Buchanan clark & wells??

Options

Comments

• dianah
    dianah Posts: 152 Forumite
    Options
    a guy i work with had this problem after he returned home from uni - he was constantly writing them back saying his gas was supplied by another company but they didn't listen.

in the end, he sent them copies of all the gas bills he'd paid to the other company and they left him alone.

i would find out when this debt is for and i'm sure even if you don't have the bills from that period, your provider should be able to issue you a copy (there might be a fee for this)

good luck!
  • Daddy-Spendless
    Options
    ii just recieved a call from BCW, i didnt have a clew who they are, the guy asked for me by name to which i said "thats me" he then immediatly asked me to confirm my address and postcode, which i refused to do, as in my mind i should neither be asked or be willing to part with info on the say so of any company ive never heard of. i asked what he wanted me for, he said he couldnt say unless i confirm my name and address, wich again i woldnt do, so he said i will be hearing from them in the post and the call ended.
  • Kerrie_hicks
    Options
    They did the same to me saying i owed £462 for british gas when i didn't owe anything,trying to explain this to them was very difficult and they were not prepared to listen to me.

Just ignore them and do not arrange an payment plan they will have to take you to court which they won't do as they will not be able to provide any proof . Which they can't.

They are bullies just trying to push there luck.

If you need anymore information please let me know.
  • getti
    getti Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    I had the same call yesterday but at my WORK number!.

Asked for my by name and i confirmed my address as they know it anyway and they then said it is about a debt to Lowell for £1,400 can I make payment today. I said I dont have a clue what it is about and am in work so cannot talk about anything as it is a business number not for personal calls then hung up.

Thanks to this forum once again i see many other people have had the same issue, i dont know how they managed to get my phone number at work though!.

So i am now posting them the letter on here to remove all phone numbers they have on file for me under the DPA and only to contact me in writing. I dont have a reference but they can find me from my address anyway i might as well make them work a bit.

From there i will get them to prove I owe the money and see what happens.

Quite shaken up actually to get someone calling my work number out of the blue asking for me to chase up money, with customers and 2 work colleagues standing near me too!
  • Patricia154
    Options
    I received a telephone call from BCW a couple of months ago, claiming I owed Orange PLC money, which I know I don't, I changed broadband providers last August, using their migration code, the change over was done well within the timescale and now they are claiming my new provider didn't use the code in time.....oh yes they did. I asked BCW for prove that I owed the money, they said They cannot discuss what Orange have said with me????? You What? Give me prove, I'll give you the money, if anything Orange owe me!!! I've e-mailed BCW, suprise no reply and I've just posted a letter, stating I have all my prove, where is theirs?
  • Shopna
    Options
    Getti, I know exactly how you feel. They somehow got my work no. too and called me last month at work. I was quite shaken up too that they phoned me at work, especially since I manage a team of 3 others with whom I share the office.

I have been taking personal calls at work as I am 8 months pregnant and a diabetic. I've been getting regular calls at work from my midwife, diabetic nurse and various other people to check my progress (high risk pregnancy) so thought nothing of it when the call was put through to me and I was asked to confirm my address, which I did.

Then they started asking me for about £300 which I apparently owe Barclaycard from 1997!

I moved into my current address 18 months ago and they have started sending me threatening letters saying they will send people to my home.

I am due to have my baby in a few weeks time and I really can't deal with this stress. I understand the debt (if I even owe it!) is now statute barred but can they still send people to my address if I ignore them or should I send them the statute barred letter as posted by other users?

I tend to forget about them, then they call or send a letter and I start getting stressed and can't sleep for days. I can't believe they get away with harrassing people this way.
  • DarkConvict
    DarkConvict Posts: 6,338 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    @Shopna - If you have not paid or written to them about the debt in 6 years (5 in scotland) send this (Statue barred) - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=11571227#post11571227

If this is not the case, send the prove it letter - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=11570893&postcount=2

As to them phoneing, you can use the law to stop them phoning! - Here is a stack of letters you can send - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1837507

You really want this one at a guess - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=30356365&postcount=25
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies
  • liver-bird
    liver-bird Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 May 2010 at 10:09AM
    Options
    I got home from work yesterday and found a message on my answerphone telling me to ring Buchanan Clark & Wells and quote a reference number, as others have said before. However, the caller sounded like an automated message, not a real person and did not mention me by name, he just said "Hello" at the start.

Should I just ignore it? I know I do not have any debts with anyone (although the previous owner of my house did but that was over 6 years ago that he lived there). It has scared me a bit but I don't really want to ring them, given what others have said about that.

Grateful for any advice on this.

Btw, I've not received any letters, just this call.
  • mancboixxx
    mancboixxx Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Liver-Bird

Are you using the telephone line from the previous tenant? If you are it is probably for them. I would recommend disconnecting the telephone line and getting your own telephone service installed.

Or ring them just to make sure. No point ignoring it in case its for you and they start further action.

Hope this helps

Mancboixxx
  • liver-bird
    liver-bird Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No, I brought the number with me from my previous house (which was rented). I just don't see how it can be for me - and I don't know it is as I wasn't there when they rang and they didn't say who the message is for, just hello (although it did sound like an automated message as I said).

I have read other posts on here which said do NOT phone them, that is why I was worried.

Cheers for your help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport