EE's 4g price plans released

Options

Comments

• bobster999
    Options
    I'm loving the fact that people blindly dumped their previous network to join EE without knowing the prices.

500mb of data will be sucked up like a sponge with a speed of 12mb/s
  • Kingsd316
    Kingsd316 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    No word on current t mobile/orange customers, but to be honest i wont be moving across, ridiculous allowances!
    :beer:
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    as i asid onthe other thread ridiculous pricing whose going to pay 36 a month for less data than they prob have now
    What goes around-comes around
  • samizdat
    samizdat Posts: 398 Forumite
    edited 23 October 2012 at 11:48AM
    Options
    jayme1 wrote: »
    I said before the aim of the game for EE just now is to price it right to tempt people in order to lock them in for 12 or 24 months before EEs competitors come to market next year, that's when the prices for LTE will be driven down.

Yes, but they will clearly fail to tempt enough people at these ridiculous prices.

I was very pessimistic, but EE has managed to fall short of my exceedingly low expectations.

Edit: The SIM-only deals are OK for people who don't really use any data, but want to talk a lot. A bit of an irony for a new high-speed data network.
  • Tony5101
    Tony5101 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Looks like you can add voice/text roaming on to the price plans for £5 per month, which sounds like a bit of a bargain IMO.
    Includes calls to/from European landlines and mobiles.
    Doesn't mention roaming data costs though.
  • Kingsd316
    Kingsd316 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 23 October 2012 at 12:13PM
    Options
    If T Mobile/Orange allow you to move across with no penalty does that mean you can take a sim only package of greater value than your current contract?

For example someone who took a full monty and Iphone 5, (£36 a month) could they then move to EE on a sim only 5gb allowance at £36 a month as you already have the Iphone 5 which is not part of the actual service contract which they are allowing you to cancel to move to EE?

If that is the case then ive changed my mind and will be moving but cannot see how this would be allowed
    :beer:
  • Mic2904
    Mic2904 Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kingsd316 wrote: »
    If T Mobile/Orange allow you to move across with no penalty does that mean you can take a sim only package of greater value than your current contract?

For example someone who took a full monty and Iphone 5, (£36 a month) could they then move to EE on a sim only 5gb allowance at £36 a month as you already have the Iphone 5 which is not part of the actual service contract which they are allowing you to cancel to move to EE?

If that is the case then ive changed my mind and will be moving but cannot see how this would be allowed

Would I be entitled to a Sim Only deal with EE when I have received my Iphone 5 on releaseday from Orange? Or do I have to take a contract?

Might stay for now though. My area has no 4g coverage for now anyway...

Markus
  • Tony5101
    Tony5101 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    According to their site, you must be in the first 6 months of your plan with either Tmob or Orange, and you must hand your handset back.
    You then start a new 24 month contract with EE.
  • bobster999
    Options
    a site i read this morning said that DC-HSPA will be avilable to 40% of the country by the end of this year and the it should be completely rolled out by the end of 2014.

and its faster than 4g too and wont cost extra as its just the HSPA lines upgraded.
  • MillicentBystander
    Options
    Maybe I'm missing summat here but why would anyone be in the slightest bit interested at these prices??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure