PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 25th April 2016

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    *Snuffle, snuffle, cough, cough* Hanky wash done, as we were in danger of running out.

Alfie's postcard written, and most of his belongings packed.

Bu88er all else achieved as yet. :(
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    LW hope you feel better soon, or is it hay fever? Mine has kicked in regardless of the weather.

Talking of weather, after a dry hour I hung out the 2nd lot of washing. Rained within half an hour then sleet......I gave up and turned on the aga and heating at 3.30.

Finished one report and emailed it, now onto another.
    Mr N has taken MIL for her hopefully pre-op examination for her 2nd cataract.
    Answered the door to the usual unemployed/ex offender selling bags of cleaning equipment. I like to encourage these people, but I really don't need any more mops etc - I just need to use them! Now there's an idea; next time they come maybe I'll just offer them a tenner to run round using a mop............
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Sorry late in, I've been at work all day.
    Hugs good wishes and coping vibes for all who need them along with sticks spoons and get well wishes.
    Shredded and put out a load of recycling this morning, done adult day at work, made an archway for school veg garden - it was only £5 from wilkos and look fab.
    Just back home spoke to dd1 on phone, sorted post, having a quick read of the lists to see what I'm doing then I'll get some food started. I could eat the veggie version of a scabby horse atm I'm starving, I forgot to take sarnie to work so have lived on coffee since 7am this morning.

Thank you for the lists natty and pigpen.
    hope things are going ok dizzy sound like a stressful day.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Frizzlef
    Frizzlef Posts: 334 Forumite
    Running in with a quick update.....

Windup a
    Tidy up living room

Clean the icky filters and drawers from DW's, WM's etc
    clear all the clutter
    Extras
    32 fling boogie!
    HHI
    Grocery challenge- feb 2015- £133.07/£250
  • Good evening, I have been flat out since I got up this morning and I am now about ready to sleep. I am just going to get update my list and then get a cuppa and head to bed.

Manic Monday ~ Kitchen and dining room
    Clear and wipe work surfaces
    Sweep and Mop the floor
    HHI .. I really need to do this, as there is so much after the hols
    Do meal plan for May - In Progress
    Pair up pile of socks and put them away
    Write a blog post
    Cut the grass - It has been a bit wet today, hopefully get this done tomorrow
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Evening!

Well I'm not opening any windows - got caught in a sleety downpour on the way home tonight! It's nearly May !!!!!!...

And I mopped the floor the other day. I guess I'm making excuses to not clean the kitchen ;) haha actually it's not too bad - I'm keeping on top of the washing up (manually :eek:) and the counters are clear and wiped, plus I have shined my sink :A

Been at paid stuff, so really just collected kiddies from school club, fed them, smacked their bums and sent them to bed! Haha, only kidding.

Still attempting to finalise a leaving date. Still hoping for next month. Boss man instructed to correct my working pattern on the system and my absence dates, it's was all wrong - meh. Also instructed that my holiday allowance and final date is to be sorted this week as I need to give notice on childcare, I think I need to keep nagging him... Honestly I'm tearing my hair out. How hard is it to just agree a date? Aarrghh.

Didn't clock up many steps, although I've done 15 flights of stairs, lol. So I've done 25min of Zombies Run tonight, obviously indoors as the wee ones are in bed, so I used the mini trampoline. My ankles are now getting used to terra-firma, lol. But I've met my goal :T

15 minutes...

Clear and wipe work surfaces - yep
    Open the windows and let in the spring! - nope
    30 minutes to spare...
    Sweep and Mop the floor - already done
    Clean the icky filters and drawers from DW's, WM's etc - nope
    Wipe the cupboard fronts, all the appliances and all those manky corners!! - nope
    Got an hour...
    Wipe the table, replace cloth if needed - yep
    Empty and clean out the fridge.. including the drain hole bit at the back.. - nope
    Clean oven/hob - hob wiped
    Pick a cupboard and empty and clean it out and replace only what you wish to keep! - aww not today but I've km'd and my cupboards are lovely :D
    Extras - nope!
    • 32 fling boogie!
    • HHI .. I really need to do this!!!!!!
    • Clean the grill pan.. if you line it with tin foil it is much easier to do next time!!
    • Clean windows and sills
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    wow - thank you so much

For the gorgeous bouquet...beautiful

Thank you thank you thank you
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    bossymoo wrote: »
    So I've done 25min of Zombies Run tonight, obviously indoors as the wee ones are in bed, so I used the mini trampoline. My ankles are now getting used to terra-firma, lol. But I've met my goal :T

Ah, you've done better than me; I managed 15 mins on the trampoline.
    Plugging through a hard report but as soon as I get it done, I have an easy one to do. Had hoped to start that this eve, but looking unlikely.

Cooked far too much for dinner this eve, so have it all ready in the fridge for tomorrow.

So much for decluttering; 2 people were meant to come and collect the 78rpm records today and neither have turned up or contacted me.

House not looking bad as long as you are measuring it by clutter rather than depth of dust :rotfl:
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Evening all

Bit rushed tonight so just had a quick read through. Sending hugs, gws vibes, sticks and spoons as needed :o

Had a laugh this morning. I looked out the front about 10.00 and there were about ten local council men, filling in all the trammels and holes left by the fair-people a week ago. One of them, seemed to be in charge, was then walking about scattering grass seed about as they finished an area. Only trouble was .............it was chucking it down with snow :rotfl:

Afraid I'll be ignoring the 'open windows and let in the Spring' instructions as it was about 3 C here today and not forecast any better for the rest of the week.

Empty and clean out the fridge.. including the drain hole bit at the back..
    Pick a cupboard and empty and clean it out and replace only what you wish to keep!
    Extras

HHI .. I really need to do this!!!!!!

Mad Tuesday ~ Living room and Hallway
    Get rid of any cobwebs that have moved in...
    Remove clutter from floors, chairs and fireplace
    Open the windows and let in some fresh air
    30 minutes to spare...
    Vacuum floors and sofas
    Wipe and water neglected plants
    Dust those flat fluffy surfaces
    Got an hour...
    Vacuum under the furniture you can move
    Clean windows, pictures, mirrors etc.
    Vacuum hall
    Extras
    Wipe woodwork in the hall & wipe front door.. inside !
    15 minutes filing

I bit the bullet and cleaned out my roto-fryer. It wasn't too bad and don't know why I always put it off - it only took about 15 minutes really :doh:

Hope you all have a super Tuesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Evening all,

Thanks for list natty and for last week's piggers . I'll start tomorrow, bob all done today and I've been grumpy as hell.

A good night's sleep will sort me out x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport