Fredrickson international

Options
Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice regarding a letter before action issued by Fredrickson international 12 months ago & as yet they've not issued legal proceedings.

As I started I received the letter before action 12 months ago,2 days later that was followed by a threatening letter from Brian Carter solicitors.Following there's letters I hear nothing for 10 months & then started receiving letters from Lowell finance.My question is,have Fredirickson international broken any rules or regulations by issuing a letter before action & not issuing legal proceedings ? This disputed debt concerns a Vodafone contract that they deny receiving a cancellation letter.

I would be grateful for any advice.

Thank you.

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 23 March 2016 at 10:21PM
    Options
    Hi,

You will find these "letters before action" are very carefully worded, and are full of "we may" or "we could" sentences.

Designed to be deliberately mis-leading.

It's when you get a letter stating "we will take you to court" that you should take notice of it, then again, they don't always send them either !!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,492 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Frederickson could have never taken court action as they would not have owned the debt. It's not really acceptable but they may have covered themselves with clever wording.

Lowell now do own the debt, and their solicitors are Bryan Carter.

You will recognise the court claim if it comes, and that would give you the opportunity to defend it. May never happen.
  • Angie145
    Options
    I have just finished a phone call with a Zac at Fredricksons.
    I honestly cannot believe that after talking for 20 minutes with the operative who answered the phone, and getting no where, making no sense what so ever, I asked to speak to someone higher - I was put through to Zac. This conversation was in connection to them trying to claim a £218 discrepancy on behalf of BT. After reading them an email received from BT stating that there would be no charge after leaving their service - he still insisted we must pay this bill. I then asked him if he had in front of him a contract to prove we owed this money? He replied 'No, we have not seen at contract'. I stated that we would deal with this when we are contractually shown to owe this money!. I was getting nowhere I asked Zac what his position was? To my amazement, he said he was a FLOORWALKER ! I live at the coast and my presumption of a floorwalker is someone who look after and fill slot machines. They twice gave me different dates of when this discrepancy occurred. To our amazement one of the dates we didnt even own the property (we had sold it and moved out). They declared that after talking to BT this contract was taken out over the phone and BT would not have to show us any evidence. My statement to this was 'lets let a Judge decide on this then'. To this they informed us 'it won't go to court'.
    SO DON'T TAKE ANY FLANNEL FROM THIS LOT OF MUPPETS - MY ADVICE IS TO TRY AND RESOLVE DIRECTLY WITH THE COMPANY YOUR DISCREPANCY IS WITH. THESE PEOPLE DO NOT REMEMBER WHAT THEY HAVE SAID TO YOU FROM 1 MINUTE TO THE NEXT.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    And an excellent example of why you should never speak to a DCA on the phone, always best in writing only !!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Toon44
    Toon44 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    We have received a phone call to our place of working demanding that someone calls quoting the reference that was provided. When we have contacted them we can not get passed security because the address we provided did not agree with their system? This means we cannot be provided with any details of what is been chased?? We have not received any letters even though the customer service team reassures us that many have been sent??

Can anyone advise on how to best find out what we are been chased for??
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Probably not a way.

I'd just keep an eye on your credit files to make sure nothing nasty appears on there, but if not then most likely they are phishing for someone else and it's nothing to do with you.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • GingerBob_3
    GingerBob_3 Posts: 3,659 Forumite
    Options
    Toon44 wrote: »
    We have received a phone call to our place of working demanding that someone calls quoting the reference that was provided. When we have contacted them we can not get passed security because the address we provided did not agree with their system? This means we cannot be provided with any details of what is been chased?? We have not received any letters even though the customer service team reassures us that many have been sent??

Can anyone advise on how to best find out what we are been chased for??

One thing you shouldn't do, as others have mentioned, is phone up scum. Always deal with scum in writing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure