Cheap airport lounge access

Options

Comments

• The_Old_Bag
    The_Old_Bag Posts: 4,706 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anyone used the MSEGIFT code to buy a lounge pass for use in 2017?
    I followed the link from MSE, got a price for a lounge pass, added the code above, and it reduced the price..... which is great.
    But so far it has not asked me any questions about when I am travelling.

When I go through holiday extras etc it starts off asking me which airport and day and time etc....

I don't want to buy a discounted pass, and then find it refused...... not very MSE !!

Thanks for any help.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This presumably the option you were choosing...
    Buy a voucher for a specific lounge. In this case, you have to choose a specific lounge now, and get 33% off the price. You don't need to choose a specific date yet.

A couple of lines above that it says...
    They can be redeemed on bookings between 1 Jan 2018 and 31 Dec 2018.

It seems pretty clear to me that it will almost certainly be refused.
  • jadex
    jadex Posts: 754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 November 2017 at 6:38PM
    Options
    Often pointless exercise: you got your paid for lounge card, turn up at the airport, head down to lounge only to be refused entry as lounge is full...
    To guarantee entry pre-booking is required (i.e. paying £15-£30 for single entry) and to pre-book no lounge card is needed.
    Gatwick is bad as a lot of tour operators flight from there.
    Been refused entry on Wednesday early afternoon (don't think it is very peak time as overall airport was not that crowded) - No1 Lounge was half-empty but plenty tables were reserved for Thomas Cook travelers (think it is something like £10 or so add-on so many people book lounge to start their holidays "with style" - small change in comparison to overall holidays' prices)
  • postcode
    postcode Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Any offers for the new Plaza Premium Heathrow T5 lounge? £40 per person for 2 hours is more than I'd pay, and it is a bit late to get an amex platinum to get in for free. ;)
    GC September 2012 - £49.04/£80 |GC October 2012 - £50.28/£80 |GC November £63.59/£60 (one adult only)
  • cas07
    Options
    I wish to buy a Priority Pass through your link. Can I buy this pass in January and get the 10% saving or does this deal expire on 3rd Dec (as do the single purchase passes)?
  • sallybunny
    Options
    Can I use the discounted credit vouchers against children’s entry or are they only for adults? As it’s me and two children it works out cheaper to it that way than buying a reduce adults voucher.
  • KittenFlyer
    Options
    I work in an airline lounge and get asked multiple times a day for people to come in as a non-member, to bring in extra guests, or when they are flying with another airline.
    My advice would be to not ask - it may cause embarrassment to yourself or the reception staff when your request is declined. If you are refused (which is highly likely), please do not get angry with the staff- remember every person who comes in is costing the airline money with food/drink as well as taking up valuable seating space.
    We also do not offer ‘free’ upgrades - if economy is overbooked it will be the top-tier frequent flyers who are regarded, not the first person to ask kindly at check-in.
    Also remember even as a member you are not ENTITLED to bring in guests- it is usually only if there is capacity. Often people get upset when they can’t bring in their guests, but also get upset when they cannot come in because the lounge is full. You can’t have it both ways!
  • stevenhp1987
    Options
    I work in an airline lounge and get asked multiple times a day for people to come in as a non-member, to bring in extra guests, or when they are flying with another airline.
    My advice would be to not ask - it may cause embarrassment to yourself or the reception staff when your request is declined. If you are refused (which is highly likely), please do not get angry with the staff- remember every person who comes in is costing the airline money with food/drink as well as taking up valuable seating space.
    We also do not offer ‘free’ upgrades - if economy is overbooked it will be the top-tier frequent flyers who are regarded, not the first person to ask kindly at check-in.
    Also remember even as a member you are not ENTITLED to bring in guests- it is usually only if there is capacity. Often people get upset when they can’t bring in their guests, but also get upset when they cannot come in because the lounge is full. You can’t have it both ways!

When you say "guests", one assume you mean airline lounge (not airport lounges)?

Most airlines will allow at least 1 guest for a paying business/first class ticket holder, and this is included in the price of your ticket so is pretty much guaranteed - so long as the guest is on the same flight as you.

I've been guested into a Virgin Clubhouse under this policy, no problems.

With regards to not getting in because the lounge is full. This happens with airport lounges (ie. pay for the lounge) and doesn't happen with airline lounges (where you are travelling business / first and can guest people in). Different lounges.
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know of any discounts for Manchester Airport T3 lounge ?

Thanks in advance
  • Spaniel24
    Options
    Try Groupon. Sorry it won't let me post the link.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback