NST October Finding Your Inner ferret

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks EE. I thought I had already registered for Yougov but it's not letting me log in so if you let me have the referral link I'll try again. I'll try My Survey as well. I'll keep on trying. See what happens.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all,

Having a day at home today and will only venture out to walk the dogs later. I've signed back up to swagbucks and done some surveys this morning although I mostly get screened out :( Thought I should do it as it's half term in a week and I can do surveys sat on my sofa in my pjs.

I've tidied the garden, cut back the fuscia and picked up all the branches that wouldn't fit it my brown bin two weeks ago. I'll now the lawn for the last time when I'm off on half term. I've also baked some little fairy cakes to stop me going to the shops and preserve a SFD :) Just the housework to do now but I've already cleaned the kitchen and done two loads of washing :)

Hope it's sunny where everyone else is, it was so murky until about an hour ago and now it's blue skies :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    EE I'm going to sign up to yougov too if you want me to use your referral link too :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    15 October

Hi Everyone

Went for a walk to get some fresh air. Whilst we were out went to chemist to buy something to help with C's cough/cold. Came out with something for day time and something for bedtime and £12.98 poorer. Can't believe how expensive over the counter medicine is.

Was supposed to be a NSD the the chemist trip put paid to that. Not doing very well with this.

Have to confess that I had a few plain biscuits with my many cups of tea. Well, at least they weren't chocolate. Otherwise still keeping up with the fruit and veg and not drinking alcohol.

Another early night with my book I think.

Thanks to everyone with their advice re surveys.

Have a relaxing Sunday tomorrow
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 15 October 2016 at 6:04PM
    Toni's friend Medicine doesn't count, you still have a NSD. If you only buy reduced (ys yellow stickered) items, you still have NSD.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Exercise/outside: I've taken dds to school by car on Thursday and Friday, because dh has left for his mother country for four weeks. My parents arrived yesterday to help out for a fortnight. Already, the house is looking better organised. I have cycled dd1 to and from her horseriding class. She actually fell off her horse and climbed back on; well done dd!
    Nsd: I've lost track, but seem to remember not spending anything Thursday and Friday. Today I had to go shopping for parents' favourite foods, and pay dd1's insurance and 12 lessons. My parents are 80 and 75, and I am really glad they are helping out, so if I can spoil them a bit, I will.
    Social: church spaghetti night to raise funds for church, took dds and parents, paid €52.
    Healthy/5aday: ate two bunches of tiny grapes from own vinestock and a banana. My secret treat on fresh wholegrain bread is real butter and sliced banana :)
    Dance: enjoyed the sunshine today and soaked up the vitamin D!
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • ljaneyr
    ljaneyr Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Siebrie wrote: »
    Exercise/outside: I've taken dds to school by car on Thursday and Friday, because dh has left for his mother country for four weeks. My parents arrived yesterday to help out for a fortnight. Already, the house is looking better organised. I have cycled dd1 to and from her horseriding class. She actually fell off her horse and climbed back on; well done dd!
    Nsd: I've lost track, but seem to remember not spending anything Thursday and Friday. Today I had to go shopping for parents' favourite foods, and pay dd1's insurance and 12 lessons. My parents are 80 and 75, and I am really glad they are helping out, so if I can spoil them a bit, I will.
    Social: church spaghetti night to raise funds for church, took dds and parents, paid €52.
    Healthy/5aday: ate two bunches of tiny grapes from own vinestock and a banana. My secret treat on fresh wholegrain bread is real butter and sliced banana :)
    Dance: enjoyed the sunshine today and soaked up the vitamin D!

I quite agree! I like a mashed banana sandwich with real butter on wholemeal bread :o In fact I think I might have an evening snack...
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    Bought our house 2012 :) Married 2015 :D Started renovating 2015 :eek:
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? :eek: Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Siebre Glad you have help with you. It's hard solo parenting for too long.

A good day for me. Worked till 3. Eating left over food from the event for tea.
    Today I am grateful for
    - Feeling cosy inside whilst it rains outside
    - Buying a beautiful candle. It's a Christmas candle which burns for 100 hours. I want to get one for each of the children. We can burn them on the run down to Christmas like much more beautiful advent calendars.
    - My health. A week has passed since the hideous bug we all came down with. I feel strong and well.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • mothernerd
    swimming super swagbucker.

ljaneyr a notebook of achievements is a great idea.

EE I would also like the referral code for YouGov please.

Fmess well done on the gardening and planning ahead.

Siebrie glad you have help whilst OH is away. Banana butties?

Bob so happy you have recovered.

I am better than yesterday but didn't feel inclined to race around. Had a gentle pottering day. I have set off my peas for pea shoots (had them soaking in a jug) and brought in 3 other large mushroom boxes full of coir compost and put them in the windowsills with covers on - trying to warm the soil a bit before planting. Bought 2 10p flat parsley last night and have put them in small plnt pots with more compost and given them a good drink.

I have finished the pompons for the twin baby boys and am going to get some of my Christmas cards cut out and glued up (the embroidery bits are done) and have a few more bits to get on with. Put away lots of socks, knickers, hankies, flannels and DS3's stuff (just piled it in his room) so my room is looking much better.

Spent money in a trip to little Arseda last night(more than expected but a couple of bulk buys were worth having and the stuff will be used next month as well). Slightly overdid it and was sweaty and breathing heavily by the time I got home.

Today I am grateful for using things up, crafty fun and celery sticks (did not want another veg with my meal so have been munching through my bag of celery sticks).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
  • mothernerd
    Week Three Mini challenge

Ferrets love toys and they don't share their toys

Doesn't sound like us turtles, does it. However I want tyou to do something personal, something for you. Write a list of all the things that bring you joy or help you get through the bad days.

You can call it a Well being/ Comfort/ Simple Pleasures/ Survival list, you don't need a heading at all. Put it somewhere convenient (back of your diary/ on the fridge/ on your phone?) and refer to it frequently. Try to include three things from the list every day. If possible, practice mindfulness and focus only on your simple pleasure eg drinking a cup of tea, sit and drink it slowly, wrap your hands round the mug, watch the steam.

When times are hard we can forget the things that give us pleasure,. When we are stressed and pushed for time it's easy to drop those 'non-essentials' and then wonder why we are struggling.

My own list would include hot baths (strtictly speaking I am only allowed warm not hot baths), music (music that makes me smile/ dance/ cry/ relax) and candles. Making time to get outside and stop to look at the passing seasons - conkers, autumn leaves, the pattern of bare branches against the sky, slowly emerging buds and bulbs. There are lots more.

If you have time and are in need of a giggle, the original quiz I have used for this month (by Alexandra Sargent-Colburn) can be found at
    http://petcha.com/pets/find-your-inner-ferret/. I became aware of it via a poet who hed written a poem with the same title. Magic of the internet - our pages have now pushed this way down the list.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport