PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Wednesday 22 March 2017

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 22 March 2017 at 7:31AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Wednesday 22 March 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Now light, lovely sun rise, light cloud, and dry underfoot. Will put a line of washing out before I leave for work.

Dinner last night was a last minute take-away - expensive, but all eaten and enjoyed. Tonight's dinner will be chicken in country french sauce, veg rice, and extra veg for those that want some.

Yesterday work wasn't as busy but steady so day passed quickly. I'm working a different job today, but that will be busy especially this afternoon as they don't employ enough people to do the volume of work that we're getting, it's been really busy the last 4 Weds afternoons, so today won't be any different.

DH and I had some news yesterday that has knocked us both about one of our oldest friends'. Some people just seem to hit the self destruct button. So sad for the family and friends.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

It's not raining or snowing! Very cold though with a white frost.

When I got home yesterday it was glorious but cold and windy, I opened all the windows and gave the house a good airing for an hour while I cleaned the bathrooms and filed some paperwork, felt much better.

Didn't go to DDs, going Thursday now as her workman had finished early, the next one is coming on Thursday afternoon so I'll go from work. There's a sign up outside advertising the let and they are going to take photos today.

Hope the poorlies are feeling better and you all have a good Wednesday. Take care. XX
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Had a good mix of weather yesterday – sun, hail, rain x2 then it was gloomy grey clouds for the rest of the day. It was really cold so I kept the heating on all day, that came in useful for the sofa cushions which were taking longer than I thought to dry. I put old towels on the floor and propped them against the radiators. I'll do the same with the others today.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm still working my way through the jobs list but will stopping at noon. Miss tru has the whole day off so we'll be busy in the house this morning. It's raining heavily at the moment, hopefully it won't last all day, we want to put some food in the oven, take Scampi out then come home to eat. We're going to watch a film this afternoon – we haven't chosen yet but I fancy Fantastic Beasts - while working our way through my box of birthday chocolates :D[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • Morning folks and thanks NMLC. Sorry about your bad news.

We have heavy rain here but, as it was forecast to fall as snow, I'll settle for the rain! Had enough bother with the white stuff yesterday disrupting plans. As it is, scuppered plans to clean inside the van have been postponed until Saturday, when all danger of snow has passed!!

As we have Leeds Oncology tomorrow we will do the shopping today. Just a bit of a top-up in Aldi and a quick foray into Sainsbobs to stock up on Heinz TomatoFrito whilst on special offer - thanks again for the heads-up GROUCHY!

We have two of the three DGDs to sleep tonight and school run in the morning. As middle DGDs dance lesson times have changed they now conflict with youngest's Rainbows so juggling to be done. Yet to think about tonight's meal but they always enjoy sausage and mash and I still have some of my butchers yummy sausage order hidden away in the freezer.

CSARINA I feel for you as you seem to be following in my footsteps. It's now over three years since I was clobbered with the same UTI problem. I was prescribed loads of different anti-b's, referred to a Urologist and had 2 x Cystoscopy jobs and 1 stretch (ouch!) No cause found and am now taking one a night of the only a/b that worked. If I miss it I know about it next day. Good luck and I hope you can be sorted out quickly as it's not a lot of fun is it.

TRU you are making me tired. Take it easy. If you need any help with the chocs I am free! Have a good day all and (HUGS) for the poorlies, worried and sad who want one. Take care xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all,

Pouring with rain here and set in for the day I think, that means work will be quiet which is no bad thing.

Not going to mums tonight as she has got this shocking cold again she has enough food etc so is just staying in and keeping warm.

We shall have an omelette for dinner tonight as we have a load of eggs which need using up, bread and butter and salad to go with it.

OH has put a wash on this morning so that will have to go in the TD tonight and we need to have a sweep round.

TA I meant to say I have cooked your red pepper and cream cheese soup at work twice now and its delicious and going down very well xx

Have good days all xx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all,

So sorry to hear of your bad news Nmlc.

Lying here listening to the rumbles of my hounds empty bellies. They will get me up soon for their breakfast. At the moment they are quite happy to lie there.

Hubby and Youngest nearly collided on the stairs again today as hubby was a little early getting up and Youngest slightly late. It works our well usually.

Spent the day yesterday doing nothing in the house but trying to fix my pc cause its a little sick....I failed.

My phone isn't sick but it's full. I keep chucking stuff over onto the storage card but it keeps finding it's way back onto my phone again.

Must do some work today.

Onward and forwards

Have a great day all
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,013 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning everyone.

Seems rainy outside and the skies are a watery blue.

The gardener and mate called round to look at the back and see what needs done. I only need the place tidied up for now. Later I'll want dome more slabs laid when the marsh has dried up. He's the son of a friend and was very nice. A quote will be coming soon.

This morning is a working one, two hours with the teens. The most truculent one is going through the disciplinary process so I don't know yet if he's walked out or changed his attitude. Every day a surprise!

Hugs to the poorlies, I hope everyone has a happy Wednesday.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all, as usual a quick post as I must go to work - I don't have to start early, it is my choice and today I thought I might hang on and see if the rain lessened. Well it hasn't so I might just as well have pottered off earlier.
    Sorry that you have had bad news nmlc.
    I need to do some washing but the racks are full so that can wait until I get back, shock horror, people might not get their favourite bath towels, how very terrible.
    I must get ready and go, hope you all have the best day you can
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Wet and windy here in the south too today! forecast is for it to gradually clear into the afternoon and then be dry until the early hours of the morning. We are having the great debate at the moment about possibly moving to be closer to the girls who are both 2 1/2 hour journeys away from us, both in the same direction thankfully. DD1 and I got details of and walked to find a really suitable house when I stayed last weekend and He Who Knows is going up to her this weekend to do some DIY and will also walk and see what he thinks of the general area. Sadly my doggie walking friend of long standing has told me that she and her husband will be moving to Cornwall before the year end and although I am delighted for them, this has long been a dream I know I shall be very lonely without her so perhaps the time is right for us to make the move away too, we shall see.

I have the joys of a dental check up this afternoon tempered by the fact that the surgery is directly across the road from our local Aldi so I can combine shopping with my visit and get the few things I need for the weekend!

Have a good one all xxx.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Dry but cold here, we are forecasted rain for after lunch.
    Am hoping to source a new boarding kennel for my girls today, they have been going to the same place for years but last time they went I was quite shocked at how run down it had become and am no longer convinced they get such a high standard of care. Have found a new place online but want to visit first and check it out, if only LW lived nearer and they could go to her :)
    Other than that the floors all need washing and hope to get the windows cleaned inside.

Have a good day everyone.
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all,

Sorry to hear youve had bad news NMLC.
    Well we had a great time in Wales for our friends 60th,she rented out a massive house and it was a very mixed bag of people but seemed to work out well,we all did what we wanted during the day and met up at night.We had pub lunches,and in the evening food they'd taken down with them,curry,and a hot and cold buffet.

Back to reality and home and we found out our next door neighbours and their next door n/s have been kicking off over a long standing issue between them re access to the rear of the properties,and want DH to act as peace maker/arbitrator.If they cant agree,it will eventually affect the whole row (6) cottages and cost a fair bit of money if the council get involved.He's spoken with both lots and doesnt feel he's getting anywhere really, ....sigh, one more try this morning then he'll leave them to it.

Food stocks were diminished whe we got home,mainly fresh stuff and milk and bread so will probably do that today.Not sure what is for tea yet.

Hope the snow has cleared up and everyone has a good day xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure