IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Fight the French

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,155
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 17 July 2017 at 4:45PM
    Can you imagine if this was read across to a murder case?

This isn't the actual knife used in the murder, but we think it looks a bit like the one that was used, although we don't actually have the murder weapon in our possesion. The prosecution would like to enter it into evidence as exhibit A.

Guilty as charged, take him/her down!
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Cygnus_Alpha
    Cygnus_Alpha Posts: 191 Forumite
    Right, I have fired off a FoI request to the trust for sight of the contract with Indigo.

Let's see what they come back with.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Right, I have fired off a FoI request to the trust for sight of the contract with Indigo.

They don't have a contract. They have a 20 year lease which runs out next year. Indigo were in fact the occupiers who could issue any rules they wanted - until next year.

The contract to manage parking there has just been advertised.
  • Cygnus_Alpha
    Cygnus_Alpha Posts: 191 Forumite
    They don't have a contract. They have a 20 year lease which runs out next year. Indigo were in fact the occupiers who could issue any rules they wanted - until next year.

Thanks. That's interesting.

The trust say on their website that they have a contract which allows Indigo to "prosecute" and issue "fines". So let's see how they respond.
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    beamerguy wrote: »
    Nice but they will ignore. If you have an NHS Trust who is that
    ignorant, vindictive and stupid towards their staff, it will be water
    off a ducks back.

10,000 permits issued for some 1000 spaces seems to me a scam and bordering on a ponzi scheme
    Such schemes promise something that does not exist

My curious mind wonders about the financial arrangement on this
    Who says it's just a "financial" arrangement? ;)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,639
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    How can they take on another PPC, if in Wales parking charges in Hospitals are not allowed and I thought they were only able to continue with existing contracts until they end?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    How can they take on another PPC, if in Wales parking charges in Hospitals are not allowed and I thought they were only able to continue with existing contracts until they end?

It ends in 2018 which is why the next contract is "interesting" as they say.

Which is also why this pantomime was also interesting. Pity about the clown though.

Anyway my view was this case was about costs and not the authority, permit or amount.
  • TrickyWicky
    TrickyWicky Posts: 4,025 Forumite
    If you ever read what's on the Daily Mail comments about parking you'd think that the motorist had deserved getting the ticket most of the time!

If you read all the commenters on there today over this story you'd think that the general public despise the NHS for some reason. The amount of hate spilling out of them is beyond belief. It's no wonder so many nurses and doctors are quitting the UK.

Christ they're only trying to save lives..
  • TrickyWicky
    TrickyWicky Posts: 4,025 Forumite
    Guys_Dad wrote: »
    Now how you magic additional space is beyond me.

Well thats easy, you put up temporary multi storey car parks. They're essentially giant meccano kits but larger (and yes they exist - google image them).
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,029
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite

Let's see what they come back with.

blah blah blah commercial confidentially at a guess.

It also made it to Radio 4 just after 5pm here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08xxddk#play starts at 18min 10 ( available for 29days)

No doubt the PPC's in particular Indigo will be crowing over this, and thats a good thing, as the more the PPCs stick their head above the parapet then the more people will see just what these companies are up to.
    As for publicity, it would be better to focus on how Nurses, Care workers, Porters and other essential Hospital staff are falling victim, as opposed to just Nurses and Doctors.

Depending on how things go, and on how well the publicity machine can dish the dirt on PPCs at Hospitals, things may not look too good for the PPCs, as they hopefully will fall victim to their own greed.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure