Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 March 2017 at 4:17PM
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    As stated my gas account has effectively gone ( and no meter readings shown at all) HOWEVER my electricity account with EON still appears to be live even tho' Iresa told me the take over date was last week. Email sent to Iresa in hope!!
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Haven't had any replies to my query as in post# 361. Can still access my EON account which suggests they think I'm with them for leccy,so have messaged EON this morning.

Happy to check for you brewerdave. Just drop a line to the email address in my Profile with your details and I'll take a look.

Malc

PS (edit): Screenshots of what you're seeing on your online account would be a great help brewerdave. Thanks.
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Maxwell007 wrote: »
    Malc how long does it take to get a final bill,
    my new surplier said they have sent u reading 5days ago . . .
    thanks

Hello Maxwell007 and sorry to lose you.

Following a change of supplier, we aim to send our final bill within 30 days of the account closing. The account won't fully close, though, until we've received the final readings. Totally understand your new supplier has sent them off but they come through a third party (Data Collector) who checks they're in line with past usage at the property. The Data Collector sends the readings to both suppliers so the opening/closing readings match and energy charges aren't duplicated.

If all's well and the readings come through quickly, you'll have your final bill as above. We can't start chasing missing readings until 42 calendar days after the supply end date.

Provided you've registered with our website, you'll be able to see the final bill on there within 24 hours of it being issued.

Hope this helps Maxwell007.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Maxwell007
    Maxwell007 Posts: 312 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Malc
    so does this Switch Guarantee thing make and difference. . .
    Options
    Thanks Malc
    so does this Switch Guarantee thing make and difference. . .

Do you mean the guarantee for switching within the Price Protection window Maxwell007? If you do, the crucial point is when the new supplier contacts us to takeover. Provided they do this inside the window (open 49 calendar days before a fixed term deal ends until 20 working days after), we'll keep accounts on the cheaper prices up until the supply end date. Exit fees also don't apply when inside this window.

When we receive the readings and issue our final bill doesn't affect this. As I say, the crucial thing is when the new supplier contacts us to takeover.

Hope this explains. Let me know if I've misunderstood. Happy to try again.

Malc
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 March 2017 at 10:00PM
    Options
    Recently helped an older relative switch their electric from e.on to Iresa, after we did it for our own electric supply at the end of last year.

Switch has gone very smoothly, with update emails and request for a meter reading for the day of the switch.

All completed well within the 35 day limit, without needing to contact them.

A meter reading was provided at the weekend and it has already appeared in the account, along with the DD credit that was added within a couple of days in the transaction record.

Seems that if you leave them to get on with it, without any changes, or hazzleing them, it can go smoothly!
    Options
    Gambler wrote: »
    Same here, first direct debit 31st Jan and nothing since. At least EON are not taking any further direct debits. I will be in credit when the final bill is calculated.
    Gambler wrote: »
    I still have the ability to enter elec meter readings too. When I tried a few weeks ago it wouldn't work and I got an error message.

Sorry Gambler. Just spotted your post from 7 March.

This is strange. I would've expected the error message you received previously as we lock accounts down once another supplier applies to takeover. Not the ability to enter readings now though. Once at this stage, readings can't be entered as the account will be at what we call 'possible loss' as it waits for readings from the new supplier to come through the third party (Data Collector).

As I offered to brewerdave above (post #372), happy to check from our end. Drop an email to the address in my Profile with your details if you would like me to do this. Screenshots of what you're seeing on your online account would help a lot. Thanks Gambler.

Malc
  • Maxwell007
    Maxwell007 Posts: 312 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Malc,

https://www.energyswitchguarantee.com/signatories/

I see my eon ac but I can't do anything with it,
    I can see my current tariffs is showing as EON Energy Plan
    even tho my switched was completed on the 03/03/17 and my old tariff ended on the 07/03/17, i'm sure all will be fine . .
    Options
    Thanks Malc,

https://www.energyswitchguarantee.com/signatories/

I see my eon ac but I can't do anything with it,
    I can see my current tariffs is showing as EON Energy Plan
    even tho my switched was completed on the 03/03/17 and my old tariff ended on the 07/03/17, i'm sure all will be fine . .

You're welcome Maxwell007. Happy to help.

Although related, the link you've posted is a little different in content to the Price Protection window I mentioned. Don't worry, we follow both.

Not being able to do anything with your online account is what I would've expected. Once another supplier applies to takeover, we lock down online accounts and none of the usual tools (entering readings, changing tariff etc) can be used.

From what you've said, I agree, sounds like you'll be fine and prices will be protected as the switch was done inside the Price Protection window.

Malc
  • beardiedog
    beardiedog Posts: 658 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Seems that if you leave them to get on with it, without any changes, or hazzleing them, it can go smoothly!

My sentiments exactly :)
  • bhoyle
    bhoyle Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    Options
    hi, I just swopped (28 Feb 17) dual fuel from Extra Energy (no problems with them) to Iresa and I'm wondering if it's a mistake.Initially all seemed to go well enough but my on-line account page doesn't give any way to add a Gas reading - the electricity one does and seems to work. I've called their customer services team 3 times over the last few days: caller 32 in queue twice and caller 24 today. I waited 5 minutes each time but didn't move up the queue at all. I also sent 2 emails briefly explaining the problem. No reply to either 1 week later. I wonder about their customer services commitment and if I still get no joy after a few weeks I'll consider changing to another supplier as there are no exit fees on the plan I choose
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure