student discount inc Open Uni students

I thought that I'd post about a student discount app called Unidays.
This enables all students to get discounts through their app.
Just thought students especially Open Uni students that don't have student cards to get discounts (i'm open uni student myself).
Quick and simple to join up and discounts online and instore.

Hope this helps people :)
:smileyhea:heart: Mrs Lea Nov 5th '11 :heart::smileyhea

Comments

• DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    kal25 wrote: »
    I thought that I'd post about a student discount app called Unidays.
    This enables all students to get discounts through their app.
    Just thought students especially Open Uni students that don't have student cards to get discounts (i'm open uni student myself).
    Quick and simple to join up and discounts online and instore.

Hope this helps people :)

OU students are eligible for an NUS card, OUSA card, as well as unidays. So you can quite easily get a student card.

5 years at OU. Shameful teaching quality.
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    OUSA cards were scrapped last year.
    I'm now into my third and final year at the OU and while I've not had an issue with teaching quality I have an issue with the utter idiocy of the new tutorial system. I attended my first tutorial today- in Leeds. I live in Leicester and there were others in my tutor group who had been allocated a tutor in Nottingham when they lived in Leeds. I chose to travel to Leeds and fork out for a hotel so I could actually get some time with my own tutor- and bear in mind I have several significant disabilities. I'm going to a brick uni for my MA next year and part of me is actually looking forward to some proper organisation!
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • DomRavioli
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Mrs_Ryan wrote: »
    OUSA cards were scrapped last year.
    I'm now into my third and final year at the OU and while I've not had an issue with teaching quality I have an issue with the utter idiocy of the new tutorial system. I attended my first tutorial today- in Leeds. I live in Leicester and there were others in my tutor group who had been allocated a tutor in Nottingham when they lived in Leeds. I chose to travel to Leeds and fork out for a hotel so I could actually get some time with my own tutor- and bear in mind I have several significant disabilities. I'm going to a brick uni for my MA next year and part of me is actually looking forward to some proper organisation!

I'm 5 years in, with significant disabilities also. Ended up with one tutor moving to another country part way through a 60 credit year long course (so 5 months without a tutor), one got sacked for not marking TMAs, the others have been average. This is my second degree, my first through OU.

I can't even travel to the end of my street - let alone another town.
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    DomRavioli wrote: »
    I'm 5 years in, with significant disabilities also. Ended up with one tutor moving to another country part way through a 60 credit year long course (so 5 months without a tutor), one got sacked for not marking TMAs, the others have been average. This is my second degree, my first through OU.

I can't even travel to the end of my street - let alone another town.

I guess I've been lucky. My mentor is a tutor with the OU and she is absolutely one in a million. She's absolutely brilliant. She teaches Social Sciences and I'm an English student but the second I have a problem she's on it. I'm not daft enough to think everyone has as good an experience as me as I know I'm insanely lucky. I've sat on enough Disability Experience Workshops and been enough involved with the DSG to know that there's a shed load of crap dealt out by the OU especially to Disabled students. The tutorial debacle is one of them. Presumably though you have access to online tutorials- something which I haven't as even if my computer was compatible with the software they use (it isn't) I couldn't hear them anyway. (Something which the SST told me to solve by 'turning my computer up' ignoring the fact it says on my student profile that I'm very hard of hearing)
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • DomRavioli
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Mrs_Ryan wrote: »
    I guess I've been lucky. My mentor is a tutor with the OU and she is absolutely one in a million. She's absolutely brilliant. She teaches Social Sciences and I'm an English student but the second I have a problem she's on it. I'm not daft enough to think everyone has as good an experience as me as I know I'm insanely lucky. I've sat on enough Disability Experience Workshops and been enough involved with the DSG to know that there's a shed load of crap dealt out by the OU especially to Disabled students. The tutorial debacle is one of them. Presumably though you have access to online tutorials- something which I haven't as even if my computer was compatible with the software they use (it isn't) I couldn't hear them anyway. (Something which the SST told me to solve by 'turning my computer up' ignoring the fact it says on my student profile that I'm very hard of hearing)

I've only had one tutor do online tutorials - and being visually impaired, I can't see the materials they use as I can't zoom in on the software (same boat!). My mentor is amazing as well, so understanding and although I get extra time to do exams I don't get anyone to help (I don't get large print either), does my head in!

I've had three amazing tutors, and a few who have been so horrible towards my disability, one even said if I couldn't do the work I should just quit - it wasn't the work (I got a high 2:1 on that course) it was the tutor. I must admit I seem to have had some right numpty tutors, my mentor has five other students and they haven't had half as many issues.

The same tutor who told me to quit said there was nothing on file about me having a disability - this was my 6th course, I had a DSA award, and I sent him an email before the course started to make him aware. He was just an absolute nugget!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure