Tax certificate (for proof of interest earned) for Lloyds TSB Vantage Account?

Comments

• msauk
    msauk Posts: 32
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks for the bump!

Wonder how long it will be before Lloyds make available certificates of interest for the financial year ending April 2014...
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    msauk wrote: »
    Thanks for the bump!

Wonder how long it will be before Lloyds make available certificates of interest for the financial year ending April 2014...

My first Halifax one has arrived. I'm due a few more though.
  • Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite

I've got the one for the account I upgraded to Club Lloyds, still waiting for the still Vantage one though.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Forumite
    I'm not sure why people are whooping with joy that having a facility to order and wait for a piece of paper in the post has saved so much time of phoning or writing to the bank...

Surely we all have internet access to our Vantage accounts, and the account has a search facility covering a date range of 3 months at a time, going back 10 years plus. So in no more than 4 searches you have your figure for what you got in whatever tax year. This will get you the answer in 5 minutes, rather than waiting a week for Lloyds and your postman to arrange an old duplicate certificate for you, (or waiting a month for the 2013/14 certificate to become available, then ordering it, then waiting delivery).

If you need a paper record of this for some reason, rather than just having the data electronically, you can hit print, or simply write the number down on a piece of paper to put in your cupboard ?
  • bob792
    bob792 Posts: 109
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    bowlhead99 wrote: »
    Surely we all have internet access to our Vantage accounts, and the account has a search facility covering a date range of 3 months at a time, going back 10 years plus. So in no more than 4 searches you have your figure for what you got in whatever tax year. This will get you the answer in 5 minutes

It takes more than 5 minutes to go through each account with 4 searches to extract 12 numbers and add them up. I have 3 Lloyds accounts, 3 BoS and 5 TSB and many here have more than this. At least with paper statements, if you can wait long enough before completing the tax return, you get a total per account on a statement eventually, but you don't have this option with TSB as this is a feature that you can't get with online statements.

It would be really useful if LBG could introduce a feature for showing annual interest online like Nationwide. Come on Lloyds, how about it?
  • Yorkie1
    Yorkie1 Posts: 11,537
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for the bump!

For accounts with paper statements, I think it comes in the statement automatically - so if you're on quarterly interest, you may have to wait a couple of months.

I've just had it through on 1 of my 3 accounts.
  • matty_art
    matty_art Posts: 219
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Has the way of ordering an annual interest summary now changed? Can't find it on my Club Lloyds online account.
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,794
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 4 June 2014 at 10:15AM
    matty_art wrote: »
    Has the way of ordering an annual interest summary now changed? Can't find it on my Club Lloyds online account.

It is there although it is somewhat buried in the menu structure.

Here is a direct link to the form that you use.

https://secure.lloydsbank.com/online_forms/contact_us/enquiry/form.asp
  • matty_art
    matty_art Posts: 219
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    noh wrote: »
    It is there although it is somewhat buried in the menu structure.

Here is a direct link to the form that you use.

https://secure.lloydsbank.com/online_forms/contact_us/enquiry/form.asp

Great, thanks for that. No option to request one for 2013/14 yet incidentally.
  • lejog2003
    lejog2003 Posts: 202 Forumite
    bowlhead99 wrote: »
    I'm not sure why people are whooping with joy that having a facility to order and wait for a piece of paper in the post has saved so much time of phoning or writing to the bank...

Surely we all have internet access to our Vantage accounts, and the account has a search facility covering a date range of 3 months at a time, going back 10 years plus. So in no more than 4 searches you have your figure for what you got in whatever tax year. This will get you the answer in 5 minutes, rather than waiting a week for Lloyds and your postman to arrange an old duplicate certificate for you, (or waiting a month for the 2013/14 certificate to become available, then ordering it, then waiting delivery).

If you need a paper record of this for some reason, rather than just having the data electronically, you can hit print, or simply write the number down on a piece of paper to put in your cupboard ?

Probably because if the tax man audits your return you will have to present him with the official tax statements from the interest-paying body, not printed copies of statements. Since I'm retired and am currently in the 10% tax band for savings (by choice I hasten to add), I was audited last year when I requested a sizeable refund and HMRC required the correct documentation (which I had). This also happened to me once when I was working and paying 40% tax.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure