Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here [merged]

Options

Comments

• November2
    November2 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi, I want to use my vouchers online at Tesco Direct but it says I have to exchange them first, but what happens if the item I want is out of stock? Am I stuck with coupons I can't use as I don't want anything else from that department!
  • Amaretti_2
    Options
    Annalise79 wrote: »
    I am usually so good when it comes to collecting and using vouchers before they go out of date but have just found today £21 worth of unused now out of date (Feb/March 12) TESCO Clubcard vouchers. Is there anyway or anywhere that I can still use them or at least redeem a little of the value back? Am so gutted I could cry.

Which is why I suspect they take the points from the card and convert them to vouchers, hoping people mislay or forget about them. Years ago points stayed on the card, we knew how many points we had because they showed up on our till receipts and spent them when we wanted to.

I have been having this argument with Tesco for the last few days now over my 4000 points built up through online deliveries. I have told them I do not care for their system and have used the online vouchers for my final delivery tomorrow. They have lost a customer.

I would want to cry too Annalise because it amounts to theft. You have spent over £2000 to build up your points and should be able to spend them when you choose NOT when they tell you too. After all, they are gaining far more from us by collecting our data and giving us hardly anything in return. I have generally avoided using loyalty cards because of this and will now stop using the Tesco card, most things I buy from them can be bought cheaper elsewhere anyway.
  • Stonehenge
    Options
    Tesco clubcard Fraud? I use a tesco clubcard and tesco clubcard credit card to maximise my points.
    However on checking my points on line some stores give the points immediately whilst others only give the standard NON Tesco points (1point for 4 pounds!) I have queried this with CC and at first they insisted all was well, but when I pointed out the differences store to store they are now' looking into it'.
    But having checked back through our receipts we have now noticed that some stores give points on the 'sub total' before discounts, multibuys etc whilst some stores give points based on the actual total paid!!!
    It would seem that the Tesco Clubcard system has many problems and not always in the customers favour!
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Amaretti:

I don't see any previous post about these 4000 points. If they had been maybe I could have given you some comments as to why you haven't had them e.g. update your Clubcard address (could be different to your GHS address) - earlier I gave a reply to Annalise's query which you quoted - so that should've been sorted.

As regards the Tesco Clubcard system of vouchers, over the Nectar way - they are pro & cons either way e.g. if you lose your Clubcard your points can't suddenly dissappear as with the Nectar card.
    But Vouchers is the Tesco method, it does though require the customer to:
    - update their address details if they move - on all their cards,
    - use their vouchers by the valid until dates,
    - and you can use your vouchers in any store (not just a designated one).

I note you didn't what happened to these '4000 pts' or what CC said about them!?
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • Amaretti_2
    Options
    no1catman wrote: »
    Amaretti:

I don't see any previous post about these 4000 points. If they had been maybe I could have given you some comments as to why you haven't had them e.g. update your Clubcard address (could be different to your GHS address) - earlier I gave a reply to Annalise's query which you quoted - so that should've been sorted.

As regards the Tesco Clubcard system of vouchers, over the Nectar way - they are pro & cons either way e.g. if you lose your Clubcard your points can't suddenly dissappear as with the Nectar card.
    But Vouchers is the Tesco method, it does though require the customer to:
    - update their address details if they move - on all their cards,
    - use their vouchers by the valid until dates,
    - and you can use your vouchers in any store (not just a designated one).

I note you didn't what happened to these '4000 pts' or what CC said about them!?

I have now spent my 4000 points on my last Tesco delivery today. I am finished with Tesco.
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    i know deals vouchers arent transferable between categories (ie cant use restaurant vouchers for museum entry) but if you go the clubcard website and use the drop down for 'days out' it shows theme parks so i wrongly assumed i could use 'days out vouchers' for anything in that section that wasnt pay in full (want to go to pleasurewood hills)

However i am finding the t&c a bit confusing. they give a list of attractions the 'days out vouchers' are accepted at, but then also state they cannot be used at Legoland, Warwick Castle, etc. or for any deal that is pay in full. why point out these set places, if they arent in the accepted list? does this mean i can actually use my days out vouchers at pleasurewood hills, even thought they arent on the list, seeing as they arent on the banned list either?

any ideas, tia F
  • mcmack
    mcmack Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    Try MyVoucherCodes -- the site have loads of different Tesco discount codes that might come in handy.
  • tmushtaq
    tmushtaq Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    flea72 wrote: »
    i know deals vouchers arent transferable between categories (ie cant use restaurant vouchers for museum entry) but if you go the clubcard website and use the drop down for 'days out' it shows theme parks so i wrongly assumed i could use 'days out vouchers' for anything in that section that wasnt pay in full (want to go to pleasurewood hills)

However i am finding the t&c a bit confusing. they give a list of attractions the 'days out vouchers' are accepted at, but then also state they cannot be used at Legoland, Warwick Castle, etc. or for any deal that is pay in full. why point out these set places, if they arent in the accepted list? does this mean i can actually use my days out vouchers at pleasurewood hills, even thought they arent on the list, seeing as they arent on the banned list either?

any ideas, tia F

Hi,

Theme Park tokens and Days out tokens both have the same products codes ie A codes (days out a3010 and theme parks a2001) so you can use either tokens for either category. Theme park tokens will now get printed with days out on them so you will be able to use days out or theme park tokens at pleasurewood hills.

As for the places stated you can't use them we put this as customers just presume that they can use it in those places!

Hope this helps!!!
  • tmushtaq
    tmushtaq Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    November2 wrote: »
    Hi, I want to use my vouchers online at Tesco Direct but it says I have to exchange them first, but what happens if the item I want is out of stock? Am I stuck with coupons I can't use as I don't want anything else from that department!

If the item is out of stock you can sign up to stock alerts online. If the item is still not back in stock by the 11th Sep when the excahnge finishes contact Clubcard Rewards on 0808 100 0707 option 2 who will be able to refund them for you.
  • thefunkygibbon
    Options
    hi, i've got some coupons been sent to me from tesco for £9 off £90 and £6 off £60, can they be used on petrol/diesel? there is no mention of fuel in the exclusions on the small print, just tobacco/baby milk (why?!) stamps, etc.

thanks
    No Links in Signatures by site rules - MSE Forum Team 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family