting Stepchange (or CCCS as it was back then)

Its been a blooming tough road but the final stretch has been made a lot easier by PPI settlements and F&F settlements.

It will be nice to be £475 a month better off. That's been my average payment for the last 132 months !!!!
  • Got a letter today from the FOS saying that Goldfish (Barclaycard) would be contacting me within the next 8 weeks.

My PPI journey is almost at an end and as I managed to use the refunds as F&F I only have 4 more monthly payments on my DMP.

From 128k in debt 12 years ago to being clear on the 1st October.
    Its been a slog but the end is in sight !!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business