5 year old defaults been sold on and reregistered on my credit file as new defaults

Hi,

I need some help and advice. I got myself into a financial mess several years ago. I have paid back all but 2 of my debts one lloydstsb loan and one lloydstsb credit card, they were defaulted in nov 11 and apr 11 respectively. I have tried to negotiate settlement figures and lloyds just wouldn't play ball. I have just checked my credit file and they have now been sold on to first credit the old defaults are now noted as settled and new defaults for the same debts have been added this month. Help I didn't think they could do this and how can I resolve this. I have been offered some money to negotiate a settlement figure with 1st credit but how can they add these as new credit agreements, then non-payments and defaults when they are already on my file?

Please help, I have worked hard to get rid of all my other debts and just have these two left, I don't want another 6 year out in the credit hell cold!!! I will need a mortgage at some point in the near future.

Thanks

Lal

Comments

• rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    Have they changed the default date on the new entries?
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • double_mummy
    double_mummy Posts: 3,989 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    they should have the same default date and be linked to show the accounts as being transferred

so the default would still come off 6 years from the original default date and would be marked as partially satisfied if you paid a settlement to first credit
    The only people I have to answer to are my beautiful babies aged 8 and 5
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,848 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Personally I would rather walk bare foot over hot coals than pay 1st crudit a single penny, they are the worst bottom feeder DCA out there, with a terrible reputation, they actually wrote the book on "threatograms" I think !!, if you must pay this scum anything first check they have all the legal paperwork to be able to claim you owe them anything, CCA them, provit letter, make em jump through hoops, I don't advocate not repaying debt, just don't ever pay a DCA, if you can reasonably avoid doing so, my reasons are these, they buy delinquent debt that has been written off by the original creditor, they pay a few quid for these accounts, which they buy in the thousands, they then chase the debtor for the full original amount that was outstanding, and if they pay up, a nice little profit, and they use every dirty trick in the book to get you to pay up, no matter what your financial circumstances, rant over !!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • come on sourcrates, I bet you send them a Christmas card every year!
  • sourcrates wrote: »
    Personally I would rather walk bare foot over hot coals than pay 1st crudit a single penny, they are the worst bottom feeder DCA out there, with a terrible reputation, they actually wrote the book on "threatograms" I think !!, if you must pay this scum anything first check they have all the legal paperwork to be able to claim you owe them anything, CCA them, provit letter, make em jump through hoops, I don't advocate not repaying debt, just don't ever pay a DCA, if you can reasonably avoid doing so, my reasons are these, they buy delinquent debt that has been written off by the original creditor, they pay a few quid for these accounts, which they buy in the thousands, they then chase the debtor for the full original amount that was outstanding, and if they pay up, a nice little profit, and they use every dirty trick in the book to get you to pay up, no matter what your financial circumstances, rant over !!
    so can i just ask if you have been paying dca's can you stop paying a send a prove it letter?
    goal for 2014....i will manage money better ..must resist shopping..............:A
  • happy_bunny_2
    happy_bunny_2 Posts: 4,488 Forumite
    They are not allowed to change the date. If they do, complain to 1st crudit.

They do respond to complaints, although they might be a bit busy trying to wade through mine at the moment...
    :beer:
  • thanks for the replies, i have been having trouble trying to log in. I will check the default date and complain if they have changed it. Most of these debts are charges and fees added by Lloyds, I lost my job and there was a palava over the PPIs and everything escalated from there. I would like to pay them off but any type of negotiation with lloyds seemed to be a no starter, I have had no contact with then for over 4 years about these debts. Do you think I should CCA them and wait and see what happens? Any advice on how you think I should proceed would be greatly appreciated. My parents have offered to pay a reduced amount for me to get rid of these debts but how do you think I should play it? Thanks for the advise so far.
  • happy_bunny_2
    happy_bunny_2 Posts: 4,488 Forumite
    If no contact for 4 years, how come they defaulted in 2011?

When were the loan and card taken out? Before April 2007? Important for CCA request.

Did you reclaim the PPI if it didn't pay out?
    :beer:
  • Well it was a bit of a surprise when I saw the defaults there!!!
    I haven't acknowledged anything from them for a long time. I think I made a mistake with the date if put 2011 because one will be 6 years this november and the other one will be 5 years this april since the defaults were put on my credit file.

PPI I am disputng with them as one did pay out. I have claimed PPI for the other loans that I had used that to pay off some of my other debts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure