The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2012 Grocery Challenge!!!!! REALLLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Comments

• kezlou
    kezlou Posts: 3,283 Forumite
    Hi please could you me down for £300 from now till the end of December.

I was going to put the budget for less but just checked the cats supplies and they have drastically dwindled. Also have to buy flea stuff again, So another £18 for that, still better than £45+ from the vets!

In January i'm going to set us an annual budget of £2600 which works out about £50 a week. We've had a massive outlay the 8 months due to building work being done in the house. Yes shockingly my landlords been repairs. Well forced into it but at least its getting done, so going to go back the way we were and get back to debt busting.

Well i know i'll be spending today, have to buy more milk again.

thanks for the starting the new thread and monthly challenge :)
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,842
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Budgets done to here :) If you would like to have your budget listed on the first page of the thread please try to post big and red so I can spot it - thank you :A

Welcome - medusasmummy

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • VickyV
    VickyV Posts: 247
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi,

I've not been doing the GC up until now but want to start in December with 260. :eek: Can I join at this late stage? If so my month starts on the 24th Nov and will end on Christmas Eve!

x
    Grocery challenge:December 2022 £151.96/£400 . Advent decluttering challenge 47/240.
  • PLease up me down for 186 for this month i am going for a five week month up to 29th dec..... thank you
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
  • Just nipping in to add myself to the list, then back to the November thread :)
    €280 please - adding €30 on to cover extra bits for the holidays.
    Attempting to stay on track in the Grocery Challenge!

Occasionally blogging at CookingTheBooks!
  • Hi
    I will aim for £400 again for dec. It's going to be really difficult, with Christmas !
  • Shortie
    Shortie Posts: 2,224
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    An early report but we had a Mr T order delivered today £66.82. It should have been a bit more but a fresh chicken was refunded as it was under weight :/

I could have done without it today in the end as my pay was mucked up big time but it was too late to cancel it by the time I got to work to find out. Hey ho

But, this shop saw us getting a few little sweet treats in for Christmas (savoury treats in the next shop) and a fair bit of store cupboard stuff and meat to see us through 2 weeks. The mince should last longer - I got a decent amount as it was on offer... The only things we "should" need over the next 2 weeks are fresh things like top ups of milk, bread and fruit. I hope :o

We have stuff in already of course to top up what we bought
    April 2021 Grocery Challenge 34.29 / 250
  • elly2
    elly2 Posts: 556
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi after loosing the plot for Nov GC I'm in for Dec starting from the 26th (pay day I think) £50 per week please x
  • logging down my first spend of dec ~sainsburys and hb in the little shopping centre .... got four bags of dried skimmed milk for 1.01 each THATS CHEAP and its only used in my tea and cooking
    HE has his semi skimmed from iceland
    the hard part is being on holiday and getting more walking in... a walk to the shops here there and every where lol i do not need an excuse to spend
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
  • £310. for me for december please. i do a calender month so will be over to you on 1st dec when nov challenge finished.
    nov grocery challenge, £.227.69/300, 9/25 nsd: , 7 Cmo, 10 egm.
    Me, 10 yo dd, and the dog. all food and drinks, in and out, plus household shopping.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure