Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Eugh... today is really dragging. Had a v early start so typically couldn't get to sleep last night. Then when I finally did drop off I had a flipping awful nightmare and woke up in a right panic. Morning adrenalin and caffeine got me through so far but am struggling now.... must not snore in meeting!
  • tea_lover wrote: »
    Eugh... today is really dragging. Had a v early start so typically couldn't get to sleep last night. Then when I finally did drop off I had a flipping awful nightmare and woke up in a right panic. Morning adrenalin and caffeine got me through so far but am struggling now.... must not snore in meeting!

Long distance travel again?

I had the garage ring me in the middle of our new weekly meeting to tell me that the fault with my car (electric window jammed down) wasn't there when they tried it and it was working fine. So that's not going to be embarassing when I go to collect it in a minute :rotfl:
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • tea_lover
    Long distance travel again?

I had the garage ring me in the middle of our new weekly meeting to tell me that the fault with my car (electric window jammed down) wasn't there when they tried it and it was working fine. So that's not going to be embarassing when I go to collect it in a minute :rotfl:

Yup - up north for a few days. I suppose technically that's not long distance!

A couple of days after I bought my last car I used it for a car boot sale. It was crammed full of stuff and the back seat was folded down. I couldn't get the seat to clip back into place afterwards and took it back to the garage..... turns out I'd got the edge of the seat belt caught in it :rotfl:.
  • faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    thanks WW, I wrote an email today, I didn't think it was a good idea to ring in case I said something wrong.. I'm in full support of having safety procedures in place and I'm with you on that one if my mum had been reported I most likely wouldn't have BPD either. I totally think the carer did the right thing.
    On another note, I got my eye cyst cut out it was really scary and I'm in pain but I did it! one medical thing to cross off the list.:)
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well done faerie on two scary situations today. Sleep well tonight in the knowledge that you did good.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    thanks so much WW def an early night for me
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I feel like being naughty because mummy WaS is away. But it is so long since I misbehaved I can't think of anything to do!

Flu jab day today so I need to get going.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • tea_lover
    My idea of misbehaving these days is not washing up or something wild like that..... my carousing days are well and truly gone.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    tea_lover wrote: »
    My idea of misbehaving these days is not washing up or something wild like that..... my carousing days are well and truly gone.

Tea :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: sounds like me. I am doing washing up from sunday and the last couple of days as going away for a couple of nights to stay with a friend.

I have put phoebe back on a water bottle and bought a hopper feeder for her food. So lodger does not have to do that but just check on her.

well my lovelies hand shakes, hugs and squishes all round.

faerielight how horrible for you. But of course you know it had to be reported. And I am sure the manager is not really mad at you. just mad with what had happened to her employee.

I have found that since his stroke husband can not be so tactful as he once was. I had to have words with him in the past about it. Once After telling a male teenager he had not seen for a while he had put weight on. He was not over weight just filled out a bit like teenage boys do. I told him say it in your head but don't let it come out of your mouth.

I skinned my knee a week and half ago. I was being silly. And the friend I was with laughed. I stood up on a bench messing around. Stepped down and just went straight on my knees and we both laughed. But it did not feel right. He wanted me to get my knee out in a middle of a shop :eek: um no. Found some loos and found I had skinned it and was bleeding. When I told him it was bleeding he was then concerned LOL!!! Still hurts when I kneel down and have a massive scab :( My knees are covered in scars anyway.

Need to get on. As without a car I have to use public transport to get to my friend and need to be ready by 2.30 to go and catch bus. Not meeting them until just after 5pm. And have to hang around an hour due to the bus I wanted to catch does not go past the stop I want at that time :(

I probably wont be around. As not taking my laptop as don't need it.

Everyone take care and catch you all again soon. WaS hope you having a nice time with your teacher friend.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    tea_lover wrote: »

I don't even manage that, about as reckless as I get with my washing up is leaving my morning mug in the sink until I get home from work :D

Calley - have a good time staying with your friend and I hope your knee feels better soon.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback