PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/D Daily Saturday 18 March 2017

Options

Comments

• karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Gers wrote: »

My cauliflower pizza crusts yesterday where awful. So much effort for so very little reward, they are in the bin. :rotfl:

I read elsewhere on this site about someone who attempted the cauliflower pizza bases and dis exactly the same! They said they smelt awful too. I had been pondering giving them a try but definitely WON'T now :rotfl:

Camelot happy birthday have a lovely day and some cake :bdaycake:

WM just finished, all my windows wide open to air the place. i am an absolute fresh air fanatic and I open my windows daily, year round no matter what the weather...bracing at times, but worth it :D

No plans for today. I cleaned everywhere last night. Will be going for a run at some point and have in mind burgers in buns with salad for dinner, but that may, or more than likely, will change by tonight..as is usual with me.

Off to hang me washing out then more coffee required.

Have a good day all and take care :)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all
    Camelot have a very Happy Birthday:bdaycake:
    Today's weather is much like yesterdays, grey and damp.
    Having a quick potter on here while the kitchen floor dries. The DW is on and the halogen oven has been cleaned.
    We will be watching a film this afternoon so just chilling for the rest of the day.
    Jackie my relaxation is reading, mostly horror novels, but anything really, crafting (cards and scrapbooking) and photography. I also enjoy gaming and caravanning with DH. We have so many hobbies between us that's why my house is full of stuff ! :eek: :rotfl:
    Tea tonight will be jacket potato with chicken korma.
    Righty ho my floor is dry, was going to say it's lunch time but I'm an hour ahead of myself !:(
    Never mind, enjoy the rest of your Saturday.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Chicken Provencal is in the oven and the lovely smell is eradicating the last of the awful cauliflower smell which I complained about yesterday. The whiff of garlic is in the air. Making this made me realise that I have lost / thrown out my garlic press so I've ordered a new one. Think that turned to 'easy garlic' but it doesn't keep it's pungency long enough so I've reverted to good old fashioned bulbs.

I've emptied, cleaned out and refreshed my spice / herb drawer. Chucked out all the old stuff, half empty but OOD and not going to be used. The drawer was just manky so that's now shiny and clean. This cleaning malarkey just becomes a chain of things to do!

The woodburner is beginning to blaze nicely so once it's going properly I'll probably be propped up in the living room reading.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning, ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one and 'happy birthday' to the birthday girls.

Very dull grey morning, no rain as yet, but guess its not far away, OH has been in the shed looking for something, he knows is in there. I nipped over to see our neighbour, he is looking so much better, off oxygen for an hour at a time.

I have a commision for a bag slightly smaller than the one I made, so had to do a search for fabric last night, I will cut it out later. I also have a scissor case to sew up.

Corned beef stovies for supper tonight.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have been MIA this week, Monday and Tuesday brought hospital appointments at the crack of dawn at hospital 30 miles away (well it seemed like the crack of dawn to me having to leave home at 0700), having left hospital on Tuesday received a call from a very fed up DB who is at hospital in big city 50+ miles away, having undergone 8 1/2 hours of surgery a few days before so we diverted south and visited with him, out of the house for 11 1/2 hours, so tired!

Wednesday went down with a stinking cold, which seems to have a sting in the tail with running nose and sneezing starting again today:eek:

Belated and current birthday wishes to all celebrating this week, I hope that you have all had a lovely time.

OH informs me that we have to shop this afternoon as he will be watching the rugby at 17:00, so a GF SM pizza with salad for tea I think, should be the least disruption for him (I am not safe getting things out of hot oven, grip poor and not good when tea ends up on the kitchen floor, dog lives in hope though:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    Whats you favourite go-to relaxation pastime
    Whatever Mr LW decides we are going to do.
    Sadly I have lost the ability to decide on something "relaxing" for myself - if I have unallocated time, I hit the Frog list (those of you who read the Flylady thread will know a Frog is a task that wants doing, is likely to only take 10 minutes, but you've been putting off for ages) and do a task or three off it. I do still knit and do cross stitch, but tend to use these as a means of not going totally off my head when Mr LW has something particularly puerile on the tv, not as a means of "relaxation" as such. What I don't get is how come the Frog list seems to get longer, not shorter. :cool:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    LW I think it's an evolution thing...frogs keep making frogspawn so the list of frogs keeps growing!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • YorksLass
    YorksLass Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Birthday wishes to those of you having a birthday and may :bdaycake:come your way!

Weather here today is dull, decidedly cool, drizzle on and off, so ... par for the course. Roll on summer.

nmlc – (((hugs))) to you. Dementia is a horrible disease and, as a former carer for my late DF, know only too well how distressing and exhausting it can be. He too had other underlying medical issues and, as his only relative, everything fell to me and there were many times when I seemed to spend more time with him than I did with DH.

Tru – Sounds as if you need a container with a lid. How about a nappy bucket, lidded storage boxes (I got some inexpensive but sturdy ones from Homebase for my wool stash) or maybe lidded food containers that will stack on top of each other? You might find some on one of the Freebie websites. If yours are super-mice though, you might need something metal rather than plastic! :D

Jackie – You have such a busy social life; no wonder you hibernate on your “downtime” days!

My relaxation is reading (anything and everything), knitting, cross-stitch, listening to the radio (music, phone-ins and serials), crosswords, family research, dead-heading flowers and people-watching.

DH is currently watching rugby on TV and I’m catching up on forum posts (another relaxation).

Gers – Aww, shame about your cauli pizza crusts. I’m not a fan of cauliflower rice either and firmly believe cauli shouldn’t be tampered with – just eat it “as is”.

LW – Nope, soz - the Frog list to me means work, not relaxation!
    Be kind to others and to yourself too.
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    NMLC (HUGS) from me too. I was in much the same boat as YorksLass but in my case it was my mum who was the dementia sufferer. She too had lots of other illnesses including Parkinsons. Life was hell for a long time and looking back I don't know how I coped. I had a stressful job and kids still at home at the time too. I couldn't have managed without the unfailing support of my DH. He had the patience of a saint throughout.

JACKIE my idea of relaxation has changed over time, thanks to advancing years and illness. When we retired and got the caravan it was our idea of heaven to trek for miles in the beautiful Nidderdale countryside (when we weren't needed for childminding duties!) but Mr TA's diagnosis and illness put paid to that. We still like to escape to the caravan when we can (between medical appts, treatment and childminding) but nowadays long walks are out and we are content to just relax and enjoy the peace and quiet, watching the woodland wildlife and birdwatching. In season we spend hours foraging. And of course reading. I can spend hours with my feet up and nose in a good book, gentle music in the background.

Years back, when the kids were little, any spare time was spent making clothes, knitting, crocheting, baking etc. But this was out of necessity not for relaxation!

I hadn't heard of the cauli pizza bases GERS but shan't be trying it after your description! Nor do I like cauliflower rice! I tried it once and thought I was going to be ill! But a big helping of cauliflower cheese, topped with crispy fried bacon bits, now that is my idea of heaven on a plate!

Have a nice evening folks xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Happy Birthday Camelot :beer: hope you have had a good day xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business