PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Options
    Hello ,collieheartsyou ... Wow it sounds like you are making amazing progress. Brilliant. Well, circular needles!! Ummm there are so many people who love them and make amazing things. BUT, there is also folks like me who give them away. I can't stand them and end up in a circular mess. But I am not very patient when things go wrong . If I was you I would just buy one ... Perhaps a size 4.00 and see how you get on. As for DPns .. Similar. Charity shops often have needles but you gave to ask as they are kept under the counter... Elf and safety and all that.

Good morning lovely other people well I am doing a bit of gardening as the Spanish rabbits have been having a feast in my absence!!!

Just started making a blanket in my favourite shades of blues for the charity at Yoga. I slept like a log last night after all that calming yoga ... Shame about bloomin hip this morning. You fain some ,you lose some!!!

Ginny just been reading back and that doll and piggy are delightful. Well done you for the magazine entry.

Kathy and Pssohooe you soon feel on top of the world.

jeani think about you and Dh a lot. Hope things are getting a little bit better.

mrs Moneypennywhat a relief and lots of gentle thoughts for Dmil.

shazhow are things on the knees front

pippai hope things are a little more settled with your Mum. Such a worrying time.

f1West Ham excelling themselves!!!!! Hope all well x

Lots of Mia's ... Hope just having fun x
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    Options
    collieheartsyou - well, I like to use dpns and love to use circulars too........... as Chalky has said pick up a set of some old style 8's new 4mm dpns (if you can get five in the set it's slightly easier) or circular..... give them a go and see how you manage with them. In saying that you can do socks on two successfully .......... you just have to learn to stitch them up ! So pleased you have progressed as far as you have - that in itself is wonderful.
    DH was an absolute pain in the backside today all day - he hasn't improved - but then tomorrow is yet another day and providing he gets a proper sleep with luck he will wake in a lovely mood.
    I am doing fine, keeping out of his way....... my neighbour is off to Haiti in early December so I have said I shall knock out a load of baby booties, socks and hats... - that will keep me focused.
    Love and cuddles to you all
    Jean
    x
    The Hooligan Wooligan – age 9¾
    Charity Knitting 2015-
    2xSIBOL butterflies -86x squares
  • chalky_75
    Options
    jeani hope you have had a better day with DH backside"....all joking aside lots of love coming your way.

New charity push locally here in Spain for me. Heartbreaking. Pop over to blog if you want to know about it.

Love to everyone of you x
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    Options
    I got SO fed up with him I wrote him a letter and went to bed with my book!! He was fine all day yesterday.
    My neighbours are off on a fact finding mission to Haiti in early December so I am trying my hardest to knock out a load of socks in all sorts of sizes - on the machine for them to take with them.
    I did pop into the bloggie land yesterday, I had time off for good behavour - THB's of both sexes are in all sorts of situations and places, the more we share that information, help and assist them the better their plight.
    Off to do a swift computer update then I am out of here!
    ye all have a wonderful day folks, love and cuddles to each and every one of you.

x
    Charity Knitting 2015-
  • Collieheartsyou
    Options
    Thanks Chalky and Roamin in the Gloamin. I'll definitely take your advice and try out a pair. I've progressed a lot I think with my knitting, I guess because with everything else going on, it's the only thing I have any sense of achievement in!!! I recently finished a pair of bed sock slipper type things for my sister. Just need to sow the second one up :)
  • chalky_75
    Options
    Hello to each and every one if you .... And the gentlest hug tucked in too.

We have some wonderful neighbours here who do so much for us when we are not here so it's always a pleasure to take them out for lunch when we arrive back. Today a place called Isletta Del Morro on the Caba De Gata. Paella... Delicous . No need for any more cooking today so a double whammy.

jeani hope that letter works for a good while and that is brilliant about the socks.

collieheartsyoui am glad you find the knitting soothing. I think we all feel like that with our crafting... Except for me with circular needles:rotfl:pippaloves them I believe.

Well I hope all the bugs have packed their bags. Edna is not visiting and hands are not overflowing.

Love to one and all xxx
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mioliere I would love to post pictures of my work especially the sweater I am knitting for DGS1 as I have designed it myself but I do not have a camera. I don't know if I can persuade my son to take photos.

I have just been asked by my son to make him a scarf with a flight deck of an aircraft carrier on it. Quite a challenge don't know if I am up to it.

These aircraft carriers are part of an on line game he plays in Japanese.

His friends all think it is a great idea and as they will be exclusive my son thinks I will be able to charge £100. Personally I think I would have to use very expensive wool and it would cost more than £100. Where as for his all the appropriate colours are available from P**ndland. I happened to go in just before he asked me.

Did I read on here or the knitters thread that there was software available which would turn a picture into a diagram to knit?
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    roamin_in_the_gloamin Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 October 2014 at 9:15PM
    Options
    nursemaggie - I use a couple of sites for pictures to be turned into charts...... I do also have a couple of software programmes that do it as well but having just changed my computer over I have yet to install them.

You could also do a search for cross stitch patterns for an aircraft carrier flight deck - as they are all counted out and would easily convert to a sweater or scarf pattern first link is cross stitch - second link is knitting

http://www.myphotostitch.com/

http://domestikgoddess.com/3-easy-ways-to-chart-a-knitting-pattern/
    Charity Knitting 2015-
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone. Still struggling a bit with my energy levels and it's starting to make me feel pretty grumpy these days, especially as the chores still need doing! If we have to be unwell now and again, surely the chores should disappear until we are better? Still, there are people far worse off than me, and I just need to be patient!

I hope everyone is doing well. Jean, how is DH now? Hope he has responded well to the letter you wrote him!

Colliesheartyou - welcome to you, and I see that our ladies have given you some great advice!

Elaine - hope you are feeling better now.

Mrs Moneypenny - how is your MIL?

Pippa - hope your mum is doing as well as can be.

Chalky - how is your DD1 now?

I am back to doing a little bit of woolly stuff, thankfully. I am doing baby hats and booties; a friend who is going back to the UK for a couple of weeks soon will take them to her local maternity hospital for me. I am also working on a little Christmas wreath for my Mum, and some handbags for my two youngest granddaughters - I shall fill the bags with little goodies like hairbands, and so on. I have found a little online supplier here in France of jewellery, hair accessories, and so on - and free delivery if you spend over €5, so I have placed an order and will keep my fingers crossed that the store is as reliable as Amazon!

My eldest granddaughter (11 years old) broke her ankle rushing down the stairs, which is typical of her. She now has a half-plastercast on it and proudly sent me a photo to show it off. She is irrepressible and is taking it all in her stride (excuse the pun!). She has also just found out that she has been accepted into the ladies's under 13s cricket team at county level, which she is thrilled about. Hopefully, her ankle will have mended before training starts. She is as good at batting as she is at bowling, and it seems the team and the coaches were really impressed with her when she went for trials.

Anyway, as you can see, I am up early today but I am pleased about that because it means I am getting back to normal rather than spending half the night coughing, then not waking up until after my normal wake-up time - I really hate waking up late; 'late' for me being after 6am.

Hope you all have a good day, and I'm sending lots of hugs to all those who are in need.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone. Still struggling a bit with my energy levels and it's starting to make me feel pretty grumpy these days, especially as the chores still need doing! If we have to be unwell now and again, surely the chores should disappear until we are better? Still, there are people far worse off than me, and I just need to be patient!

I hope everyone is doing well. Jean, how is DH now? Hope he has responded well to the letter you wrote him!

Colliesheartyou - welcome to you, and I see that our ladies have given you some great advice!

Elaine - hope you are feeling better now.

Mrs Moneypenny - how is your MIL?

Pippa - hope your mum is doing as well as can be.

Chalky - how is your DD1 now?

I am back to doing a little bit of woolly stuff, thankfully. I am doing baby hats and booties; a friend who is going back to the UK for a couple of weeks soon will take them to her local maternity hospital for me. I am also working on a little Christmas wreath for my Mum, and some handbags for my two youngest granddaughters - I shall fill the bags with little goodies like hairbands, and so on. I have found a little online supplier here in France of jewellery, hair accessories, and so on - and free delivery if you spend over €5, so I have placed an order and will keep my fingers crossed that the store is as reliable as Amazon!

My eldest granddaughter (11 years old) broke her ankle rushing down the stairs, which is typical of her. She now has a half-plastercast on it and proudly sent me a photo to show it off. She is irrepressible and is taking it all in her stride (excuse the pun!). She has also just found out that she has been accepted into the ladies's under 13s cricket team at county level, which she is thrilled about. Hopefully, her ankle will have mended before training starts. She is as good at batting as she is at bowling, and it seems the team and the coaches were really impressed with her when she went for trials.

Anyway, as you can see, I am up early today but I am pleased about that because it means I am getting back to normal rather than spending half the night coughing, then not waking up until after my normal wake-up time - I really hate waking up late; 'late' for me being after 6am.

Hope you all have a good day, and I'm sending lots of hugs to all those who are in need.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills