PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    fixer165 wrote: »
    after using your template letter for reclaiming ppi i received £2900.00 within 6 weeks of sending the letter to citibank NO IF`S OR BUTS just returned my money with interest now im after the rest of the banks that over the years have taken money wrongly will update of my success with this:j:T :beer: WELL DONE MARTIN

Wow, fantastic.......:T:T
    Congratulations.
    :beer::j:j
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • gazzarw
    gazzarw Posts: 54 Forumite
    edited 7 December 2009 at 12:27AM
    After 4 letters and the intervention of the FOS in 8 months, the above have finally agreed to pay me all the PPI back plus interest and stress........ I love this site for all it has done for me......Martin for PM!!!!!....Am just waiting for their calculations, i have calculated it to around £6500..........Thank you all for your help........Love you loads:beer::j:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:money:
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    gazzarw wrote: »
    After 4 letters and the intervention of the FOS in 8 months, the above have finally agreed to pay me all the PPI back plus interest and stress........ I love this site for all it has done for me......Martin for PM!!!!!....Am just waiting for their calculations, i have calculated it to around £6500..........Thank you all for your help........Love you loads:beer::j:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:money:
    Wow, well done and what a nice christmas you will have.:T:beer:
  • Dunkydo
    Dunkydo Posts: 10 Forumite
    Dunkydo wrote: »
    **UPDATE**

Just received a letter from Alliance & Leicester offering me £789.11 for two years PPI + Interest - fantastic plus my monthly repayments are reduced by £35! Hopefully have the cheque in time for Christmas.:beer::beer:

Again, many thanks to the MSE team and the advice given from those that offer encouragement and support.:T:T

I'll update again when I hear from MBNA, Morgan Stanley (Barclaycard), BoS One Card & Eneavour.

Kind Regards,

Dunkydo

*UPDATE*

Hi folks,

Just off the phone with MBNA. The girl was great, really nice and helpful. They checked my original application and found that I had NOT applied for PPI and have offered me a refund of my premiums + 8% = £1145!!

They are paying it against my balance which is great because it means I am reducing my debts!

Many thanks again MSE!

EGG - £800 refund - 1 letter
    A&L - £790 refund - 1 letter
    MBNA - £1145 refund - 1 letter

Total so far - £2735, cost £5 in recorded delivery, feeling - PRICELESS!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Dunkydo
  • ANOTHERMAKES3, Can you tell me what address you used for Hitachi Capital as I have just discovered I have been paying PPI via DFS, and also what you said in your letter.

Many Many Thanks and Well Done xxx
  • Dunkydo wrote: »
    *UPDATE*

Hi folks,

Just off the phone with MBNA. The girl was great, really nice and helpful. They checked my original application and found that I had NOT applied for PPI and have offered me a refund of my premiums + 8% = £1145!!

They are paying it against my balance which is great because it means I am reducing my debts!

Many thanks again MSE!

Total so far - £2735, cost £5 in recorded delivery, feeling - PRICELESS!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Dunkydo
    Congratulations Dunkydo great feeling to be reducing debts...yee hah!
  • :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Morning all, just letting you know an update on my progress.

Sent acceptance Thursday 26th November via fax

Received Cheque for £3399.96 on 7th December (7 days!!!):j:j

Cheque will clear in good time for last min xmas shopping! :T

Thanks to everyone on the site for their help

Good luck everyone

Claire xxx
  • di3004
    gazzarw wrote: »

Well done to you, this is so wonderful, you will certainly have a lovely xmas, Congratulations.:beer::beer:
    And
    :xmassign::xmastree::snow_grin
  • di3004
    Dunkydo wrote: »
    *UPDATE*

Hi folks,

Many thanks again MSE!

Dunkydo

Absolutely fantastic, well done and Congratulations.:beer::j:j:beer:
  • Great News Claire that was really quick. Brilliant news for you Happy Christmas.:santa2:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback