PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Decluttering 2012, this year, definitely ...

Comments

• ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    A little update from me

Ditch 100 in May 38/100

29 1 x pr tatty Goalie Gloves - Binned
    30 Dead batteries - Recycling @ School
    31 Various Supermarket Mags - Recycling
    32 1 x DVD - Charity
    33-36 4 x Magazines - Dr's waiting room
    37 Box of unused Meds - Chemist
    38 5 x small bottles of fragranced oil - used & bottles recycled
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• museumworker
    museumworker Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 May 2012 at 9:27PM
    Chocolate drinker you're doing great guns! And ((hugs)) to anyone who needs them, remember it took us quite some time to acquire all this stuff, so won't get rid of it all in one go either.

Did a trolley run to charity shop with some of the sorted books - they didn't look too happy as they are overrun at the minute. They did however have some great cookbooks in that I am SERIOUSLY thinking about getting tomorrow... Nigella Feast, Nigella Christmas, Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey. I have wanted the first two for ages, the third one I have heard great things about and would definitely use it. HELP!! Don't know what to do!!

back to the sorting! Have gone through the massive book pile and pulled out which are worth something.

42 more books in charity pile
    + scrabble game we won't play (have travel scrabble if we need it) - charity
    + 14 free dvds - charity
    + 2 cycle maps in recycling

Plus dropped some old medication I'm no longer on into the chemist earlier.

Oooh, need to tot up my total now - be straight back!
    May 208/100

:j YAY :j

11 more books listed on Amazon, will count these when gone.
    Mortgage [STRIKE]16/03/2011: £190K 01/01/2017: £107,729.65 [/STRIKE] 01/07/2017: £95,979.89
    OPs 2011-2016 = £45K 2017 OPs = £9250.20
  • ok, today's update - 2 lamps, broken DVD player, bookcase disposed of. shampoo bottle recycled, toothpaste tube chucked. 318/500
    Declutter 2024 in 2024 /2024 SPC = 13 £45.32 (2023) £64.89 (2022) £95.67 (2021) £305.16 (2020)Loan paid off! Credit card paid off!!! Debt paid off, debt free date 28/12/2020
  • Sue14
    Sue14 Posts: 987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    My ebay buyer paid over the weekend, so I posted the parcel today (used some of my stash of bubble wrap and other packaging), and returned a pair of shoes that were too tight.

Still going very slowly this month, but I've now got 2 days off work, and don't start until 2 on Thursday, so hopefully I'll get a bit more done.

Ditch 100 in May 17/100
    Weight loss challenge 2/10lbs

• bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    77 - bag of bedding to charity shop, collecting tomorrow.

Still need to sort through my clothes, inspired by the thread in OS
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • pjran
    pjran Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Good morning, the sun is shining :j and before I start in the garden I need to focus on decluttering in my dining room.

DH was shocked when he counted how many glasses I managed to squeeze in to the sideboard, it's a skill I told him :rotfl:. So my first task is to sort the keepers from the CS ones, same again for the tableclothes. They are too good to throw away but I really don't need or use this many!

Good luck to you all if you too have good intentions today.
  • miasnanny
    miasnanny Posts: 134 Forumite
    Not doing so well this week but
    1x top to charity shop
    5x now empty bottles of shampoo/shower gel rc'd or binned
    3x empty cardboard boxes rc'd
    :T
  • EndlessStruggle
    EndlessStruggle Posts: 1,342 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    No decluttering for me for the next few days, got tonsilitus and REALLY feel awful.

A warning for those eBaying things, I had a chargeback today for an item that was sent 3 and a half months ago! I'm not sure what happened but they left feedback so looks like they got it. Just waiting to hear back from them, was only £3 but still not sure what's happening.
  • Rage_in_Eden
    Rage_in_Eden Posts: 995 Forumite
    Ooooh this looks a good thread - I have way too much stuff. Not sure I'll get to 100 as we're halfway through may - perhaps 50? Anyway here goes:
    1-10 - Old meds due to prescription changes taken to chemist
    11 - old body spray binned (smelt awful)
    12 - batteries to recycling
    13 - pile of old house mags to reclycling bin

I have loads of stuff to put on e-bay etc and just missed a free listing weekend as I was poorly but will be taking all the photos etc....
    But I'm going to say this once, and once only, Gene. Stay out of Camberwick Green :D
  • pjran
    pjran Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 15 May 2012 at 12:27PM
    No decluttering for me for the next few days, got tonsilitus and REALLY feel awful.

A warning for those eBaying things, I had a chargeback today for an item that was sent 3 and a half months ago! I'm not sure what happened but they left feedback so looks like they got it. Just waiting to hear back from them, was only £3 but still not sure what's happening.

Hope you feel better soon. Looking on the bright side at least you have time to read all the forums on this site.

I've stopped for a rest but managed to throw, believe me nobody would want the artificial flowers I found in the back of a cupboard. I don't even remember hiding them in there! Ouch.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure