PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Quilters Thread

Comments

• snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,570
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I've finished machining the binding on the latest baby quilt - I just have to hand sew the back and it's done.
  • snoozer
    Forumite
    edited 2 October 2014 at 5:04PM
    This is the quilt I made for DH's new great nephew.

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag350/Sue_Foster/DSC06729_zps840f31eb.jpg

Of course I've just spotted a big mistake in this - oh well as my mum used to say it won't be seen by a blind man on a galloping horse.
  • snoozer
    Forumite
    And this is a quilt I made to try out the economy block that was going the rounds a little while ago. About 240 different fabrics in this with 80 of them fussy cut,

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag350/Sue_Foster/DSC06751_zps2ae380a4.jpg
  • miffy257
    miffy257 Posts: 890
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Deleted_User that Christmas tree is lovely, snoozer your quilts are gorgeous and I couldn't see any errors. We do tend to beat ourselves up about our mistakes don't we? Patches hope you finish your cushion, I always start thinking about my next project as I'm finishing the last one. Too many quilts, too little time!!!
    Happy Quilting all :)
    £180.00 in 'sistercas'fund
    Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.
    Samuel Smiles
  • PlymouthMaid
    PlymouthMaid Posts: 1,550
    Forumite
    Snoozer: Of course I've just spotted a big mistake in this - oh well as my mum used to say it won't be seen by a blind man on a galloping horse.

Love that saying. I justify my many errors with the Amish maxim that only God can create perfection :)

Love your quilt.
    "'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, this life
    Try to make ends meet
    You're a slave to money then you die"
  • PlymouthMaid
    PlymouthMaid Posts: 1,550
    Forumite
    Deleted_User - that is a lovely wall hanging.
    "'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, this life
    Try to make ends meet
    You're a slave to money then you die"
  • miffy257
    Forumite
    Hope everyone will find some time for quilting at the weekend. I'm off to London for the day on Saturday, going to see Warhorse with my sister, niece and nephew for her 60th birthday treat. Will try to do some sewing on Sunday .
    Happy Quilting all ��
    Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.
    Samuel Smiles
  • snoozer
    Forumite
    I've made a start on the celtic quilt - I'm sort of making it up as I go along because I haven't got lots of the fabric left - it's going to be quite a small quilt, or maybe a wall hanging for DS' GF's parents for C...mas.
  • The last of the chicken wall hangings I am making, one of them is sold, switching to Christmas trees for a couple of days.

8136b809-0117-4b11-b993-1f1e6bb74cee.jpg
  • miffy257
    Forumite
    Well done snoozer for starting a new quilt, Deleted_User those chickens are gorgeous, not surprised you have sold one.
    Happy Quilting all :)
    Samuel Smiles
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport