IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket - Overstayed 6mins

Comments

• presc
    presc Posts: 45 Forumite
    Hang on, but I thought you have to appeal by day 26 after receiving your ticket, so that they (somehow) forget to send NTK by day 56.

From Newbies thread:
    "Why wait till day 26 before appealing?
    To engage them in the appeals process at a time when they should also be posting a Notice to Keeper. Many PPCs forget the NTK when replying to an appeal and if you appeal as 'keeper' then the very fact a PPC then forgets to send you a NTK by day 56, gives you a winning point at POPLA stage."
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    The newbies faq thread explains the futility of sendingany appeal to an IPC company

And also gives you a letter to send if you decide you can't stand by and do nothing.

If you want to, send them that letter
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    presc wrote: »
    Hang on, but I thought you have to appeal by day 26 after receiving your ticket, so that they (somehow) forget to send NTK by day 56.

From Newbies thread:
    "Why wait till day 26 before appealing?
    To engage them in the appeals process at a time when they should also be posting a Notice to Keeper. Many PPCs forget the NTK when replying to an appeal and if you appeal as 'keeper' then the very fact a PPC then forgets to send you a NTK by day 56, gives you a winning point at POPLA stage."

Yes all of that is correct, or you can wait for the NTK then appeal. It doesn't actually matter because it won't be cancelled anyway.

With IPC firms it is up to you and I'm toying with the idea of changing the advice for IPC firms to say, wait for the NTK. Reason being, in cases with an alleged DPA Breach with data misuse later on (i.e. NOT all cases!), complaining about data obtained under the DVLA KADOE system is a better position to be in than if you hand them your data.

You can also write your own version of appeal, citing the grace periods n the IPC CoP as already discussed, in fact you appear to have grounds to appeal to the IAS as this is so clear-cut. But you have to provide all evidence including the P&D ticket and both sides of the PCN and your mortgage deeds as security, shoe size and the short off your back...!!

15. Grace Periods
    Drivers should be allowed a sufficient amount of time to park and read any signs so they may make an informed decision as to whether or not to remain on the site.

Drivers must be allowed a minimum period of 10 minutes to leave a site after a pre- paid or permitted period of parking has expired.

The reference to 10 minutes in 15.2 above shall not apply where the period of pre-paid or permitted parking does not exceed 1 hour providing that the signage on the site makes it clear to the motorist, in a prominent font, that no grace period applies on that land.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • presc
    presc Posts: 45 Forumite
    Hi,

I have received NTK just yesterday (within 56 days from the PCN).
    The problem is, they haven't received my complaint letter - and I know this for sure since I have send it with "Signed for" to make sure they get it.

I'm thinking the letter could have been lost, or super delayed, as I posted it just around Christmas. The other option (if that's possible at all) is that they didn't "accept" the letter or they are not picking it up on purpose - this idea is based on a fact that a close relative had a ticket problem with the same company, and they have sent complaint letter through normal post. They have phoned the PPC and the PPC has denied that they have received any kind of complaint and it should have been posted with higher priority etc. and that now that my relative has no other option but to pay (She managed to resolve it in the end). This is why when I was posting my complaint, I have posted it with "Signed For" and when I check online it says that that they can't track it but I would have a notification if it was delivered. Would it be possible at all that the PCN is avoiding getting the letter from the post office? Let's say that they have been left a notice to collect it from the post and now they are not picking it up on purpose? I mean, what's the chance that the letter would get lost, especially with a previous case like this?

That's one thing, the other is that, well.. They didn't get my complaint so now I received the NTK (I guess it would happen anyway), so do I just wait up until... they take it to the IAS? Would I have to make a complaint to IAS? I know IAS is not something worth tackling, but is it something they have to go through, or is it something I have to get in touch with?

Do I try sending them the same complaint and try to contact the PPC first? Or do I just contact them saying "I won't pay, here's why" and wait for them to respond?

Thank you for all your help, it's much appreciated.
  • Quentin
    Sending correspondence with no intrinsic value via the signed for service just to get proof of delivery is a total waste of money.

All it does is provide unscrupulous recipients the opportunity for proof that they never received it ( presumably the opposite of your intentions and why you queued up and paid extra at the post office)

Next time you send important but worthless items in the post get a free cert of posting at the post office
  • I too have been handed a "fine" from parkingeye at a retail shopping centre car park for being 2hrs 10 mins on a free 2hr car park.

Was New Years Eve-eve and was chocker.

Took ages in and longer out.

I have contacted them by telephone (before reading this article) and to the best of my knowledge have not disclosed identity as far as I know. (Isn't there a "this call is recorded" bla bla bla message mandatory before being able to be submitted as evidence) (I digress)

I was told by the 'adviser' to send them a letter so they can 'look into this' when I explained the lengthy queues getting out being the reason for 10 mins over.

I, too, am unable to decide on a course of action as slip ups in this minefield can be costly.

I have a receipt for shopping and was going to send a copy of my card (only name and last 4 digits showing)

Have a feeling it would be a massive mistake now based on what I've read.

If anyone can point to a letter for grace periods (if there is one) it would be helpful and much appreciated.

Thanks in advance 😀
  • Quentin
    You need to start your own thread and not confuse someone's with your story.
  • Not being funny but this is the exact same situation and sharing my experience on the same thread may help the owner of this thread Presc.

By all means if the owner of this thread is unhappy with me being on it, fine.

As quickly as you have responded, it would have been just as quick to point me in the right direction, maybe if you knew.

I haven't tried to hijack this thread, just to see if there is a letter regarding grace periods involving the same situation, not to have the bones picked out of my scenario.

Am sure you helped many in this forum but on this occasion your reply has not helped me.

I apologise to the owner of this thread Presc if I have been out of order and if YOU (Presc) would like me to stop commenting I would gladly do so.
  • Quentin
    edited 12 January 2017 at 7:29PM
    This forum is different to others on MSE.

You do need your own thread. It's a rule used here only. But before even starting a thread you need to start by following the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum for advice on getting your popla code!
  • Well it's a question I'm politely asking Presc then, is that ok with you? (rhetorical) :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure