Options

Comments

• fossman
    fossman Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Terry98 wrote: »
    Thanks for the information.

How did you find out your cabinet was fully subscribed? Presumably you did an online price enquiry with another ISP and they told you fibre was not available on your line.

Did they upgrade you from 38mb to 76mb ?

I went on BT's website and it said fibre was available at my address but I could only order standard broadband at this time and the SSE website said they could not provide fibre at my address.

They did not upgrade me from 38mb to 76mb but I did add a £5 fast fibre boost, I will see how my speed compares once it is active and can remove it if the speeds aren't great.
    Cashback earned
    Quidco : £858 :)
    Pigsback : £20 and a Beatles CD.
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    [QUOTE=fossman;71464925
    They did not upgrade me from 38mb to 76mb but I did add a £5 fast fibre boost,.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that the same as up to 38mb? https://help2.talktalk.co.uk/can-i-get-superfast-fibre-broadband
  • fossman
    fossman Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Terry98 wrote: »

Yes, so I am paying £25 per month for the 38mb package and then an additional £5 per month for the speed boost.
    Cashback earned
    Quidco : £858 :)
    Pigsback : £20 and a Beatles CD.
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    edited 17 October 2016 at 12:56PM
    Options
    LesU wrote: »
    I'm very pleased with the new packages. As my 'hook-in' incentive prices were stopping, my monthly payments for Plus TV fibre + unlimited calls+line rental rose to £48, set to go to £51. I was about to start looking around for alternative suppliers.
    The new deal, which I set up on-line in about 5 minutes, gives me Fibre+unlimited+line rental (I've ditched the expensive TV boost, I only went for it because it was part of the initial promotion) for £32 p.m.. Talktalk refunded my 1 month outstanding advance line rental automatically. I now can't find an equivalent that will stay cheaper for 18 months, so I'm staying with Talktalk.
    One aspect of the new packages that nobody has mentioned, is that the monthly price is fixed for 18 months. As the prices for broadband and phone seem to rise every 6 months this is a significant extra.
    Hi LesU, curious about you one month upfront refund.
    When I did mine, on the phone,friday, the guy said he would refund my one month, to my TT a/c, I asked why not back to my bank, he said, that's how it works, but, after being 15+ years,with TT, I've never had a refund back to my bank a/c, and done several early changes..
    I will wait to see if my first bill, in Nov, has that refund deducted, otherwise, How do I get at it £16?
    No good sat in my TT a/c.I have, in the past, renewed after my 12 months, and been charged for the one month,extra, pro rata.
    Have you checked your bank to see if it's refunded to your bank, or to your TT a/c?:beer:
  • LesU
    LesU Posts: 338 Forumite
    Options
    It was refunded to my TalkTalk account and was taken off the next bill (just been paid). This was no problem for me because I had just renewed for 18 months, so first months payment was about half my standard month's payment.
  • joe134
    Options
    It was refunded to my TalkTalk account and was taken off the next bill (just been paid). This was no problem for me because I had just renewed for 18 months, so first months payment was about half my standard month's payment.
    Thanks LesU, that's what I'm expecting.
    The 18 months contract for both, is far better than LL for 12 months and BB 18 months.
    Was always a pain .:beer:
  • richardse6
    Options
    I joined TT three months ago on a 18 month contract and got an email saying they are increasing my payment from £47.70 to £50.85 so £37.80 per yr. I'm a bit annoyed as I also signed up for a fixed price contract. When I joined I received a set top box worth £180 apparently and £100 in vouchers ( which Ive spent!).
    Anyone know if I cancelled would I have to give the box back....??

I think if you cancel they charge you a deferred fee of £75.00 for the TV Box.

This is a nonsense. I also have an 18 month half price TV package and phone package at £10.00 a month for 18 months. They emailed me to say my charges go from £27.70 a month to £40.00 on 15 November even though the contract runs until January 2017. This can't be true. On the phone they've now told me that they can put the charge up when they like. Half price for 18 months shouldn't mean half price for 15 months!!
  • joe134
    Options
    richardse6 wrote: »
    I think if you cancel they charge you a deferred fee of £75.00 for the TV Box.

This is a nonsense. I also have an 18 month half price TV package and phone package at £10.00 a month for 18 months. They emailed me to say my charges go from £27.70 a month to £40.00 on 15 November even though the contract runs until January 2017. This can't be true. On the phone they've now told me that they can put the charge up when they like. Half price for 18 months shouldn't mean half price for 15 months!!
    they can, if they give due notice.even these new 18 month ones we have just taken out.
    he told me that when I renewed friday.
    stinks, but they have got us.
    they can blame brexit now:rotfl:
  • LesU
    LesU Posts: 338 Forumite
    Options
    I don't see how Talktalk can put up my monthly payment for the next 18 months when their welcome e-mail quite clearly states:-

' Your broadband package £27
    Fixed price for 18 months.'

Additionally in the small print terms and conditions on the new packages web page it states:-

These Fixed Price Plans will have no price increases on the monthly charges during the minimum contract period (this does not include Boosts or other charges, such as movies or calls).

I think these packages are perhaps different to previous deals with a fixed price. The price promise couldn't be clearer.
  • joe134
    Options
    I don't see how Talktalk can put up my monthly payment for the next 18 months when their welcome e-mail quite clearly states:-

' Your broadband package £27
    Fixed price for 18 months.'

Additionally in the small print terms and conditions on the new packages web page it states:-

These Fixed Price Plans will have no price increases on the monthly charges during the minimum contract period (this does not include Boosts or other charges, such as movies or calls).

I think these packages are perhaps different to previous deals with a fixed price. The price promise couldn't be clearer.
    Like you, I was to understand it was fixed;
    Only going by what he said on the phone, " if any increase, due notice will be given"?. He was waffling a bit.
    I even got charged for going over the hour on their 0845 number, to arrange it.
    2 minutes.Cannot be bothered ringing again.
    I didn't question it, should have.
    I expected my new plan to kick in ,in November, as my billing date is 16th of each month, and I only phoned on the 15th.
    Surprise when my bill for this month was in credit, so, he did it straight away.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure