Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• Nellie35
    Nellie35 Posts: 1,745
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Hopefully they ll have a voucher in the Christmas magazine for 100 points like they did last year :)

Good Morning all and Nellie :)
    Good morning emerald, hope you are well :) Good morning everyone. Off to S this morning to return some ill fitting clothing, anyone else? :rotfl::rotfl: Also have some points that need to be added. Have a good day everyone :)
  • Busylizzie
    Busylizzie Posts: 2,988
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    mhoc wrote: »
    If there are only 4 of you who might be entitled might it be worth a look at this?

https://www.gov.uk/unclaimed-estates-bona-vacantia

The distant cousins name will be on this list

Looking at the list of evidence needed it looks like a daunting task, proving your eligibility and you need to make a family tree with all of the relevant dates ...
    My solicitor has free initial half hour appointments so it might be the same with yours - do your initial research first and see what you think - these inheritance firms charge very high fees, no idea how much exactly but it might be a percentage (plus costs and VAT) .....

I think one of the other heirs has initiated the claim with a solicitor and I think it was the solicitor who instructed the hunter firm to draw up the family tree and contact the relatives. So I suppose I just have to wait for further information?
  • mhoc wrote: »
    If there are only 4 of you who might be entitled might it be worth a look at this?

https://www.gov.uk/unclaimed-estates-bona-vacantia

The distant cousins name will be on this list

Looking at the list of evidence needed it looks like a daunting task, proving your eligibility and you need to make a family tree with all of the relevant dates ...
    My solicitor has free initial half hour appointments so it might be the same with yours - do your initial research first and see what you think - these inheritance firms charge very high fees, no idea how much exactly but it might be a percentage (plus costs and VAT) .....

Yes, this happened to me and the genealogist who informed us would not disclose who it was that had left the money and we had no idea who it was, and it turned out to be a great uncle who we knew nothing of. Anyway the genealogist company took nearly half of the entire estate which was quite substantial. Unfortunately it was divided into loads of recipients so wasnt a huge sum in the end. So if you can investigate yourself and bypass the genealogist you will be a lot better off.
    Good luck
  • Nannylala
    Nannylala Posts: 6,791 Forumite
    Good morning :hello::hello: first job this morning is to clear the front lawn ..a fox has ripped a rubbish bag open and strewn the contents every where :eek::eek:before the dustman arrived ..:(
  • Busylizzie
    Busylizzie Posts: 2,988
    Forumite
    Yes, this happened to me and the genealogist who informed us would not disclose who it was that had left the money and we had no idea who it was, and it turned out to be a great uncle who we knew nothing of. Anyway the genealogist company took nearly half of the entire estate which was quite substantial. Unfortunately it was divided into loads of recipients so wasnt a huge sum in the end. So if you can investigate yourself and bypass the genealogist you will be a lot better off.
    Good luck

Think I will ring the Treasury Solicitor and take it from there.... Thanks :)
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262
    Forumite
    Freecycle - sometimes you just despair, this is a message from this mornings crop

notice how many times the word "new" comes up

"WANTED: Wanted NEW HOUSE stuff!
    My boyfriend and I are moving house soon, and are looking for new furniture or anything needed in a new house! Let me know what you've got!"
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 17 October 2016 at 9:42AM
    mhoc wrote: »
    Freecycle - sometimes you just despair, this is a message from this mornings crop

notice how many times the word "new" comes up

"WANTED: Wanted NEW HOUSE stuff!
    My boyfriend and I are moving house soon, and are looking for new furniture or anything needed in a new house! Let me know what you've got!"

:rotfl:

Well I suppose if you don't ask, you don't get, but the word 'nearly' would have gone a long way in soothing readers' ruffled feathers.

I'd be telling them that I've got plenty of new stuff, but it isn't actually available...

PO and B00ts for me in a bit - got a few days off so need to catch up on collections.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• emmad5689
    emmad5689 Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Morning all, got over £100 on nectar is morning so really pleased. Unless a glitch pops up today I am not venturing o a shop been in them too much thes last few days so this morning I am making Xmas presents and this afternoon I am child minding although one child and she may have a sleep so may be able to still do what I want xx
    To get to Disneyland Florida 2016
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262
    Forumite
    :rotfl:

Well I suppose if you don't ask, you don't get, but the word 'nearly' would have gone a long way in soothing readers' ruffled feathers.

I'd be telling them that I've got plenty of new stuff, but it isn't actually available...

Sadly it does seem to be with some youngsters a sense of entitlement and when they move to a place every single item has to be brand new and shiny and they have to have everything right now even if it means maxing out the credit card

I do try to install thrift into my gang but sometimes you do wonder. Eldest son and BF went to the hospice warehouse place and they were very impressed with the variety and quality of furniture etc on display and even more impressed with the prices. I said that they could in theory buy small pieces of furniture for now and then items could go back if the next place was bigger/smaller/differently shaped so at least they were spending their money for a good cause and they could change things if something else came along etc

Then they went to Ikea and spent over £110 .....:(
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Westvleteren
    Westvleteren Posts: 4,489 Forumite
    14731313_1218833474842239_1798856568614746235_n.png?oh=175cbb7c18bd683cd4e6b6d625bfbb40&oe=5862EDC2

This kid is going places :D
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure