Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hey everyone,

Happy Friday!

@JPears - I am sorry to hear you are having issues. Please email [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL] with information about whether you are trying to lodge a claim or query its progress.

@thor - Cheers for that, we'll reply to that as soon as we can.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am trying to send a message about an existing query that has been ongoing since Jan 2016 (purchase Dec 2015) with Toys R Us.
    As usual, your company has been completely useless at chasing up a merchant with the usual bovine excrement and excuses. It no surprise that i rarely use TCB now. Very few merchants I want to use appear on the list and trying to get payment really just isn't worht th hassle and grief TCB create. It would appear that its not necessarily the actual merchant but you TCB and the middlemen affiliates that cause all the problems and non-payment.
    I used to recommend TCB to friends. I don't now.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Shackeng
    Shackeng Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    B_M wrote: »
    Well done and in a reasonable time.
    It's a proven route now, yet TCB may state you were 'lucky'!
    Who offered the £75? Or, was that just given?
    It's up to you really to decide, but you could push for more and without it affecting what you have received. You could ask for more against their agent (AR), which is TCB. 15 months is a very long time for what could simply be resolved within a few weeks. TCB could have advised you of the route to take and they didn't! An angle for more compensation?
    I use a two pronged attack now, one mis-selling and another against their AR. TCB advise not to contact the merchant (wrong advice), their stats are manipulated, they don't have a recognised complaints procedure and refuse to escalate complaints. When I ask for compensation now, I ask for it against their AR and advise them as a 'principal', they are responsible for the actions (or lack of) of their agents. It's up to them whether the attitude of their agents is acceptable.
    Good luck whatever you decide, but at least you now know of a proven route. Hopefully others will take notice and if not paid cashback for financial product purchases within 4 months, follow that proven path.
    Cashback just a possibility? Then why are the merchants coughing up when they receive complaints? Why are they paying compensation?
    I'll be doing just that with Aviva in a couple of more weeks I'd imagine.
    See if I get 'lucky' yet again. ;)
    A shame TCB can't be as 'lucky'.

The Co-op sent me a cheque for the whole amount, £138. I thought it was not bad, but I will contact them to try for more. Thanks very much for the advice.
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    @TopCashBack Company Representative please.

I just took out an insurance policy with RIAS, it tracked instantly and is showing the expected £65.00 pending, but its also showing another line for RIAS, same purchase and date but for only £0.01.

Can you explain why that is and reassure me the £65 (or both!) will be paid and not just the £0.01 as I still have time to cancel the policy if there is a problem. Thanks.
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • Molly4
    Molly4 Posts: 1,268 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 23 April 2017 at 5:30PM
    I have been blocked from using my Topcashback account. I have not changed my email address and password and the site will not accept either. When I ask to reset my password I am told my email address is wrong. When I try to send a "support ticket" I cannot do this until I log in. When I try the "contact us" approach it is the same I cannot do this without logging in. I am going round in circles.

Has my account been hacked and my pending cashback stolen?

Does anyone have an email address for help at topcashback? I sent an email just now to [EMAIL="support@topcashback.co.uk"]support@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL] and it has bounced back saying it is an unmonitored email box. The links provided are as above - I can't use them unless I log in even the one about not being able to log in says send a "support ticket"
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    molly57. wrote: »
    I have been blocked from using my Topcashback account. I have not changed my email address and password and the site will not accept either. When I ask to reset my password I am told my email address is wrong. When I try to send a "support ticket" I cannot do this until I log in. When I try the "contact us" approach it is the same I cannot do this without logging in. I am going round in circles.

Has my account been hacked and my pending cashback stolen?

email [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 24 April 2017 at 7:43AM
    Shackeng wrote: »
    The Co-op sent me a cheque for the whole amount, £138. I thought it was not bad, but I will contact them to try for more. Thanks very much for the advice.

You can only gain from asking for more, but you should have been asked what you were looking for. £150 has been achieved from the Co-op! The compensation was decent, but you have been let down badly by TCB. 15 months? Remember, TCB have both a 'mission statement' and a 'fair play policy'. Why? Both have failed you here!
    It's sad, even bad, that to resolve your issue, you had to gain the knowledge from a consumer forum. Again, TCB failed here. Instead of telling you their team was 'working hard', they could have advised of the proven route. Yes, 'proven' and not 'lucky'. Working hard for 15 months and failing? A member works 'hard' for a few days and achieves what TCB couldn't. Hype from TCB? You decide. But, if they can't achieve what they promote within 15 months, heads should roll! Replace the dead wood and gather a more competent team!
    Good luck with your claim for more compensation, but I believe you will get it. £100 in total would be nice and I can't see the Co-op risking a FOS penalty (£550 referral fee if it reaches an adjudicator) and of course hours of extra work for an additional £25. TCB could of course offer you some compensation for their failings! But, the Co-op are fully responsible for 'agents' and any issues, simply remind them.
    Topcashback Ltd Status: Appointed representative (Reference number: 476080) This is a firm or individual that can act on behalf of another firm (its principal) that is authorised in the UK or regulated in another EEA country. The principal is responsible for the appointed representative's activities.

One option would be to ask if the original cashback could be moved to payable and kept by yourself as compensation. I have had this before.

I'm looking forward to your update as it will help others, but also see what the TCB response is. Will they dare tell you on a public consumer forum, that you were 'lucky'? Do the decent thing TCB and give a full and open apology and admit you failed!
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • Molly4
    Molly4 Posts: 1,268 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I have two responses directing me to this page. I can see nothing about other people not being able to log in just about their problems with their claims. I have emailed [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL] as directed yesterday and am waiting for a reply.
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Pay out to Avios seems to have vanished!!
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Another hidden goalpost NOT stated in the "things you need to know section" (which is I think, TCB's hip way of saying T&Cs) -
    >>Claims will remain on Hold until the car is returned and the Rental Agreement reference has been provided.Please be aware that although you can lodge the claim, it will be placed on hold until the rental return date. When you collect the car you will be provided with a Rental Agreement reference which you'll need to send to us before we can submit the claim.<<

Why isn't this stated in the Things you need to know, not just when you go to query why claim is tracking at £0.00?
    Hmm, with considerable experience of hire cars abroad, I doubt I will see said agreement reference.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello everyone,

@washable – Can you kindly email me on mse@topcashback.co.uk so I can look into this further for you.

@molerat – We are currently offering an enhanced amount of in-house offers, rather than operate the Groceries Section of these in-house offers.

@JPears – I am sorry to hear you are having issues. The email I have provided is a general email and so you should be able to email that as you would a friend or a colleague.

@sillygoose – Some merchants track as twice - one for the click through and one for the purchase. Both should progress as expected.

@molly57 – If you are not able to log in it does show you an email to email log in issues too. However, if you email mse@topcashback.co.uk I will be able to help.

@steve1500 – This is now back live on site

@JPears – If we submitted your claim any earlier it would be declined, not something either you or we want. If you email mse@topcashback.co.uk with the merchant you used I will look into whether we can include this in the information available on the page.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback