IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

VCS/BW Legel, Landlord Told Them To Cancel PCN

Comments

• Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I may have skim read this, but have you got written confirmation from the landlord regarding the cancellation?
    this important question appears to have gone un-answered lost in a so and so phoned so and so.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 3 October 2016 at 7:48PM
    Airwulf wrote: »
    Well make some progress with this, contacted landlord who has now emailed VCS again instructing them to cancel the ticket immediately (whcih i now have a copy as well as the previous requests). Will see if they respond, pretty dirty tactics to ignore the landlords instructions and attempt to obtain money by deception along with BW Legal

Well done, you now have it in writing.
    The landlord is the boss not the stupid VCS and BWlegal

Just for your safety, tell BWlegal in writing that this will be cancelled by VCS
    No need to give them a copy from the landlord, let them work it out.
    Maybe then BWLegal will invoice VCS and send them stupid letters.

Any more rubbish from BWLegal will demand yet another severe complaint to the SRA.

This is just like "Jungle book" with all the monkeys swinging around in the trees
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Airwulf wrote: »
    Yeap damn right I am gonna complain, Also considering further action in regards to the fact they had been told two previous times to cancel by the lawfully by their client the landlord but still escalated it to BW Legal, which in my view could be classed as attempted obtaining money by deception which is borderline being a criminal act.

Have you seen this thread - we need formal complaints NOW to M.P.s and Mrs May, while the Government's ear is apparently listening:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5524754&page=6

Please take an hour or so out this week, to write about this pathetic harassment and attempt to 'credit clamp' your finances, to Mrs May and your MP.

As well as complaining to the CRA and SRA about BW Legal's misleading letters and awful business practice.

There is a SRA complaint here, modified by me, posting there as SchoolRunMum (I didn't write it though, hat tip to a legally-qualified contact and occasional poster who knows the score re PPCs):

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=107836

CSA and SRA complaints on this thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5490266

Obviously, make sure anything you send is applicable to your own case and your own letters and if you wish to write your own, do so.

Fight back!

:cool:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Well just to update this, contacted the landlord who has now sent me copied of the requests to cancel the PCN 3 times (he as really helpful). I have emailed BW Legal twice with no reply in the last 2 weeks since sending them. They put a disclaimer about response times which is pathetic, as I wont call them or use their website as I stated all communication is only accepted by letter or email (sorry dont trust theses idiots). So I am now just going to dare them take this to court now, but VCS as also just as bad as no communication has come from them either.

But now i have written evidence dont think theses fools have a leg to stand on if they push it to court :)
  • beamerguy
    AirWulf wrote: »
    Well just to update this, contacted the landlord who has now sent me copied of the requests to cancel the PCN 3 times (he as really helpful). I have emailed BW Legal twice with no reply in the last 2 weeks since sending them. They put a disclaimer about response times which is pathetic, as I wont call them or use their website as I stated all communication is only accepted by letter or email (sorry dont trust theses idiots). So I am now just going to dare them take this to court now, but VCS as also just as bad as no communication has come from them either.

But now i have written evidence dont think theses fools have a leg to stand on if they push it to court :)

Perfect, it is likely that BWLegal will ignore you again.

I wonder what they think they can win on in court

However if you complain again TO the SRA about BWLEGAL and their activities, its another letter to show in court.
  • Well if they did push this to court then they will lose and of course they be liable for my costs, Im pretty relaxed about this now and I am dying to call their bluff

The landlord is VCS customer so he is pretty annoyed with them (if you seen his final email).

So a complaint will be going into the SRA for the £54 charge and lack of communication or/an being ignored
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    As BG says, complain to the SRA as that extra £54 is ultra vires, . they know it but they persist in what can only be described as fraud.

They are already under investigation by the SRA and every additional complaint drives another nail in the coffin.

Write to Duncan Allen, here.

http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor.page
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    As well as contacting the SRA , as well as all other parties ( such as the prime minister etc) The OP shold also contact VCs demanding that they cease all communications, and remove all personal data, or issue court proceedings immediately, which will be robustly challenged with a full costs claim made against Simon Rensahw-Smiths VCS for their unreasonable actions
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • AirWulf_2
    AirWulf_2 Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 22 October 2016 at 1:44PM
    Half_way wrote: »
    As well as contacting the SRA , as well as all other parties ( such as the prime minister etc) The OP shold also contact VCs demanding that they cease all communications, and remove all personal data, or issue court proceedings immediately, which will be robustly challenged with a full costs claim made against Simon Rensahw-Smiths VCS for their unreasonable actions

Well looks like BW Legal & VCS stilll not cancelled this, and BW Legal are saying, As I had no valid permit then its still outstanding and regardless of how many times the Land Lord or Freeholder requests it to be cancelled BW Legal wont cancel it".

So can they still chase this regardless of what the landowner says?

Another point is that their is a take away as well where the customerss park in the same area and on many occasions the VCS mobile patrol does not issue tickets so could I also argue that I am being unfairly treated as well?
  • beamerguy
    edited 22 October 2016 at 1:52PM
    AirWulf wrote: »
    Well looks like BW Legal & VCS stilll not cancelled this, and BW Legal are saying, As I had no valid permit then its still outstanding and regardless of how many times the Land Lord or Freeholder requests it to be cancelled BW Legal wont cancel it".

So can they still chase this regardless of what the landowner says?

Who is the boss of this outfit ??? VCS or the landlord

Love to see what a judge would say, ignoring the landlords request and then wasting the courts time. A claim against BWLegal is in order.

And, a further complaint to the SRA about this disgusting solicitor

BWLegal are only 3rd party on behalf of VCS. The landlord should kick VCS out
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure