Walk 2000 miles in 2017

Comments

• Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    :eek::eek: Just realised I need 218 miles over the next 5/6 weeks to be on target for 1000 miles and the half way mark!!

Good luck with that, I know that I do 10 miles a day but I have both the time and inclination to do that, not everyone does :o
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Kantankrus_Mare Posts: 6,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Good luck with that, I know that I do 10 miles a day but I have both the time and inclination to do that, not everyone does :o

Its doable but I will have to put a little more effort in than I have been doing. I'm hoping that sight seeing is going to boost it a fair bit and there is a gym on the ship.........I hate failing a challenge! ;)
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,617 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Still on track for 1,000 this year but am going to have to get a shift on if I want to make 1,500. I should be at 571 for that and I am 145 short. I will try and get some miles in during half term but we are camping and cycling for the first part. At least now time is the limiting factor rather than injury/ill health.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    33.5 miles last week for me. Not bad considering that I was ill for most of last week! Still not 100% but did manage to get a 17 mile run in yesterday (which accounted for most of last weeks distance)

Already off to a flyer with a 7.5 mile run this morning in the sunshine around edale in the peak district. Sadly home now.

Total mileage appears to be 768.2 miles. No idea where I should be, but I can't do much about it as my running is rather fixed to a training plan at the moment.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • SplanK
    SplanK Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    indesisiv wrote: »
    Total mileage appears to be 768.2 miles. No idea where I should be, but I can't do much about it as my running is rather fixed to a training plan at the moment.

Just 1 mile behind! 769.2 is week 20's average target!
  • indesisiv
    SplanK wrote: »
    Just 1 mile behind! 769.2 is week 20's average target!

In that case thats good. Considering the number of training weeks I have missed so far due to illness I'm happy with that.
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    I know jonbvn is toughing it out in 50 degree weather....but at 26, it's toooo hot for me. I'm sure I was an Eskimo in a previous life:D.

I was planning to clear my deficit by the end of May.....think it's going to increase a bit, grrrr.
  • SplanK
    SplanK Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    yeah, I scrapped my walk last night, and didn't have any effort in me this morning. At half 5 it was already scorching! Not to far behind and should scrape minimum this week.

Making my excuses and working from our companies server room today and plonked myself directly under the AC units :D
  • indesisiv
    Yeah I am having a day off today too!
    Did a 3 mile warm up before doing circuits last night... wowsers I was dripping!!
    Need to do a long run on Sunday so hoping that I can get myself out early before it heats up too much.
    Good luck finding somewhere cool guys.
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    Hot here as well this week but having to take the dog out means I am keeping well up with the miles and out with the Ramblers last Sunday as well as a 9 mile walk with them tomorrow will mean a big week for me :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure