Better Bathrooms.com complaint

Comments

• Very good at taking the order, rubbish at delivering it....
    I placed an urgent order for next day delivery, at I had plumbers waiting to start.
    They could not give me a delivery 2 hour window until transport had run the schedules that evening, so at 2330 hrs I receive an email to tell me its between 1630 and 1830 the next day, as we are a business we normally close at 1730, so I have to pay staff to stay on. Guess what- no delivery !!!
    I did try to call Customer services at 0800 the following morning, but although the answer machine message say they work from 0800, it appears they don't. I tried the sales line (they are ever poised for another victim) they tell me to call back after 0830 (as the customer services team are all in a meeting) when it will be constantly engaged till you give up.
    Eventually I get to talk to somebody, they promise to contact transport and get back to me. Some 2 hours later I call them again, Transport issues, I can have it Tuesday - no good. I offer to collect its only 120 miles round trip, but not a chance, in case of fraud, due to my telephone order. I offer to BACS them the money, but that's not an option either. As I am over a barrel, I agree to a delivery on Saturday (more staff overtime costs) same old story, can't tell me when till the evening, get an email around 2000 hrs, its between 1300 and 1500hrs. At 1455 I call them again, told perhaps they are running late and I should hang on to 1600 hrs, after much insistence form me I then find it was was never on the van in the first place......
    They have now just sent me a mail confirming cancellation and refund, I have asked for them to raise a formal complaint and supply names and email contact details so I may at least let the directors of this Company know how they are failing in such a huge way.
  • Ordered a bathroom back in Dec 2015, had it delivered a few weeks later and when the delivery took place their staff damaged furniture in my hallway when carrying the bath through.

I took photos, raised to their CS on the day and sent the photos. I received an acknowledgement that it was passed to their transport department. Then 10 days later no news, so I chased up but was told they had not information about it, that the person who took the call had left the company, blah blah.
    So I did the same thing again, provided the info and photos but also raised it via the new website Resolver that MSE is sponsoring.
    Well, same saga here, I waited over 2 weeks with new news or updates, then I escalated it to their MD as offered via Resolver and there is still no acknowledgement or updates.
    This confirms to me that BetterBathroom is totall useless and rogue, but also I feel that this Resolver website is just a total waste of time as it doesn't do very much in helping to resolve issues, obviously in this case the supplier is ignoring the issue completely.
  • We bought taps, mixer shower and waste for the sink September 2014, had lots of issues then as they send faulty products. In the end I was able to send it back. All the items had a 10 years guarantee. Everything what we bought from them did get broken or had a corrosion last month so I've phoned them, send the pictures on several occasion. No replays, spending hours on the phone. Today I was informed that the 10 years guarantee only applies to item bought after December 2014! and they refusing to replace what we have bought already. I don't have any proof, we just went with what they were saying on the website. Do you know if I can go any further with this?
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Marzena728 wrote: »
    We bought taps, mixer shower and waste for the sink September 2014, had lots of issues then as they send faulty products. In the end I was able to send it back. All the items had a 10 years guarantee. Everything what we bought from them did get broken or had a corrosion last month so I've phoned them, send the pictures on several occasion. No replays, spending hours on the phone. Today I was informed that the 10 years guarantee only applies to item bought after December 2014! and they refusing to replace what we have bought already. I don't have any proof, we just went with what they were saying on the website. Do you know if I can go any further with this?
    Well if the items you bought don't have a ten year guarantee, that's the end of that avenue.

Why don't you read MSE's Consumer Rights guide and discover that you have up to six years to seek a remedy from the seller?

This is a statutory right that cannot be overruled by the seller or their T&Cs.
  • Bath and suite ordered from Bathstore Gloucester

Thursday 1st
    Bath arrived and had 3 large noticeable scratches opposite to the plug end on right hand side. I called Bathstore Gloucester to for there advice and when they did eventually answer the phone they told me they’d get back to me asap which they didn’t, the delivery drivers had to leave and left the Bath with me.

Friday 2nd
    I again had to chase and call Bathstore Gloucester and they arranged a Re-delivery for the following Tuesday.

Tuesday 6th
    Order didn't turn up after I waited at home to for the delivery, I called Bathstore Gloucester and they had cancelled my order because I had merely asked if there would be some amount of compensation, I was accused of over exaggerating the scratches to which I offered to prove the evidence.
    I was then promised a replacement first thing for the following day; I did not receive a delivery notification.

Wednesday 7th
    I had to call to enquire as to what time I could expect the delivery.
    At 1100 my delivery arrived and before they unloaded it from the truck I notice that the top corner was completely snapped.
    I was the promised an am delivery for Thursday.

Thursday 8th
    At 1600 the Bath arrived after I managed to get the drivers phone number only to find out he was returning to the warehouse as he couldn’t find my address (They had my contact number)

The Bath again had minor scratches

For every expected delivery date I had a plumber booked in who had a tiler booked to complete the work needed.
    There was no communication by Bathstore Gloucester I chased them every time (extremely politely) but I just seemed like they didn’t want to deal with this catastrophe of a problem and tried to make them selves the victim.

Mr Mike Morgan the Cheltenham and regional manager was my point of contact to deal with this issue, he was not understanding, friendly or willing to work this issue out with me. This issue is unresolved!

This was honestly the worst experience I ever had in regards to human interaction and as a consumer!
  • wealdroam
    Forumite
    Bath and suite ordered from Bathstore Gloucester

Thursday 1st
    Bath arrived and had 3 large noticeable scratches opposite to the plug end on right hand side. I called Bathstore Gloucester to for there advice and when they did eventually answer the phone they told me they’d get back to me asap which they didn’t, the delivery drivers had to leave and left the Bath with me.

Friday 2nd
    I again had to chase and call Bathstore Gloucester and they arranged a Re-delivery for the following Tuesday.

Tuesday 6th
    Order didn't turn up after I waited at home to for the delivery, I called Bathstore Gloucester and they had cancelled my order because I had merely asked if there would be some amount of compensation, I was accused of over exaggerating the scratches to which I offered to prove the evidence.
    I was then promised a replacement first thing for the following day; I did not receive a delivery notification.

Wednesday 7th
    I had to call to enquire as to what time I could expect the delivery.
    At 1100 my delivery arrived and before they unloaded it from the truck I notice that the top corner was completely snapped.
    I was the promised an am delivery for Thursday.

Thursday 8th
    At 1600 the Bath arrived after I managed to get the drivers phone number only to find out he was returning to the warehouse as he couldn’t find my address (They had my contact number)

The Bath again had minor scratches

For every expected delivery date I had a plumber booked in who had a tiler booked to complete the work needed.
    There was no communication by Bathstore Gloucester I chased them every time (extremely politely) but I just seemed like they didn’t want to deal with this catastrophe of a problem and tried to make them selves the victim.

Mr Mike Morgan the Cheltenham and regional manager was my point of contact to deal with this issue, he was not understanding, friendly or willing to work this issue out with me. This issue is unresolved!

This was honestly the worst experience I ever had in regards to human interaction and as a consumer!
    You haven't said when this happened, but I assume it was October 2015.

I am absolutely amazed at your statement "For every expected delivery date I had a plumber booked in who had a tiler booked to complete the work needed".

I thought by now that everyone knew not to book trades people until the goods are on site, but apparently not.
    Yes, you appear to have suffered badly, but even the best supplier will fail to deliver at some time or other, maybe through no fault of their own.

Is there any consumer rights issue you want help with or is this just a rant?
    If you are looking for help, have a read of MSE's Failed Delivery article and then perhaps ask any questions.
  • MrsLKH
    MrsLKH Posts: 1 Newbie
    I am furious at the service received too. Unfortunately for me they change their warranty from 12 months to 5 years after my purchase. However I feel like I've been sold a faulty item. I have had my sink unit for 2 years it has started to get bubbles on the bottom. I pressed one thinking it was soap the actual sink split, not cracked split. The guy in the showroom said it could have been a flaw in the stone when applying the resin. I explained this to customer service who keep repeating 'sorry it is not under warranty.' I don't care a sink unit should not do this whether it's 2 years old or 25years old. They final thing they said was it was caused by the impact. The only impact that sink unit has is the water from the tap!!! I want to laugh but can only cry because I can't afford abridge one. Has anyone been to small claims court? Just thought they would have to give answers if a court was to ask
  • wealdroam
    Forumite
    MrsLKH wrote: »
    I am furious at the service received too. Unfortunately for me they change their warranty from 12 months to 5 years after my purchase. However I feel like I've been sold a faulty item. I have had my sink unit for 2 years it has started to get bubbles on the bottom. I pressed one thinking it was soap the actual sink split, not cracked split. The guy in the showroom said it could have been a flaw in the stone when applying the resin. I explained this to customer service who keep repeating 'sorry it is not under warranty.' I don't care a sink unit should not do this whether it's 2 years old or 25years old. They final thing they said was it was caused by the impact. The only impact that sink unit has is the water from the tap!!! I want to laugh but can only cry because I can't afford abridge one. Has anyone been to small claims court? Just thought they would have to give answers if a court was to ask
    Have you read MSE's Consumer Rights guide?

In there you will see that you have up to six years to seek a remedy from the seller.

Lots of other good stuff in there too.
  • GalaxyMark
    GalaxyMark Posts: 13 Forumite
    I have also had problems with one of Better Bathrooms product. A Shower door which exploded when getting out of the shower. The door had been fitted since January and had operated without any problems but then with out any warning exploded causing cuts to my toes, hand, thigh and hand. The glass just shattered into a million pieces. The response I got from Better Bathrooms after explaining what had happened was that they would send a replacement door as a gesture of good will. Why would I want another door that possibly would do the same thing. I was suggested by their representative to accept the door and then sell it. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Why would I want to sell a potentially dangerous product. Unfortunately I didn't take any photographs of my injuries or of the shower door. I just left it that I would be taking further advice on the matter but any suggestions as to what I can do?
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    GalaxyMark wrote: »
    I have also had problems with one of Better Bathrooms product. A Shower door which exploded when getting out of the shower. The door had been fitted since January and had operated without any problems but then with out any warning exploded causing cuts to my toes, hand, thigh and hand. The glass just shattered into a million pieces. The response I got from Better Bathrooms after explaining what had happened was that they would send a replacement door as a gesture of good will. Why would I want another door that possibly would do the same thing. I was suggested by their representative to accept the door and then sell it. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Why would I want to sell a potentially dangerous product. Unfortunately I didn't take any photographs of my injuries or of the shower door. I just left it that I would be taking further advice on the matter but any suggestions as to what I can do?
    Read the advice given in your separate thread on the subject.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure