Sainsburys advertise store as having parking but it's not free

Options

Comments

• redpete
    redpete Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    you need to be prepared to be annoyed as many hotels advertise parking which isnt free .
    I am on an occasional basis.
    admittedly in the small print which is sometimes not easy to find, the charge can be more than £11 a night
    I was just using a recent example, Nottingham Brittania last week, although this was just one of many things to dislike about that hotel.
    loose does not rhyme with choose but lose does and is the word you meant to write.
  • The-Truth
    The-Truth Posts: 483 Forumite
    Options
    "parking".

Yeah but it say's parking, not free parking so technically it's correct.
  • The-Truth
    The-Truth Posts: 483 Forumite
    Options
    SnowTiger wrote: »
    No, however if a hotel advertises parking as a hotel facility I would exepect parking to be provided by the hotel and not a third party.

Following your crazy logic a hotel could advertise Sky TV, then point punters to a pub across the road that shows football matches broadcast by Sky.
    Rubbish. Your car is parked outside of the room you're staying in, not in it!
  • warehouse
    warehouse Posts: 3,362 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I expect my supermarket parking to be free by default. If it isn't then I'd expect that to be shown on their website. By not indicating that they're being sneaky as it would definitely put people off.

Totally agree with the OP and not the keyboard warriors.
    Pants
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    redpete wrote: »
    Not, but if the hotel advertised themselves as having parking I would be annoyed if it was an NCP car park over the road that cost £11 to use overnight.

Actually, I did stay in a hotel recently in the UK that advertised on site parking. (The Copthorne Millennium in Newcastle). Parking was £9 a night, which I thought was very good value.

These facilities have to be paid for. If I had taken the train to Newcastle, I wouldn't have wanted to pay to subsidise free parking for someone else.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    warehouse wrote: »
    If you think that someone is a "keyboard warrior" simply because they disagree with another poster then maybe public forums aren't for you.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I expect my supermarket parking to be free by default. If it isn't then I'd expect that to be shown on their website. By not indicating that they're being sneaky as it would definitely put people off.

I assume that because you disagree with me it makes you a keyboard warrior?
  • daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    edited 4 October 2016 at 8:57PM
    Options

You first need to distinguish when it became MANDATORY for supermarkets to display the parking charges on the website.

I say this because we currently have people living in the world who:

1. Were brought up using computers

2. Are middle aged and have a fair grasp

3. Are elderly and have little to no grasp

(exceptions obviously present in all groups!)

So whilst YOU expect parking costs to be shown on the website, a significant portion of the population do not mirror your views. A lot of people will simply *turn up* and sort it out on site! It wouldn't put off many people I'm afraid, just the weirder ones who have higher than normal expectations of life and supermarkets!

And they aren't being sneaky because they are in effect giving you MORE information than you would have had 30 years ago when there was no internet! How is that sneaky?!

As a young person, I see where you are coming from but there is nothing wrong with their current setup! My grandparents are computer savvy and they wouldn't go onto Aldi's (for example) website to check the parking costs! They just turn up and either pay or find a side road! They just go with the flow!
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    Walk to supermarket. Buy shopping. Walk home.

Car parking problem solved!
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • Laz123
    Laz123 Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Or shop where there is FREE parking.