Walk 2000 miles in 2017

Comments

• bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    After 3 busy weeks of deliveries 2 of which included getting my new dog I covered over 200 miles in that 3 weeks :eek: so I am now well ahead of schedule at 487 :)

I don't want to be rude Wiz, but skip the steps, I. need news about the dog. Pup, rescue, breed, is it a he, she. Name, inside leg measurement.......:D
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    bugslet wrote: »
    I don't want to be rude Wiz, but skip the steps, I. need news about the dog. Pup, rescue, breed, is it a he, she. Name, inside leg measurement.......:D

Pup - 8 months
    Rescue of sorts, the family that had him could no longer cope as he grew up
    Breed - Border collie
    He is a He but soon to be neutered
    Name - Duncan
    Inside leg (front) - 27cms
    Distingushing feature - different coloured eyes

DSC_0005_zps8ejry5o2.jpg
  • bugslet
    And ears that could be used for receiving signals from outer space. I had a border collie many years ago. It's fair to say he outclassed his owner and most of the human race;). I currently have three dogs, one of which is an 8 month old giant Schnauzer called Lola :D
  • 43.73 miles to add for me.

I have a chocolate lab but he's getting older and slower. Used to walk for miles with him but we are lucky if he will go round the block these days bless him.
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • Wizard_of_Id
    bugslet wrote: »
    And ears that could be used for receiving signals from outer space. I had a border collie many years ago. It's fair to say he outclassed his owner and most of the human race;). I currently have three dogs, one of which is an 8 month old giant Schnauzer called Lola :D

The ears are a bit :eek: he even sleeps with them up like that :rotfl:
    I should have added that he is not that clever as he still insist on walking across right in front of me no matter how many times I have stood on his feet ir kicked him :o

He also hates getting his picture taken to the point of walking away from his food if he as much as sees the camera.
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Another 70+ mile week for me last week, I'm not sure if I am walking the pup too much or if he is walking me too much :rotfl:

I am walking 2 dogs next week but I won't be able to walk them together as mine is a bit too bouncy round the older dog so I will need to try to balance them out a bit :eek:
  • belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Improvement this week, 42 miles :) must do an annual total so far. Will
    apart op back and update in a min. Need to be over 500 miles by end March I guess!

*update* have walked a total of 441.6 miles against a target of 423.5. Need to do 60 miles in next fortnight to be on target. Pretty sure I can manage that'll
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    57.8 miles done this week for me. Mostly due to a 15 mile run yesterday and a 20 mile run today lol.

385.9 miles total to date for 2017.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Jonbvn
    Jonbvn Posts: 5,562 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Reporting in at the end of the 11th week 19 March 2017:

As of midnight last night, I have walked 1115.81 km (693.33 miles) putting me 422.13 km (262.30 miles) ahead of schedule.

Over a third of the way on my journey!!!
    In case you hadn't already worked it out - the entire global financial system is predicated on the assumption that you're an idiot:cool:
  • bugslet
    Not tallied mine up from last week. 06.00 starts, out in the evening with customers, literally no chance to walk. And today it is bucketing down:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure