PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thread for Monday 2nd May

Options

Comments

• ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good luck for tomorrow Speky.

My husband is still asleep as he needs to preserve his energy for another day of saving the planet by reading the Times and then checking the Internet.

Son has been down to offer me a biscuit (???)

nmlc, families are hard work sometimes, mine certainly can be.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck for tomorrow Speky
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,677 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 May 2016 at 8:56AM
    Options
    Oh dear nmlc, what a situation. What is it with some families that they are not happy unless there is conflict going on. We are lucky with both our families. Although we can go weeks without seeing any of them, if there is a problem they are there to support us. As we do with them. DD's ex, on the other hand, was a different story! There was always an argument going on between his entire family, with sides to be taken, etc and I was so glad when she was out of it all. ((HUGS)) to anyone affected by nastiness from family members xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just popping back in to say good luck to Specky for tomorrow and hugs for nmlc x
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good luck with the presentation tomorrow speky.

Just had a phone call to say the builders will be here tomorrow rather than today so I can have a quiet day.

Yesterday was the a year since we lost DH and the family and I went to see the tour de Yorkshire at Stokesley which is an area he knew. We say the cyclists and cheered then decided to go to Helmesly for lunch. We did not know that was the next leg of the race and were following dd and her husband's car when we realised we were driving down a road with crowds either side expecting official race people :o I could mentally hear D laughing his socks off at us.

We all had a lovely day and a nice lunch then a trip to Rievieax abbey. Got home to a glass of wine and a takeaway.

Just about to make an omelette for breakfast and have a gammon steak for later as well as going to rummage in the freezer for later. Middle dd was given some frozen home made meals to take home so she was a happy bunny.

Sending positive vibes to nmic and dumpling.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need me, especially Elona. That year seems to have passed very quickly. Glad you enjoyed your day.

Pity I have no laundry to do, it's another lovely drying day. I need to do the Monday clean. I have sent for some de scaler for my Polti, I emptied it yesterday. Our water is very hard and I cannot afford to replace it . I want to do the kitchen floor and mat again. Saved the water from defrosting the freezer, so will use that in it today.

OH is threatening to cut the back grass, apparently it's not so wet this morning. We fixed up the hose to the tap yesterday. Cannot find the sprayer attachment any where, I know we had one.

No sure what to have for supper, will have a rummage in the kitchen freezer, see what I can find, what ever it is we will be having salad with it.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Damp and drizzly here but perfect for a day of not doing much :D we did not have the roast lamb yesterday so we will have that today instead.

Wont be doing much today but I have bought an extendable pole thing to clean the conservatory roof so will aim to get that done, OH will nip to Mr T for a few bits we need.

I need to finish my pickled onions too as did not get round to it yesterday :o

Specky good luck for tomorrow, hope all goes well xx

Elona thinking of you xx

Have good days all xx
  • candlelight_2013
    candlelight_2013 Posts: 2,681 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck with the presentation Specky.

Elona I can't believe it has been a year, thinking of you, and how proud your DH would be of you and how you have got on with your life. Your home sounds as though it is going to be amazing when it is finished.

Candlelightx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Things not going too well here. Problems afoot with eldest son and now middle son has made an appearance. My stomach is in knots.

Roll on tomorrow (I think).

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    Hugs to Elona and Judi
    Chin up, Titus out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories