In DMP with Natwest but they've got Westcot involved

I've received letters from Natwest advising they have handed over the management of my payments to Westcot. I'm currently in a DMP with Stepchange and have been for the past 4 years, I've never missed a payment so I don't understand why they've done this and it's really worrying me. I don't know what to expect now, will they come after me for more money? Just hoping someone will be able to advise me

Comments

• snowbean
    snowbean Posts: 140 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've just received letters today too, from both NW and RBS, saying that my accounts will now be dealt with by Wescot. I don't know wy they've suddenly done it, but I don't think it's a worry?
  • Im not sure, the letter from Natwest advised that I should continue paying them (Natwest)but they are not working in partnership with Westcot. So I believe the amount owing is still with Natwest, I'm just worried sick what Westcot will do now.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,848 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Wescott will do absolutely nothing, the debt still belongs to Natwest, Wescott don't buy debts, they manage them on behalf of the major banks.
    Nothing will change, Wescott can't, and won't, be able to do a single thing to you, whatever you imagine that might be any way ?

Don't worry about it, Buisness as normal, it's just a way for the banks to pass day to day administration to a 3rd party, lots of posts on here with a similar vein this weekend.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Thank you for your reply. I thought they could possibly change my DMP plan, harass me for more money and generally make my life hell again. Just scared and worried because I wasn't sure what to expect from them
  • bmma
    bmma Posts: 607 Forumite
    natwest letter arrived today-westcott handling the account-letter said everything to remain as usual-westcott will contact stepchange as that who deals with my creditors - business as usual, best wishes
    :hello::coffee:Penny Pincher in training
    Keep Calm Keep Vegan:):staradmin
    year's food budget £1,920
  • blisteringblue
    blisteringblue Posts: 1,140 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I really wish fellow DMPers can get into the mindset of dealing with DCAs. Honestly people its a good thing, they have zero clout, you dictate to them. They are so worried about the FCA these days just the mere threat of a harassment letter they will do whatever you ask.

Personally it's my little game to wind up any of the DCA companies that I end up with. Had a couple of £25 cheques for complaining they text me too much. Honestly please don't fret about your debts being sold on.
  • Westcot is the default debt company for Natwest these days, they passed my debt to them when I was in the middle of my DMP. Only ever received two letters from westcot directly - one to say they were acting in behalf of Natwest, and one to say the repayments were completed. Never received a single phone call or text from them.

As you have a DMP with SC, they'll do the leg-work and you wont notice anything change - they money is still being repayed, just to a different name on the plan.

Nothing to worry about, in fact it's a good thing as it usually means Natwest have just said 'yeah can't be bothered to chase this one as they're in a DMP so we cant extract money from them any quicker, here you are Westcot, keep an eye on it for us.'
  • Ben75
    Ben75 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Yes, no need to worry - my debt with RBS / Natwest is now being managed by Westcot, but they said to just keep paying my existing standing order, so I wouldn't expect anything to change. Probably just means Westcot have a new contract with Natwest now. One thing, just don't call them
  • Coinmachine
    Coinmachine Posts: 225 Forumite
    I too had a Westcot letter so presume Natwest must have transferred a job lot of accounts.
    I'm a greenfield sight for sore eyes, and sore eyes are just needing the light, the shapes, and the shadows of the space we share, before it splits into Thin Air.
  • leninspot
    leninspot Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Same thing has just happened to me - so glad for all the reassurances above as I was a bit worried. Don't know what I'd do without this forum!xxxxxxxxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure