Survey Stashing: MySurvey hints & tips

MSE_Jenny
MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
MSE Staff
edited 22 October 2012 at 11:54AM in Boost your income
What’s this about? Willing to give your view on the Labour Party, answer questions about your sex life, or test out the latest moisturiser? If so, it’s possible to earn £100s a year, without any special skill or talent. It’s all about stashing cash from filling in online surveys or taking part in focus groups.

The first point of call is read the full Survey Stashing guide.
Then having found the best survey sites, this discussion is specifically to talk about feedback and tips for the survey site

MySurvey

If you want to discuss survey sites in general please go to the Survey Stashing Discussion.

If you’ve got a suggestion/tip

Simply click reply and add your suggestion, though its worth scanning down first to check it's not been duplicated.

Related Survey Site Discussions

Comments

• johnny_c-l
    johnny_c-l Posts: 701
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I do quite a few surveys for them. Can't imagine what hints and tips there are really.

Just the more you do for them the more you seem to get offered. Have done product testing for them as well.

They're now called MySurvey not MyTNS.
  • thefenman
    thefenman Posts: 238 Forumite
    edited 13 May 2009 at 7:17AM
    The home page is http://uk.mysurvey.com. Rewards are paid in Nectar points. They have recently introduced a "messenger" which, when installed on the computer, gives a signal, audible if you wish, when a survey is available.
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629
    Forumite
    Or you can have 2000 points = £10 amazon voucher
  • muffin_man
    muffin_man Posts: 242
    Forumite
    I had a message recently to say that automatic conversion to nectar points would no longer happen after 1st May. The redemption rate is staying the same i.e. 1 mysurvey point = 1 nectar point, but you have to wait until you get to 500 points now, rather than them being converted every week regardless of your balance.
  • adam2484
    adam2484 Posts: 436
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    muffin_man wrote: »
    I had a message recently to say that automatic conversion to nectar points would no longer happen after 1st May. The redemption rate is staying the same i.e. 1 mysurvey point = 1 nectar point, but you have to wait until you get to 500 points now, rather than them being converted every week regardless of your balance.

i'm annoyed. They did this to make you have to login to the mysurvey account. Now though we have another email to say that they will track our internet useage.

I have opted out because you're automatically opted in. I just think it's a bit cheeky.
  • Scaredy_Cat_3
    Scaredy_Cat_3 Posts: 2,812 Forumite
    adam2484 wrote: »
    i'm annoyed. They did this to make you have to login to the mysurvey account. Now though we have another email to say that they will track our internet useage.

I have opted out because you're automatically opted in. I just think it's a bit cheeky.

I just received this email, too - about them tracking what adverts I see online. Seems a bit intrusive to me, and shouldn't be an opt-out thing, I think it should be opt-in.

If I do opt out, does anyone know, am I opting out JUST of the tracking, or will I stop getting surveys, too?
  • blackaqua
    blackaqua Posts: 192 Forumite
    I also quite often get invited to a personal routine diary (same layout as consumer pulse) for a week which falls just short of £5 with the additional survey at the end
  • koala987
    koala987 Posts: 1,336
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 19 May 2009 at 9:24PM
    muffin_man wrote: »

Thanks for this. I don't remember getting an email about this. I noticed last week I had 420 points in my account and wondered why they hadn't been converted to Nectar points. Cheeky!

I did get the email about tracking internet usage and opted out of that pronto! I totally agree - it shouldn't be that you're automatically opted in.
    Don't wait for the storm to pass
    Learn to dance in the rain
  • olivetti
    olivetti Posts: 215
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    blackaqua wrote: »
    I also quite often get invited to a personal routine diary (same layout as consumer pulse) for a week which falls just short of £5 with the additional survey at the end

Same here, although they are always very slow at crediting the points to my account:confused::rolleyes: usually at least twice the stated "couple of weeks".

Still waiting for them now 4 weeks after the last personal routine survey....
  • do mytns haveany sign up banners? really want to join but understand that you either have to be invited or find a sign up banner?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure