IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Letter Before Claim - Gladstones

Comments

• Hi Georgia,

Can I ask if you sent the same template as 'coupon mad'? Im in the same situation as you and would like to send it out tomorrow.
    Was you given 14 or 30 days in your letter before claim? I was given 30.
    Did you send via email or post?
    Also did you just ignore the letters from the private parking company for the 'debt' like I did.

Kindest regards

: )
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,426
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    123Messiah, you appear not to have seen the responses on your two threads.
  • 123Messiah wrote: »
    Hi Georgia,

Can I ask if you sent the same template as 'coupon mad'? Im in the same situation as you and would like to send it out tomorrow.
    Was you given 14 or 30 days in your letter before claim? I was given 30.
    Did you send via email or post?
    Also did you just ignore the letters from the private parking company for the 'debt' like I did.

Kindest regards

: )

Hi yes I sent the same template, with a few minor adjustments (mine was a ticket for not having a permit)

Yes I got 30 days to reply, same as you.

Sent via post, and yes, ignored all previous letters! 13 months later recieved the letter before claim.
  • Yes same here no permit mine was July but had a few others years ago which nothing ever happened.
    I will keep checking in on your thread to see what reply you get also.

Good luck!
  • KeithP wrote: »
    123Messiah, you appear not to have seen the responses on your two threads.

Sorry Keith new here was not sure how to delete my other thread, apologies : )
  • It seems the likelihood is that they will probably go away now, so a big thank you to Coupon-mad for writing and directing me to the template response :)

Will return if I get a letter back!
  • HI Georgia,

Did you ever receive a letter back?

Kind regards
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,251
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    123Messiah wrote: »
    HI Georgia,

Did you ever receive a letter back?

Kind regards

You might be better doing this via PM with Georgia. Then if you have some common ground, you can communicate with each other on strategy, as well as commenting on your own thread for further forum advice from regulars.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • georgia_00
    georgia_00 Posts: 26 Forumite
    edited 9 January 2018 at 11:17AM
    Hi everyone, update. Got a response back from Gladstone's.

In summary their response consists of -

- They confirm their letter before claim was compliant with the most up to date direction for pre-action protocol?

- They say please find enclosed copies of documents requested, however the only documents included are an FAQ, information sheet, and finally a reply form with various options I owe the debt/don't owe the debt etc.

There is no response to any of the requests in my original letter.

They have now stated I have a further 30 days before which legal proceedings will be issued, and have a 'reply form' to complete.

Am going to catch up on a few other threads, but would appreciate advice whether the best response is to complete the reply form, simply stating I dispute the debt, citing reasons as per my first letter?

Many thanks
  • Just an update, as there was no substantive response from them, I sent the response form today, ticking I dispute the debt, and to refer to correspondence sent previously by myself.

I presume the next correspondence back from them will be court action?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure