Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Companies who give donations?

planky
planky Posts: 147 Forumite
Does anyone have any names of larger companies who dontate to fundraising events? All suggestions are welcome

Comments

• ktflosspot
    ktflosspot Posts: 1,641 Forumite
    Hi There,
    I have had donations from lager companies in the past but only through "a friend of a friend" so to speak.
    From past experince I have always found that the more local the company is the more likely you are to receive something. However nowadays most of the large companys have charitys that they sponsor on a regular basis so you normally get a polite "sorry but we sponsor ......" reply. Stick to people close by and try local shops , cinemas ect.
    GOOD LUCK xx
    :AIt matters not how long a stars shines ,what is remembered is the brightness of it's light.
    JAN Battle attacks cars, 3 VIP althletics tickets, fairtrade choccy .... yum

Thanks to all posters xxxx
  • Taffoire
    Taffoire Posts: 291 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    our PTA frequently gets donations from Asda, our local one is very helpful.

What sort of donations are you looking for? We usually ask for food (hot dogs, buns etc) to sell, and then there's local "attractions" we approach who will usually provide us with a family entrance ticket (Folly Farm who are local to us have been wonderful to us in the past).

HTH

Taff xx
    our PTA frequently gets donations from Asda, our local one is very helpful.

What sort of donations are you looking for? We usually ask for food (hot dogs, buns etc) to sell, and then there's local "attractions" we approach who will usually provide us with a family entrance ticket (Folly Farm who are local to us have been wonderful to us in the past).

HTH

Taff xx

Anything is welcome - will contact our local Asda and see if they can offer anything, also we've got a community farm and entrance tickets would make a great raffle prize. Thanks for you help x
  • It's always worth checking out company websites to see if they have any information on there about their corporate social responsibility as this may have details of their charitable donations and areas they support. I know our company has local committees who have a budget to give donations (I'm the chair of one of them - will drop you a PM) and this is becoming more and more widespread. However, don't get down when you do get some 'no's' as a lot of companies give on a large scale corporate basis rather than with individual grants. I'm just very lucky to work for a company that does both

JM xx
    Proud to be dealing with my debts :T DFW Nerd: 241
  • Its worth contacting large companies if you have a specific idea in mind, and can explain what it means to them and what they can do to help, rather than soliciting a random donation.

We recently had a Can-castle challenge across a number of sites, the idea being that staff and local business would donate cans and then distribute them to local charities (Help the aged, RSPCA, A local breakfast club etc). We explained that each site had a limited amount of time to "Build" a castle and that we would be inviting the local press to take pictures, plus lots of local word of mouth.(Excellent publicity for them)

Heinz were fatastic and donated 15,000 cans!

Local supermarkets gave 10% off to anyone buying cans for the project, Asda again were brilliant with a huge donation.

My company allow us each one day a year (On full pay!) with a budget of up to £500 to spend on community activities (The last one my team painted a community centre and made storage for a pre-school group in a run-down area) and I have found B&Q to be wonderfull with donations (Usually from the end of ranges/reduced sections for free!) or a discount.

Make sure that you explain the good publicty surrounding it, and follow up on it by sending a newspaper clip, or a thank-you letter from the charity (I did both on the community centre project) you build good relationships and they can see the benefit, and are more willing to help out in the future.

Hope this helps

Winky x
    Right now I'm having amnesia and deja- vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure