Partner checking dating site?

Comments

• zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Then if I were the OP I'd dump said person as it sounds like they want approbation from persons other than him.
    So what if she does? It's pretty much the same as when people update their profile picture on facebook and get loads of comments like "beautiful" or "still looking good" etc from relatives or friends - people they have no interest in romantically and vv.

Makes them feel good, doesn't harm their relationship. Except perhaps if they have a very insecure partner.
  • springdreams
    springdreams Posts: 3,623 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Car Insurance Carver! Home Insurance Hacker! Xmas Saver!
    2 months or 2 years, exclusive is exclusive, thicko.

Ps check my post, we did talk, illiterate pleb.

Wow !!! How rude :eek:
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yes that's true. Since it was mentioned a couple weeks ago in conversation, i have not once asked her since (for the two morons that 'thanked' a dual poster troll - lmao), so I'll continue to trust her as I've done. As you imply, what will be will be.
    But you clearly don't trust her or this post wouldn't have happened
  • arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    2 months or 2 years, exclusive is exclusive, thicko.

Ps check my post, we did talk, illiterate pleb.
    Not helping yourself by attacking responders

Waiting for the attack on me now.

My intelligence? My Literacy?
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    If I'd paid a lot for a year too, I'd feel obliged to look too! But I understand why you're not impressed. It's not nice for the other party. Is there a way she can pause her account and reopen it if she needs to?

Not saying you won't live happily ever after, but at least she won't feel obliged to check as she's paid for it.

Suppose it's a bit like having a packet of biscuits open yet saying you'll start a diet. You put it off starting until you've finished the whole packet! Ahem... I'm probably not helping...

Jx
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    She's almost certainly twigged what you are really like and is getting another lined up before quitting.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • FBaby
    FBaby Posts: 18,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Is it a case of letting it lie?
    Letting what lie? That she still goes to have a look but doesn't reply? How did you find out that was the case unless you too went and had a look and noted she'd been active recently?

She is probably still going on it out of habit. It's amazing how logging in becomes part of your life, very much like this site is for many of us. The fact that she paid for a year subscription probably impacts on it too.

Of course, there is also the possibility that she doesn't think you are her perfect match, staying with you on the basis of 'let's see how it goes and if we can make something out of it', but thinking that it is likely not to work out long term and therefore still looking for better options.

To be fair, your even thinking of suggesting to her that she could turn her email notification would raise a bit alarm if I were her and probably makes me want to log in even quicker to look for an alternative that doesn't show signs of control issues.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,651 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    zagfles wrote: »
    So what if she does? It's pretty much the same as when people update their profile picture on facebook and get loads of comments like "beautiful" or "still looking good" etc from relatives or friends - people they have no interest in romantically and vv.

Makes them feel good, doesn't harm their relationship. Except perhaps if they have a very insecure partner.
    Comparing Facebook and a paid-for dating website is like comparing an apple and an elephant.
    I may have got this wrong but I thought the whole idea of registering on a dating website was to find a partner.

Having friends and relatives comment on your photos is very different to going back into a dating website to see who may be interested in you.
  • Only together a couple of months? So you're still in the honeymoon period of a relationship.

If that were me, and my partner admitted to viewing his date profile out of curiosity, I'd say Goodbye and move on before wasting any more time.

If she can be checking out potential 2 months in, then she isn't right for you.
  • Carl31
    Carl31 Posts: 2,616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    if she had anything to hide, when you said 'have you checked the site lately?', surely her lie of an answer would have been 'no'

I see the fact shes been straight up and honest about the fact she has, as the innocent truth, OK she had a look, I proobably would too, but it means nothing to her, dont beat yourself up
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure