credit score gone down from getting a credit card ???

Options
i am looking to get a morgage in the next 6 months.
unfornatly looking at my credit score i have an un paid phone bill (which i have sorted now) and not on electro roll (will be on in december) my score isnt great from these two things but i have always paid phont/car/subscriptions from my bank and apart from that phone bill and a breife stuggle when i was 17 (the insurnace made me overdrawn by a couple of quid)i have been very good. I stuggled to get a bank card and im even more !!!!ed off that barlcyes promised to soft check me and done a hard check that also dented my score. but one thing thats coming up as a negitive now is that i have a credit card and also its bad thats ita only £500. i have been buying fule (aprox 60 month) off it (i have only had the thing for 2 weeks so yet to see if it dose me good) but my question is is how do i get more money? and any tips for using it to get my credit score back up fast.

Comments

• mortage * sorry guys
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Your credit score is fictional and can be ignored. It reacts negatively to change, ie getting the card.

Lenders, however, will view you more positively now you have a credit card.

Use it regularly and clear in full month, once you receive the statement.
  • Car1980
    Car1980 Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You'll get rejected for things immediately if you're not on the electoral role. So don't apply for anything until you're on it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure